• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mate, let's all laugh at Tottenham!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Levy need to sell and use 100M to improve the squad they can't do worse than 100M when they sold Bale 😅

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Reminds me a lot of the Fabregas situation when he left us. Kane kicking up a fuss will give him the leverage he needs … City basically forcing Sp**s to accept a lower fee or have an unhappy player on their books.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who’s actually done this before? Pretty mad thing to do imo.

Only one I can think of is Suarez when he wanted to come to us and considering he was a racist and biter at the time, it didn’t really hurt his reputation :lol:

Kane is trading off that “nice guy England captain” bollocks for this. If most players did this the press would be on them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who’s actually done this before? Pretty mad thing to do imo.

Only one I can think of is Suarez when he wanted to come to us and considering he was a racist and biter at the time, it didn’t really hurt his reputation :lol:

Kane is trading off that “nice guy England captain” bollocks for this. If most players did this the press would be on them.
Was trying to think but I can't recall without fact checking.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Just remembered another one. Cesc.

I typed his name then I edited it because I was unsure :lol:

My memory foggy with age. Pretty sure he went on strike but didn't want to put his name out there like that if it wasn't true.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just remembered another one. Cesc.

Yeah he was unforgiveable imo. What Wenger did for him and the way he behaved to force that move was pretty despicable. One of the few I can never really forgive. I can maybe understand but even Van Persie and Nasri never stooped to those levels.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah he was unforgiveable imo. What Wenger did for him and the way he behaved to force that move was pretty despicable. One of the few I can never really forgive. I can maybe understand but even Van Persie and Nasri never stooped to those levels.

I back Nasri. Man was on Twitter saying what he wanted in broken English back then. Robin was upfront too.

Cesc went to a Grand Prix and faked an injury. This is the man who still tries to act like an Arsenal legend and our fanbase happily gets on their knee for him.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Sterling did it at Liverpool in 2015 but his excuse was that he had the runs:

He got quite a bit of stick as well, for the entire saga really.

His agent didn't help.

I read one indepth article on from the Athletic on players angling for an exit and they actually predicted he would do this. They noted they don't outright put in transfer requests anymore as it is "embarrassing", but do things such as this instead.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I read one indepth article on from the Athletic on players angling for an exit and they actually predicted he would do this. They noted they don't outright put in transfer requests anymore as it is "embarrassing", but do things such as this instead.

Failing to report for training, or refusing to play in matches, is a fairly standard approach for a footballer to take when trying to engineer a way out of a club. Others will turn up for work but invent injuries — back trouble, which is difficult to pick up on a scan, is a favourite.

Some will be a much bigger pain in the backside. One agent tells a story about a Tottenham Hotspur player going out to training and kicking balls everywhere. Then there is the midfielder who gave his club’s technical director a mouthful of abuse that, realistically, few people would get away with in any other industry.

Whatever the exit strategy, agents will be constantly in their client’s ear encouraging them to be difficult, and so will the club that is trying to sign the player.

:lol:

I got it from here, the Athletic actually did a deep dive on "how Harry Kane can escape" (actual quotes).

• Funny
Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom