• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Supposedly we had an initial budget of £150M this summer. We obviously thought Xhaka, Bellerin, Torreira, Kolasinac, Eddie, AMN and probably even Willock would've been gone by now not only giving squad space but also adding even more for the "squad overhaul".

£50M - White
£15M - Lokonga
£8M - Tavares

Pretty much £70M on those 3, so around £80M left after loan fees and such for the players that have already gone.

We are probably in a conundrum with what to do. We want a backup GK, we want a RB, we want a AM and we want a striker. We won't be able to do all of it unless we actually sell players. My route would be Onana at £6M, Martinez at £60M and then a right back can come for £10-20M after we hopefully sell Laca and get rid of Bellerin.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I suspect they have a good idea yes.

Their real issue as far as I’m concerned, is that they do not have the ability to fix our problems.

I think they have the ability and they know who to target for the first team. There's a lot of other issues, mainly we have no offers for the guys we want to sell.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think they have the ability and they know who to target for the first team. There's a lot of other issues, mainly we have no offers for the guys we want to sell.

And when did they discover this do you think, during this window?

They obviously have been aware of our squad issues for a long time, as seen by our actions this past January. I say they don’t have what it takes because they still haven’t got it right.

I could be wrong and they may figure something out before the end of this window, but my guy tells me they won’t.

dave_rwr

Established Member
* We have no offers for the guys we want to sell at the price we want to sell them at and at the wages we stupidly gave them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
* We have no offers for the guys we want to sell at the price we want to sell them at and at the wages we stupidly gave them.

Edu and Arteta didn't dish out the wages for the players we've struggled to sell and are struggling to sell.

And when did they discover this do you think, during this window?

They obviously have been aware of our squad issues for a long time, as seen by our actions this past January. I say they don’t have what it takes because they still haven’t got it right.

I could be wrong and they may figure something out before the end of this window, but my guy tells me they won’t.

Well let's not forget they've been clearing out this squad for a year now. A lot of deadwood has already left.

They target players for big money that actually improve us and are the guys we should be going for. Whilst ambitious they know what we need to move forward it's just very very difficult to do it all.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Edu and Arteta didn't dish out the wages for the players we've struggled to sell and are struggling to sell.

I didn't say they did. But I've seen a lot of people only blaming the market for our transfers this summer, but it's important to remember that a big part of why we're struggling to move on players is down to our misguided policy of putting players on bloated wages (often to try and attract talent to a team in decline) for many seasons now.

And with that said, let's not pretend that bringing in players like Willian on his wages has not been an extension of an already misguided system. It definitely hasn't been down to just Edu and Arteta and this started long before them, but they haven't exactly broken the wheel either.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I didn't say they did. But I've seen a lot of people only blaming the market for our transfers this summer, but it's important to remember that a big part of why we're struggling to move on players is down to our misguided policy of putting players on bloated wages (often to try and attract talent to a team in decline) for many seasons now.

And with that said, let's not pretend that bringing in players like Willian on his wages has not been an extension of an already misguided system. It definitely hasn't been down to just Edu and Arteta and this started long before them, but they haven't exactly broken the wheel either.

Mmm they have however learnt from their very early mistakes very fast. The squads going down a younger route which is very appealing to me.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are we looking at another keeper? We have Leno and we‘ve bought Runarsson as back up whose on 10K a week more than Saka. And then there’s Okonkwo as a third man?

Supposedly we had an initial budget of £150M this summer. We obviously thought Xhaka, Bellerin, Torreira, Kolasinac, Eddie, AMN and probably even Willock would've been gone by now not only giving squad space but also adding even more for the "squad overhaul".

£50M - White
£15M - Lokonga
£8M - Tavares

Pretty much £70M on those 3, so around £80M left after loan fees and such for the players that have already gone.

We are probably in a conundrum with what to do. We want a backup GK, we want a RB, we want a AM and we want a striker. We won't be able to do all of it unless we actually sell players. My route would be Onana at £6M, Martinez at £60M and then a right back can come for £10-20M after we hopefully sell Laca and get rid of Bellerin.
Just wondering who we could get at RB that would be a massive improvement on Chambers? Imo, such any acquisition for the position atm would be laughable, especially considering the holes we need to plug vs the resources we have. Imo, the priority areas are CM (Locatelli) and GK (Onana/ Donnaruma). Anything else should wait.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Just wondering who we could get at RB that would be a massive improvement on Chambers? Imo, such any acquisition for the position atm would be laughable, especially considering the holes we need to plug vs the resources we have. Imo, the priority areas are CM (Locatelli) and GK (Onana/ Donnaruma). Anything else should wait.

We really need some outs now before new signings (apart from maybe an AM).

Considering all of business we need to do, I don't see a new right back as very likely now even though it feels like it's an area we can upgrade on what we have. Don't know about a massive improvement on Chambers but ideally you add some pace as another option. Tyler Adams looks quite good; Emerson could be brilliant if we raid Barca or Max Aarons from Norwich possibly.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Runnarson is terrible. He couldn't save a word document.
Why did the management invest so much in him he’s on more than Saka and ESR. Are you saying we shouldn’t trust the process and Edetas are incompetent?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why did the management invest so much in him he’s on more than Saka and ESR. Are you saying we shouldn’t trust the process and Edetas are incompetent?
He's a Chu Young Park level signing; falls into the bracket of "cheap but terrible". You have to look at Willian for the "expensive but terrible" bracket of signing (see also, Gervinho; Chamakh...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom