• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

If thus actually happens, I will definitely be getting his name on my shirt. But I would be surprised if we actually did the deal. Perfect age range for what we want, but just seems like something we wouldn't do these days. Hoping Edu balls out and proves me wrong..

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
So we might be signing this guy and Auba should have passed to Monreal instead of scoring a long range goal 3 years ago, to sum up the thread.
We should have another player occupying that area instead of monreal. I agree. Does not change the fact that auba is not in a sustainable scoring area and still being marked when he shoots. It will be a miss or a block on another day.

Your thought on the below?
What is the xG scoring from there? Is that sustainable? And how many attempts does it take to score one of that, especially when he is still being marked, having a defender in front of him when he is shooting?

Auba has a free unmarked teammate on his left, running into a dangerous area, with no defender anywhere near. If auba has one brain cell, he would have make a through pass to the left.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The player on his left is in a better position with higher xG and he is unmarked. If he can’t score from there he can square it back.
I happen to agree that Auba is a hindrance to us but he's not a player who takes stupid shots from range and if players played as robotically as you suggest they wouldn't score. Top level footballers have a better feel for whether they can find the decisive action in a specific situation than a computer does. People forget that humans are extremely sophisticated pattern recognition computers in and of them selves.

The angle to beat the keeper is there, he's on his right foot in a position he likes, he should shoot.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

On Lautaro, he’d be an upgrade on our current options but I feel the striker we need more is a Lukaku type of one.

Not many strikers on the same level as Lukaku around Europe tho.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On Lautaro, he’d be an upgrade on our current options but I feel the striker we need more is a Lukaku type of one.

Not many strikers on the same level as Lukaku around Europe tho.

The ball bounces off him which is the problem. He's another play me in kinda striker. He's a bully. But he wouldn't fit well here imo. His touch is what made him useless at United.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I want the dislike button to remove a point from a poster's reaction score, every time you use it on someone...this place would be a bloodbath then :lol:

:lol:

Does anyone even check the reaction score? Mediocre as usual lmao.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The ball bounces off him which is the problem. He's another play me in kinda striker. He's a bully. But he wouldn't fit well here imo. His touch is what made him useless at United.

How many players do well at Utd? Lukaku has proven it at Everton, West Brom and his first season at Utd.

20+ goal a season striker.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How many players do well at Utd? Lukaku has proven it at Everton, West Brom and his first season at Utd.

20+ goal a season striker.

Yes he's a fantastic goalscorer nobody will deny that. But his touch is quite bad, you'd have a similar situation to Auba in this team. We need a striker who can bring people into play.

This is the same reason why Daka would've been meh here and wouldn't hit his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom