• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Game Over

We won that Fa Cup off Ljunberg's tactics, once Arteta implemented his we saw what happened.

I genuinely think we wouldn't be in any worse a place if he'd have been kept on.

In fact, the likes of Nelson, ESR, Martinelli would have had more gametime under their belts. Freddie had faith in the young players that Arteta has rarely shown. Arteta only brought those guys in around November when his job was hanging by a thread - Martenelli, ESR and Saka saved his bacon.

Impossible to say how well Freddie may or may not have done, but Arteta sets a fairly low bar.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I genuinely think we wouldn't be in any worse a place if he'd have been kept on.

In fact, the likes of Nelson, ESR, Martinelli would have had more gametime under their belts. Freddie had faith in the young players that Arteta has rarely shown. Arteta only brought those guys in around November when his job was hanging by a thread - Martenelli, ESR and Saka saved his bacon.

Impossible to say how well Freddie may or may not have done, but Arteta sets a fairly low bar.
From when Arteta was linked with the job I was against it, everyone on this forum was all giddy and happy about it. I couldn't understand why people would want a manager with 0 experience, it was like the most hipster move you could make. People just bought into all the PR as usual.

mirrorstare

Freddie did nothing lmao, didn't even have the staff to implement a thing

Most of it was just the team recovering the confidence in themselves after Emery's confusion and fans getting tired of both Emery and the team. The first matches by Arteta were pretty much the team remembering the basics of football.

Game Over

From when Arteta was linked with the job I was against it, everyone on this forum was all giddy and happy about it. I couldn't understand why people would want a manager with 0 experience, it was like the most hipster move you could make. People just bought into all the PR as usual.

I'll be honest, although I had fairly large reservations regarding his zero managerial experience, I thought surely someone making these decisions in the club saw something in him to give us hope. That there must be some genuine potential there for the club to take such a risk.

After the FA Cup win, I was all in on giving him a chance. But that horrific, horrific run up to Xmas killed any optimism I had. He had us in a relegation form for **** sake. He's lucky there were no fans in the stadium or he'd be long gone.

Ridiculous decisions on and off the pitch, dreadful football and galaxy brain tactics have made me grow to despise him.

Can't wait to see the back of him now. Just hope he can't inflict too much damage before the Kroenke's finally give him the chop.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Don't get the meltdowns really. Xhaka is fine. Main issues are right back, striker and AM.

1627848689145.png

giphy.gif

RacingPhoton

Established Member
To be honest, I was ok with the move because our club really needed fresh minds and I fell for the news articles that were praising his impact on city players. In hindsight, it looks a bad move even though it was acceptable at that time.
For me, the stupidest move was hiring Edu. Unlike Arteta's role, Edu's role needed a lot of experience. Instead we hired an amateur with no clue about how to deal with the market. We needed someone like Raul but without the dodgy part. That's where the club ****ed up big time. It's reached a stage where it's funny to see the club tries to sell a player, fails badly and they start bigging up the same player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Uber Eats, has to be the worst ****ing sponsor.

Top Bottom