• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Feel like this is a myth these days but due to pure bad luck it remains valid. Quite a few arsenal players have gotten stupid reds, there was a segment on sky sports about Arsenal’s poor discipline under Arteta. Because Xhaka is the only one with a history of reds it stands out though.

As for the ‘costing us x points’ again this is one that he’s pretty much gotten rid of, what’s left is Arteta’s arsenal putting defenders in positions where they are likely to mess up. Leno, Gabriel, Bellerin, Holding, Luiz, Mari and Xhaka have all made errors that have cost us goals/points last season.

TL:dr version I don’t think he’s a liability these days, the team has simply gotten worse and everyone is making more mistakes.

It's not a myth, the evidence is in front of us and we've seen it every season since he joined. Especially the errors, did it under Wenger, Emery, Freddie and now Mikel. It's not a coach thing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's not a myth, the evidence is in front of us and we've seen it every season since he joined. Especially the errors, did it under Wenger, Emery, Freddie and now Mikel. It's not a coach thing.
I don’t think you understood what I was saying at all. 😅 I even put in a summary and you still didn’t get it!

Under Wenger he stuck out like a sore thumb, nowadays I don’t think he’s negatively impacting us like he was back then. A lot of players make more mistakes than he does now, the team is a lot worse now. He’s not costing us games any more than anyone
Else is whereas in the past he was the guy that did that the most.

No way to prove it but I don’t think he’s a liability anymore, if the team as a whole starts to perform better I don’t think you’ll see Xhaka costing us 6-9 points a season anymore.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
official confirmation he's staying?

I'm sure Leno will be picking said confirmation out of his net soon enough.
season 9 wow GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka is better than everyone we’ve been linked to. Lesser players are costing 3 times as much too.

Nobody should cry about this.
I disagree with the contract extension personally, there's no real value to protect.

Otherwise yeah it’s genuinely not the end of the world, the plodders we were linked to were lukewarm.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don’t think you understood what I was saying at all. 😅 I even put in a summary and you still didn’t get it!

Under Wenger he stuck out like a sore thumb, nowadays I don’t think he’s negatively impacting us like he was back then. A lot of players make more mistakes than he does now, the team is a lot worse now. He’s not costing us games any more than anyone

No way to prove it but I don’t think he’s a liability anymore, if the team as a whole starts to perform better I don’t think you’ll see Xhaka costing us 6-9 points a season anymore.
So your argument in favour of Xhaka is basically the team is **** so it doesn't matter that Xhaka is ****.

Well, it as an argument, I give you that! It is a ****ty one, but taking your logic as base in your favour...

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Keep him but don't offer a new contract.

Our players tend to have seasons of their life when battling out for the last big paycheck.

Sell him for the same 15 million euros next year when he kills it.

Reactions: roz

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He is a good player and a valuable option to have.

A club with ambition keeps Xhaka and gets a new CM anyway.

You need competition for starting spots, not Elneny being happy on the bench ffs

But we are not a club with ambition.

The reason to move him is not because he's a bad player in isolation, it's because that relationship has soured and both the player and fans want out of it. It's time for something new.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm so hungover.

That back pass he made last season which hit off a defender and went in just sums him up, he'll do the same crap next year.

Jack Circus

Two 28 year old CMs with a good balanced partnership and 4-5 years left at the top while Lokonga and Azeez develop behind them? Oh nooo we're doomed oh wait actually that sounds fine. Meanwhile we're building statues for Starbob Squarepants and ASMR.

E6lmpWIVIAQ1xvN

E5smqFCUcAMash-

• Funny
Reactions: Xln

El Duderino

Two 28 year old CMs with a good balanced partnership and 4-5 years left at the top while Lokonga and Azeez develop behind them? Oh nooo we're doomed oh wait actually that sounds fine. Meanwhile we're building statues for Starbob Squarepants and ASMR.

E6lmpWIVIAQ1xvN

E5smqFCUcAMash-

@BigPoppaPump defo not say yes.

Leaning more into a Jury, but both never used crab stats...

El Duderino

Sounds more like Manberg which is weird because Manberg is already loitering around in a different profile. But with him, you never know.

Nah, not his style of writing and Xhaka defending. Manberg never registered and went after Gdeep and Only one with his first few posts.

Not 🧊 👨 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom