• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know we need both but I think if we're thinking of going big it should be on Xhaka's replacement. Ødegaard is unsettled at a club that needs money. Try to get him for 35m then get someone in for Xhaka

I agree, thats why I prefer MO over Maddison. For the money Maddison would cost, MO + a Xhaka replacement has to be a better option than just Maddison. I guess the one thing we dont know is how much Sambi will play. Most seem to think very little, I'm not so sure.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Newcastle don’t have 30m to spend on one player and no one from the French bankrupt league is splashing the cash apart from PSG and doubt they want Willock.

we’d be lucky to get 10m for ANM and 18m max for Willock

I'll remind you of this in 3 weeks. So I can find the post let me just put in a stamp - ludicrous

blrgooner

Established Member
I agree, thats why I prefer MO over Maddison. For the money Maddison would cost, MO + a Xhaka replacement has to be a better option than just Maddison. I guess the one thing we dont know is how much Sambi will play. Most seem to think very little, I'm not so sure.
Sambi replaces Ceballos who played over 1600 mins last season. Its funny how we seem to think here that only 11 members in the whole squad will get significant amount of playing time. Elneny who was definitely a backup player got 1500+ minutes last season.
Up front, Laca was not necessarily a "starter" played over 1900 minutes.
If we are very lucky with injuries, we still need a squad of atleast 15-16 players who are all "starters". In that sense, Sambi sounds like a starter at the moment.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Newcastle don’t have 30m to spend on one player and no one from the French bankrupt league is splashing the cash apart from PSG and doubt they want Willock.

we’d be lucky to get 10m for ANM and 18m max for Willock
Why is it that nobody will pay much for our players, if at all, but we’re paying over the odds for players we want. How useless is our management?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Sambi replaces Ceballos who played over 1600 mins last season. Its funny how we seem to think here that only 11 members in the whole squad will get significant amount of playing time. Elneny who was definitely a backup player got 1500+ minutes last season.
If we are very lucky with injuries, we still need a squad of atleast 15-16 players who are all "starters". In that sense, Sambi sounds like a starter at the moment.

Thats what I'm thinking, or at least share the mins with Xhaka if he stays.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Why is it that nobody will pay much for our players, if at all, but we’re paying over the odds for players we want. How useless is our management?
16-23 => developing, picking up experience
23-27 => peak
27-32 => physically declining
>32 => useless

1) Buy at 23, sell at 27, not only you get the best years on the pitch. You also buy low, sell high, maximising profit.

2) Never let contract run down to within one year, always provide new contract 2 years before the contract ends, so the value of the player is protected.

3) Always buy players who have equivalent skills to the top players but not necessarily being considered as top players yet. Like how Firmino, Kante, Vidic was bought before they were famous.

4) Develop youth talent. Watch U17 international match and identity best talent from each countries. Buy them at a young age when they are relatively cheap.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We will have less games this season which helps. We should be focusing on reducing the quantity of our squad and improving the quality of the XI. And then improving the quality of the bench. We should be able to lose Elneny, Willock and Xhaka and only need a replacement for Xhaka. Then rely on youngsters to fill in if necessary.

Partey, new signing, Lokogna, Chambers youth player.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

16-23 => developing, picking up experience
23-27 => peak
27-32 => physically declining
>32 => useless

1) Buy at 23, sell at 27, not only you get the best years on the pitch. You also buy low, sell high, maximising profit.

2) Never let contract run down to within one year, always provide new contract 2 years before the contract ends, so the value of the player is protected.

3) Always buy players who have equivalent skills to the top players but not necessarily being considered as top players yet. Like how Firmino, Kante, Vidic was bought before they were famous.

4) Develop youth talent. Watch U17 international match and identity best talent from each countries. Buy them at a young age when they are relatively cheap.
Maybe you should explain that to Arteta.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s our wage structure, and creating a reputation of being messed around by clubs. And yes Edu is a baby in the game too.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

A huge part of this is to do with old regimes by the way. They set the president in terms of wages. Not sure why people put all this blame onto Edu and co.
Otherwise, Inter Miami would have to squeeze Willian into their overall squad salary budget, which stands at $4.9 million for the entire squad. Given that Willian is reportedly on a salary of ($10.2m) and has two more years to run on his deal, it’s safe to assume that there is no likelihood of that happening.”

Don’t think any of the previous regimes created this mess. And who agreed a 3 year deal of up to £350,000 a week for Auba. 2 of our 3 highest wage earners are now 32 years old and clearly slowing down.

And Cedric and Mari figure in our top dozen wage earners, who signed those and are they any good?

And Emi Martinez who was arguably the best keeper in the league last season is on £47K a week. Edu is paying Runarsson £40K a week to replace him, let that sink in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Otherwise, Inter Miami would have to squeeze Willian into their overall squad salary budget, which stands at $4.9 million for the entire squad. Given that Willian is reportedly on a salary of ($10.2m) and has two more years to run on his deal, it’s safe to assume that there is no likelihood of that happening.”

Don’t think any of the previous regimes created this mess. And who agreed a 3 year deal of up to £350,000 a week for Auba. 2 of our 3 highest wage earners are now 32 years old and clearly slowing down.

And Cedric and Mari figure in our top dozen wage earners, who signed those and are they any good?

And Emi Martinez who was arguably the best keeper in the league last season is on £47K a week. Edu is paying Runarsson £40K a week to replace him, let that sink in.

What are you on about? Kolasinac, Torreira, Özil on stupid wages, Mustafi, Xhaka should I go on? Edu made mistakes last summer, but we've been paying for the mistakes made by the old regimes for years now. So don't give me that absolute rubbish defending your beloved old regimes. You're everything that's wrong with this fan base. I don't even class you as an Arsenal fan, you're just an Arsène fan.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

What are you on about? Kolasinac, Torreira, Özil on stupid wages, Mustafi, Xhaka should I go on? Edu made mistakes last summer, but we've been paying for the mistakes made by the old regimes for years now. So don't give me that absolute rubbish defending your beloved old regimes. You're everything that's wrong with this fan base. I don't even class you as an Arsenal fan, you're just an Arsène fan.
Özil was 29 when he was given that big contract not 32 years old. Try addressing what I posted first. And Torreira is on less than Cedric or Mari and he wasn’t intended as back up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Özil was 29 when he was given that big contract not 32 years old. Try addressing what I posted first. And Torreira is on less than Cedric or Mari and he wasn’t intended as back up.

You continuously bring it back to Mari and Cedric. Mari in particular has performed very well for us, so what's the problem? Cedric has done well when he's played as well. So again, why do you consistently single those two out to make a point? Bizarre.

The damage was done with the guys I said, its as simple as that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Because Edu has had one summer and old regimes had many, many more. Edu is fixing mistakes made in one summer, which is good. But certain forum dwellers will constantly bring it up.
All those mistakes in just one year?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom