• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Loaning a player for the final year of their contract(where the other club pays part of the salary) is better than paying up and terminating a contract..

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Tell you how confident I am this this doesn't get done - we sign Martinez and I'll call a ceasefire on that little bi**h boy Rob Holding for a year.
Are you sure about this one mate...? Feels like one of those bets at a high stakes poker table where the house keys get slapped down. I'm nervous for you.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's a factor but I'd say no Europe, the sh*tty club as a whole and the fee would be far bigger factors. We're talking 60m starting, realistically 70+

If Arsenal miss out on a talent purely because of a striker who's out of here in 12 months then the whole club should honestly go in the bin.

Yeah I understand that but at the same time it's a player this leadership team didn't sign, on massive wages and is hard to shift and unfortunately as we've seen it has a knock-on effect.

Also I'm basing this on the fact that the player wants to come as some of the reports say, so if that's the case then as I said the only sticking point is how many players we have on the books.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A statement signing that doesn't solve much actually sounds right up our ally.

I also think Lacazette is being made out to be a bigger stumbling block than he really is, couple guys get the boot if Lautaro comes in no probs.
With no Europe you can’t have laca, Martinez, Auba, saka, pepe, esr, martinelli and balugon. That’s 8 players for 3 spot. I can see martinelli being moved on tbh

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

That’s not the only option though. They could decide against signing a 10 and use ESR and Saka there. Then Auba rotates on the LW and Martinez and Laca are the striker options.

This was my other thought, but still think we'll try for Ødegaard as well. I don't know tbh but going off the way the summer has gone so far my feeling is we need to move an attacker out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With no Europe you can’t have laca, Martinez, Auba, saka, pepe, esr, martinelli and balugon. That’s 8 players for 3 spot. I can see martinelli being moved on tbh
Or Bolagun loaned out? Martenilli signed long term contract last season he not going anywhere.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I understand that but at the same time it's a player this leadership team didn't sign, on massive wages and is hard to shift and unfortunately as we've seen it has a knock-on effect.

Also I'm basing this on the fact that the player wants to come as some of the reports say, so if that's the case then as I said the only sticking point is how many players we have on the books.
and again, I disagree - I think stumping up the cash after Ben White is a bigger issue.

This club is not afraid to loan someone out and pay all their wages until their contract expires, Lacazette is not the issue here trust me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Without quality and experience taken into account we currently have 5 on the books as it stands.

Every team wants a worldie striker but there are so many positions on the pitch where we are poor and would be cheaper to fix. Just reeks of Pepe to me honestly.
I'm sure Eddie will go and Balogun will probably get a loan. Laca barely played in the last few games of last season so I don't know what could have changed that would make him a factor this time around.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

and again, I disagree - I think stumping up the cash after Ben White is a bigger issue.

This club is not afraid to loan someone out and pay all their wages until their contract expires, Lacazette is not the issue here trust me.

Can't loan someone out if there are no suitors and I feel like there isn't because let's be honest, Lacazette won't cost a lot transfer-wise. Also, we wouldn't enquire if we didn't have the funds unless they're looking for a value way higher then we see him at.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dealing with Marotta is bit difficult he'll try to get the maximum he could and they sound really desperate for cash look like 60M for Hakimi wasn't enough and need to sell another star for 50-60M not to mention they need to find good replacement and all that to make 80M net at end transfer window what a messy situation they in. they can get 120M on both players but only end up spending 40-50M from it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Can't loan someone out if there are no suitors and I feel like there isn't because let's be honest, Lacazette won't cost a lot transfer-wise. Also, we wouldn't enquire if we didn't have the funds unless they're looking for a value way higher then we see him at.
Think it's a bit silly to think there wouldn't be suitors for Lacazette or any of our attackers on an Özil type loan where we literally pay them to play elsewhere.

We've managed to loan out many players nobody wanted to buy (Torrerira, Kolasinac), so this is cap.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm sure Eddie will go and Balogun will probably get a loan. Laca barely played in the last few games of last season so I don't know what could have changed that would make him a factor this time around.
Auba would offer nothing for 90mins for the team except the finishing touch. Has to get rid of but no teams would want him. If we don’t want his negative impact on the pitch and we can’t sell, he better sits on the bench until his contract ends.

Nketiah is another rubbish poacher we have to get rid.

Laca offers slightly more in the general play, but still not enough. Last to get rid in the packing order in terms of ability. But considering his age, he would worth nothing soon, so in a financial perspective, he should be the first to get rid to avoid a further drop in value.

That we are left with Martinelli, Balogun. We just need to get Martinez and Gouiri, and we will have four good strikers.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Dealing with Marotta is bit difficult he'll try to get the maximum he could and they sound really desperate for cash look like 60M for Hakimi wasn't enough and need to sell another star for 50-60M not to mention they need to find good replacement and all that to make 80M net at end transfer window what a messy situation they in. they can get 120M on both players but only end up spending 40-50M from it.
60m gets this done imo the fee isnt the problem.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Auba-Lautaro-Pepe would be a pretty good front three but something I doubt we'd see too much under Arteta, also means Saka misses out and he's one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's frustrating because whilst Ben and Lautaro are clearly better than we currently have, in the grand scheme the pair of them solve f*ck all.

It will be sobering for many midway through the season when the same old glaring holes are staring us in the face, yet we've spent well over 100m elsewhere. Again. There's no Raul to blame this time as well.

Impressed by the player himself, grossly unimpressed by the strategy (or lack there of) so far.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Auba would offer nothing for 90mins for the team except the finishing touch. Has to get rid of but no teams would want him. If we don’t want his negative impact on the pitch and we can’t sell, he better sits on the bench until his contract ends.
premier league football GIF by Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom