• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Legend14

Established Member
You seem to be in the know. Can you link me to this transfer strategy? All the Club’s done so far is replace 3 players we already had and forgotten about.
The strategy is apparent. Seems they are executing at the moment - just slowly, as usual,

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The strategy is apparent. Seems they are executing at the moment - just slowly, as usual,
What's apparent is it's hugely expensive on fees and salaries for questionable players in positions we don't need, so far.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Still struggling to understand the new wage structure under Arteta.

Why is Cedric on £75K/w (back up) Runarsson on £40K/w (back up), Saka recently put on £30K/w (star player). Is it based on age rather than performance?

And why are backups sometimes on more than 1st team players? Holding on £25K/w has played a lot matches, but Mari who's played very few was given £85K/w?

Why have we given our highest contracts to our oldest 32+ players Auba £250-£350K/w, Willian £200K/w. These players will be immovable like Özil.

All very confusing. Poor players are getting large salaries, we seem to be learning nothing.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Not an Arteta fan, but a realist. Arteta set the bar so low with last season’s results, it will be a challenge for him to not do better. Plus, outside of 2 teams, who is really that much better than Arsenal?

Surprisingly, the transfer strategy is correct, even if the execution is poor:

Get a real CB, so the CMs don’t have to provide so much cover and can instead get near the attack.

That's wrong headed, imo. It's the other way around. Unless your midfield is tight and control the ball, you will always leak goals no matter how good your CBs. Our midfield has a huge ? on it.

Get a a backup for Tierney for when he is injured.

When you RB is almost guaranteed injury for a 1/3 rd of the season, your backup better be at comparable level. Is that Tavares? I would argue not, but maybe I'm wrong.

Get a forward who can finish a cross.

We have Auba, Laca, Martinelli and Balogun. Are we collecting them?

Give “ The Smith” the number 10 and find a suitable replacement for when he is exhausted from being overplayed.

That's great, but we've seen last year that Arteta will tend to play both ESR and Ode at the same time which never worked. If we should get a 10 this window I'm he wither plays both at the same time, again, or he benches ESR.

Find someone with more forward intent than Xhaka.

Should have happened 2 years ago, still does not look to be happening, but we will see.

Meanwhile, we have a glaring mediocrity hole in our RB position that no one in the media rumour mill has mentioned this TW. Are we OK with Cedric and Chambers at RB? Are we supposed to be building this great moving machine but leaving the right wheel flat?

All of this whilst overpaying for purchases & not being able to sell any of ours for a reasonable price. That's our transfer window.

Arteta set the bar so low with last season’s results, it will be a challenge for him to not do better.

I have faith in him to do it. :lol:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Why is Cedric on £75K/w (back up) Runarsson on £40K/w (back up), Saka recently put on £30K/w (star player). Is it based on age rather than performance?

And why are backups sometimes on more than 1st team players? Holding on £25K/w has played a lot matches, but Mari who's played very few was given £85K/w?

Why have we given our highest contracts to our oldest 32+ players Auba £250-£350K/w, Willian £200K/w. These players will be immovable like Özil.

All very confusing. Poor players are getting large salaries, we seem to be learning nothing.

Wage’s structure is Edu’s responsibility not the manager.

IstraBalagina

To make it clear, I don't think any player deserves 350k a week but Özil deserved to see out his contract, he should've played last season.
Özil and Aubameyang earned their salaries, Willian, Cedric, Runnarsson etc didn't

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wage’s structure is Edu’s responsibility not the manager.
Quizzed on whether he will have the final say on any deals this summer Arteta added: "Yes, absolutely."

I think they work together on packages offered to players but I'm sure Arteta has the final say, as he told us.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Quizzed on whether he will have the final say on any deals this summer Arteta added: "Yes, absolutely."

I think they work together on packages offered to players but I'm sure Arteta has the final say, as he told us.

If he wants to keep the players then he will say yes, Edu has the power to tell him no to maintain the wage structure reasonably. It’s not manager’s job to decide what the wage structure is. It’s Edu!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pretty sure even Arsène wasn't involved in wages in deals...think he asked for the player, then the likes of Dein would do the deal.

So wages might actually be one thing that you can't pin on Arteta.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Funny how people remember now that the manager doesn't decide the salary. Nobody remembered that when Arsène was here.

I don't think Arteta particularly cares what these players earn. I am sure he was told how much Auba would be on and he said do it anyways. Ditto Willian.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Funny how people remember now that the manager doesn't decide the salary. Nobody remembered that when Arsène was here.

I don't think Arteta particularly cares what these players earn. I am sure he was told how much Auba would be on and he said do it anyways. Ditto Willian.
Yeah. Till now, guys like HairSpray still blame Wenger for Mustafi's signing but is still trying to make excuse for Arteta's signing of Willian.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure even Arsène wasn't involved in wages in deals...think he asked for the player, then the likes of Dein would do the deal.

Oh my days! What’s the next revelation, he didn’t actually tell the players to go out and do what they want?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

When he was sitting down with Willian to tell him he’d win the Champions League in 3 years, pretty sure he enjoyed playing the £200K/W card as well.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If he wants to keep the players then he will say yes, Edu has the power to tell him no to maintain the wage structure reasonably. It’s not manager’s job to decide what the wage structure is. It’s Edu!
If there was an actual ‘wage structure’ I’d be inclined to believe you. See post #42,343 above.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
If there was an actual ‘wage structure’ I’d be inclined to believe you. See post #42,343 above.

So Edu knows that there is no wage structure but he is still allowing it instead of sorting it out. Isn’t that Edu’s responsibility to sort out the wage structure not Arteta?

Last edited:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Gotta catch em all!

1627825258789.png

Hmm but surely when Arteta was promoted to manager and him and Edu were essentially steering the ship on the football side in the absence of Raul he then became involved almost by default.

I'm not saying he's necessarily the foremost voice when it comes to wages but surely he must have large input along with Edu when it comes to all footballing decisions?

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
What's apparent is it's hugely expensive on fees and salaries for questionable players in positions we don't need, so far.
Hmm. How did Holding look against Chelsea? Hopefully Ben White will allow us to go forward, regardless of the valuation.

We are not finished recruiting players. Obviously, given the critical importance of Partey, we need someone like Bissouma to complement him. Elneny and Xhaka cannot be in our starting lineup if we want success.

Also, we need a CF.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Hmm. How did Holding look against Chelsea? Hopefully Ben White will allow us to go forward, regardless of the valuation.

We are not finished recruiting players. Obviously, given the critical importance of Partey, we need someone like Bissouma to complement him. Elneny and Xhaka cannot be in our starting lineup if we want success.

Also, we need a CF.
Why Bissouma? Partey thinks he's good at attacking but he's embarrassing to watch in the opposition's third.

And he's a ****ing sicknote. Our luck is disgraceful.

Legend14

Established Member
That's wrong headed, imo. It's the other way around. Unless your midfield is tight and control the ball, you will always leak goals no matter how good your CBs. Our midfield has a huge ? on it.

When you RB is almost guaranteed injury for a 1/3 rd of the season, your backup better be at comparable level. Is that Tavares? I would argue not, but maybe I'm wrong.

That's great, but we've seen last year that Arteta will tend to play both ESR and Ode at the same time which never worked. If we should get a 10 this window I'm he wither plays both at the same time, again, or he benches ESR.

Should have happened 2 years ago, still does not look to be happening, but we will see.

Meanwhile, we have a glaring mediocrity hole in our RB position that no one in the media rumour mill has mentioned this TW. Are we OK with Cedric and Chambers at RB? Are we supposed to be building this great moving machine but leaving the right wheel flat?

All of this whilst overpaying for purchases & not being able to sell any of ours for a reasonable price. That's our transfer window.

I have faith in him to do it. :lol:
Not sure what is incorrect with what I’ve said here. The Rob Holding impact is obvious. If he plays, we are vulnerable and therefore he must be protected. This affects our tactics.

I already said we need a CM to play alongside Partey; I can’t yell Bissouma loud enough. No brainer.

We need a CF. Balogon sure. I like him. But are we counting in him to lead us? Is he known for his aerial prowess? Martinelli is a wide player. Auba is a step slower now and less aggressive.

I’ll stick with what I’ve said.

Legend14

Established Member
Why Bissouma? Partey thinks he's good at attacking but he's embarrassing to watch in the opposition's third.

And he's a ****ing sicknote. Our luck is disgraceful.
Holy crap. Partey is our best player and is doing what he is supposed to do. There are 4 other attacking players.

You just answered why Bissouma in your last comment.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom