• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So your argument in favour of Xhaka is basically the team is **** so it doesn't matter that Xhaka is ****.

Well, it as an argument, I give you that! It is a ****ty one, but taking your logic as base in your favour...
That's definitely my stance tbh :lol:

Xhaka leaving doesn't fix the club, neither do his mooted replacements. You guys should have learned from Özil and his mates, the problems here are deeper than a couple of individuals we can't stand.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm so hungover.

That back pass he made last season which hit off a defender and went in just sums him up, he'll do the same crap next year.
That’s kind of my point anyway, that was a freak incident rather than the rash Xhaka we are used to. Arteta’s arsenal had a lot of those freak incident with basically every member of our back four making multiple major mistakes. I think because we were under so much pressure defensively this season.

Like I said, got no proof but I feel like you take the general sh*tness from last season away and you have a Xhaka who’s a lot less of a liability than he used to be. We’ll see I guess!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So your argument in favour of Xhaka is basically the team is **** so it doesn't matter that Xhaka is ****.

Well, it as an argument, I give you that! It is a ****ty one, but taking your logic as base in your favour...
Nah my argument is that Xhaka used to be a error prone liability in a team that wasn’t very error prone. He stuck out like a sore thumb and was clearly the problem.

Now he’s matured as a player and is a lot more reliable, unfortunately the team around his has become a lot more unreliable due to how much pressure we are under defensively. Now he’s making mistakes not due to him being a liability but just due to our entire team being a lot more error prone, which we can clearly see as every player in our defence seems to make multiple mistakes.

If the team as a whole improves but Xhaka continues to make high profile errors then I’m completely wrong, I don’t think that will happen though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Partey maintains full fitness over the season, Xhaka can be carried to a good season, especially with a pressing 10 like ESR in front of him...we will have plenty of legs around Granit, to cover the weaknesses in his game.

The mistake against Burnley last season was priceless though, dumbest goal I have ever seen :lol:

oh to be a goon

My head cannon for coping with this is that we have decided to put our faith in Azeez and Patino long-term, and are keeping Xhaka around to help groom them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Two 28 year old CMs with a good balanced partnership and 4-5 years left at the top while Lokonga and Azeez develop behind them? Oh nooo we're doomed oh wait actually that sounds fine.
Oh yeah, that actually doesn't sound fine. Talented players will want to play as soon as they hit 20, many will want it before. Some will probably be OK with a loan or two, but they definitely won't be happy watching this fraud for another 4 years waiting for their turn. I wouldn't be too surprised if this Lokonga is already better than Xhaka, will need to see him for a few games.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I can only hope that Xhaka does a Mustafi and rejects the offer of an extension. All this talk of our best midfielder is misleading. You don't build around a 28 year old with holes in his game who has a fractios relationship with the fans and hasn't stood shoulder to shoulder with his predecessors over five years and four managers. I don't like him as a player and want him gone if only to stop the inevitable abuse and having to watch him not being what the club needs to push on. He'd be gone already if we hadn't made an obvious mistake and extended two years ago. Why do this again?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Two 28 year old CMs with a good balanced partnership and 4-5 years left at the top while Lokonga and Azeez develop behind them? Oh nooo we're doomed oh wait actually that sounds fine. Meanwhile we're building statues for Starbob Squarepants and ASMR.

E6lmpWIVIAQ1xvN

E5smqFCUcAMash-
I'm confused, are you having a pop at Saka here? He's 19, to be achieving the league average at that age is phenomenal.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
In 2023, we will be crying about why we have a useless player on high wages who no one is willing to buy. If he is a regular starter for us at that time, it's an even worse predicament for the club.

Long contracts should be given to good players who have proved something here. If we are going to give it away to someone who has been stinking the midfield for 5 years and no good club would touch with a barge pole, it just shows that the club has never learned from its mistakes. Pathetic management.
Having two highly paid CMs coming into their late 20s/early 30s is really gonna be troublesome. It would be better to have Partey and then pair him with a 22-26 year old and move on Xhaka. Look at the trouble we have with Lacazette and Auba. Our squad is lob-sided with highly paid close to 30 players and kids who have one or two seasons under their belt like Balogun, ESR, Martinelli etc. The whole point of this rebuild is to bridge the gap. Bring in players in 22-26 age bracket. Move on the elderly players: Willian, Xhaka, Laca, Cedric etc. Loan out the youngsters in need of gametime: Balogun, Azeez, Patino etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom