• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he'll be easy to ship out.

I think he can easily be sold back to an Uruguayan club, where he stated he wants to settle following the death of his mother to be close to his family. If we're not selling him it's because we want him because we think he might come in handy given the current state of our midfield.

blrgooner

Established Member
Well I am happy with keeping Xhaka. I think he is a decent player. More importantly, I think most of the players we were linked with were not that much better than Xhaka anyway.
I still think we should buy another CM because our CM partnership was the biggest weak link last season. I just think thats how we can improve as a squad. Not by telling a player "Give any level of performance and you will still be in the X1 next season because only other option we have is Elneny". We have 4 good options now for CB positions, we need 4 for CM too. All this stuff about us not being in Europe and thus don`t need to rotate is silly IMO.If we were in Europe, we would be able to rotate in 6 games in group stages. So instead of potentially 45 games, it would be 51 games. Don`t see why that should affect the squad building strategy.
The reason we need a strong squad is to manage injuries/Poor form/International breaks(AFCON) etc.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not unsettling will lead us to 8th. That is basically exactly the same first 11 that got us an 8th place finish.

People keep saying this and it's disgraceful. We didn't have Partey, ESR or Ødegaard for half a damn season. How can you say its the exact same squad when it quite obviously isn't unless you're basing it off half a season.

I'm not happy with no upgrade on xhaka or Bellerin, but Xhaka in particular isn't the end of the world and Chambers will probably start most games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We told Auba we will make more signings and improve the team and we only signed Partey well it;s world class signing but wasn't enough. it's obvious we need 3 or 4 signings we only done less than 50% of incomings and like less than 10% out goings the next month either going to be depressing or crazy the way market moving i predict going to be depressing but teams will need to make moves.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We told Auba we will make more signings and improve the team and we only signed Partey well it;s world class signing but wasn't enough. it's obvious we need 3 or 4 signings we only done less than 50% of incomings and like less than 10% out goings the next month either going to be depressing or crazy the way market moving i predict going to be depressing but teams will need to make moves.
Do you trust these clowns?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Do you trust these clowns?
i think they trying but they not being helped by the broken teams around europe they seem have plan who they targeting what profile and all below 25 years old but as long we not sell the guys we have and still have big squad currently it's 28 we'll struggle to add anybody else.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People keep saying this and it's disgraceful. We didn't have Partey, ESR or Ødegaard for half a damn season. How can you say its the exact same squad when it quite obviously isn't unless you're basing it off half a season.

I'm not happy with no upgrade on xhaka or Bellerin, but Xhaka in particular isn't the end of the world and Chambers will probably start most games.
It isn't disgraceful when you consider the only team that will visibly be weaker is Sp**s if they lose Kane.

Arteta will not be able to close the gap through his coaching. We will get found out pretty early on if we continue our one trick pony build up.

Not to mention we will be exposed on set pieces.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We will sign more players, I don’t think that’s in doubt. The question is will they upgrade the starting XI. Ramsdale won’t. Ødegaard won’t. Someone like Abraham won’t (if we sign a striker). Those sorts of signings add depth or different options more than anything, even though they may be significant (in terms of outlay).

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I get that money's tighter than most years for clubs but I'd have hoped that getting players like Torreira, Kola and at least one of the right backs out the door this summer would have been done quicker.

We need to reduce the number of players by as much as possible as having a smaller squad with less games would ideally mean seeing a more settled team for a change. The last thing Arteta needs is an excuse to play a different back 4 every week for example. A settled line up could help us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom