• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
@Jury right now:

london guy GIF

pikey2000

Personally, I'm with the club on this one.

Xhaka is a starter for us, yes he may not be great but he is still better than Elneny, Torreira, AMN, and Willock, its never made sense to me for us to sell a starter for peanuts, then have to spend double that to get someone marginally better than him (Neves) and then keep all of the crap that is noticeably worse than him.

far better off keeping him if nobody wants to pay a fair value, sell the crap around him Elneny/Torreira/Douzi/AMN/Willock and then if you have enough money buy someone who can potentially bench Xhaka.

Partey - Lokonga - Xhaka and someone like Bissouma is in my opinion better than

Partey - Lokonga - someone like Bissouma and Elneny and co.

Xhaka may become a bench warmer but he's a better bench warmer than Elneny and co and you can't tell me we can't get the same ****ey £17m Roma were lowballing us for over Xhaka by selling Elneny/Torreira/AMN/Willock

Elneny - worth £5m of someone's money all day long
Torreira - tough one, i'd probably just loan him out to recoup his wages at this point
AMN - already being quoted as interest from Southampton and Palace, got to be £15m
Willock - £20m figure being chucked about quite consistently.

circa £30-40m there.

I know ill get blasted for this but some people are completely blinded by their hatred of Xhaka right now.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Personally, I'm with the club on this one.

Xhaka is a starter for us, yes he may not be great but he is still better than Elneny, Torreira, AMN, and Willock, its never made sense to me for us to sell a starter for peanuts, then have to spend double that to get someone marginally better than him (Neves) and then keep all of the crap that is noticeably worse than him.

far better off keeping him if nobody wants to pay a fair value, sell the crap around him Elneny/Torreira/Douzi/AMN/Willock and then if you have enough money buy someone who can potentially bench Xhaka.

Partey - Lokonga - Xhaka and someone like Bissouma is in my opinion better than

Partey - Lokonga - someone like Bissouma and Elneny and co.

Xhaka may become a bench warmer but he's a better bench warmer than Elneny and co and you can't tell me we can't get the same ****ey £17m Roma were lowballing us for over Xhaka by selling Elneny/Torreira/AMN/Willock

Elneny - worth £5m of someone's money all day long
Torreira - tough one, i'd probably just loan him out to recoup his wages at this point
AMN - already being quoted as interest from Southampton and Palace, got to be £15m
Willock - £20m figure being chucked about quite consistently.

circa £30-40m there.

I know ill get blasted for this but some people are completely blinded by their hatred of Xhaka right now.
You are misunderstanding the anger in this thread. It is one thing to keep him. Another thing to extend his contract on higher wages. If Roma is only the club that wants him now, his demand will be even worse in the upcoming years. In just one year, his value will be same as the other players you mentioned in the list.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He want to leave he said that alot of times and given hints and agreed terms with Roma what will make him sign new contract? He top pro but he won't be committed because he asking to leave. I f**king hate Italian clubs

When and where did Xhaka say that he wants to leave. All these tweets and articles are rubbish. Also this thread is rubbish.

pikey2000

You are misunderstanding the anger in this thread. It is one thing to keep him. Another thing to extend his contract on higher wages. If Roma is only the club that wants him now, his demand will be even worse in the upcoming years. In just one year, his value will be same as the other players you mentioned in the list.
I'd be happy with an extension without a wage rise, extending with a rise at this point would seem a poor idea i'd agree, though not sure that is what is being said is it?

if we don't extend and he goes into his final year we lose him for nothing and haven't the fans been calling for the club to stop letting people go for nothing, you can't have it both ways in that case, either extend and protect the asset or let him go for peanuts and as I've said, if this was Elneny or the rest of the backups i'd probably let them go for peanuts rather than extend but like it or not he isn't backup he a starter for us so on this occasion i'd extend and protect his value.

just my opinion of course.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
When and where did Xhaka say that he wants to leave. All these tweets and articles are rubbish. Also this thread is rubbish.
Of course he doesn't want to leave. This will be the most he's ever paid in his life and he hasn't had this low of expectations/responsibilities since he was a toddler. You would be stupid to pass up the Arsenal gravy train. You are celebrated for failing here.

Erlis

Of course he doesn't want to leave. This will be the most he's ever paid in his life and he hasn't had this low of expectations/responsibilities since he was a toddler. You would be stupid to pass up the Arsenal gravy train. You are celebrated for failing here.

If others get around 300,000 a week for doing nothing than he most certainly deserves to get paid 400,000 a week. Your post is entirely out of context. I dont care if he leaves but all your posts are more a wish list than serious posts.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

You looking forward to staying on AM, now that Granit is extending at Arsenal?

blaze_of_glory

Xhaka had quotes about "Arsenal know what I want" in response to questions about Roma. He wants to go there.

Was Amy Laurence who has this article of the new contract offer, isn't it? She's a bit of club mouthpiece, could well be trying to put pressure on Roma.

Still think he goes late in the window. I've been right about every other aspect of Xhaka since 2016, so just follow my lead.

Erlis

Arsenal know what I want ..can mean anything at least in my mother tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom