• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I can't even put into words as to how much I want that squad place stealing annoying **** that is Elneny gone.

Don't give a **** about his vibes, he's blocking young talent for ages whilst doing nothing on the pitch. Get out of my club.

blrgooner

Established Member
Is he more talented? To me, Willock looked really talented last year. Blown away by how good he looked.

Not just to fit Joe but we finished 8th last year. It’s not like we’ve got a system we can really bank on right now.

A midfield two with Lokonga - Xhaka will have real troubles this year in front of a back line that’s pretty dodgy.

You need either a third midfielder or a third CB and in that case Willock would ideally fit the team.
Fair enough. I just don`t think we have a team to play 3 4 3 though. I think that would weaken an attack which is already not working well in reality though they look nice on paper.I want us to play better and more attacking football than we did last year. I know it would mean we would be worse defensively but that`s a tradeoff I would accept.
I do agree a midfield two of Lokonga-Xhaka is not an answer either though Lokonga looks really good.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We just don't need to repeat the AMN mistake don't keep player you not going to use we lost 20M on AMN because Arteta and us fans wanted him to stay we lost 20M and now we struggling to sell . Willock if he stay he has to start if not then he need to leave this is so simple he can't be 3rd-4th choice his game time will be very limited and the max games will play is 10 games and fa cup games.
I agree with this.

I like Willock but we all know he's not gonna start here, if we don't cash in whilst his value is at an all time high we will probably regret it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough. I just don`t think we have a team to play 3 4 3 though. I think that would weaken an attack which is already not working well in reality though they look nice on paper.I want us to play better and more attacking football than we did last year. I know it would mean we would be worse defensively but that`s a tradeoff I would accept.
I do agree a midfield two of Lokonga-Xhaka is not an answer either though Lokonga looks really good.

Really I think until we sign a 10 it should be 4-3-3 with Willock as the third midfielder.

If we sign Lautaro then that doesn’t really change anything for me either except you maybe play Auba on the left and Saka on the right.

ESR and Pepe would be your options off the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I agree with this.

I like Willock but we all know he's not gonna start here, if we don't cash in whilst his value is at an all time high we will probably regret it.
it's up to him at the end if we can't get 20-25M he'll end up staying but i don't think he'll start with Arteta he'll be lucky to get 15 Minutes a game or even be on bench and Arteta yesterday comments it's clear Willock not in his plans even tho Arteta is massive lair.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bittersweet.

I want him to stay so this news pleases me - but he needs to play. I'd be starting him more than benching him - and yes, I would play him in a pivot. In any event, we should be using a 3 man midfield anyway.

It would annoy me if we kept him only to not play him just like we did with AMN.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
just out of curiosity i just watched Joe Willocks 8 goals for Newcastle as hadn't paid much attention to it

Should we play him as our second Striker :)
I know this is tongue in cheek but he won't work as a second striker. He doesn't have the creativity to work at number 10 either, but play him deeper and you can use his strength which is late runs into the box.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Potentially another AMN situation. Can't see him playing much for us and that's just going to tank his value with his contract running down too. If they have a plan for him I'd be happy to see him stay and show what he can do, but I really don't think so.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Potentially another AMN situation. Can't see him playing much for us and that's just going to tank his value with his contract running down too. If they have a plan for him I'd be happy to see him stay and show what he can do, but I really don't think so.

Atm I'm sure if we received what he's worth which is at least £20M then we'd sell.

Pyres7

Arteta would have sold him by now if a £25m bid came in. I don't think it will.

Problem is that if we keep him it's 100% going to be another AMN situation. Unless Arteta changes the formation and shape to accommodate him, I don't see where he fits in. At best he'll be a backup 10 for ESR, or some kind of supersub role, and end up leaving for peanuts in a couple of years.

I would be happy to sell him for £15m but ONLY if we include a buy-back and/or a sell-on clause, so we don't lose out if he kills it at Newcastle.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I can't even put into words as to how much I want that squad place stealing annoying **** that is Elneny gone.

Don't give a **** about his vibes, he's blocking young talent for ages whilst doing nothing on the pitch. Get out of my club.
Worst player of all time (Elneny) is blocking the pathway for hale end super talents.
Hmm 🤔

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Amn and Willock are about to turn 24 and 22 respectively this month, they are not kids anymore. If they can't outcompete an absolutely tragic player like Elneny then they're probably not that good.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Is that why 19 year old Saka starts over transfer record breaking 26 year old Nicolas Pepe? 🤔

Pepe was a starter for most of the second half of the season? Saka was also a mainstay in the team already prior to Arteta?

I know you don't like willock and that's fine, but don't act like Elneny is a better alternative when he's just not.

Willian had to get sick for ESR to finally get a chance to play. The manager likes seniority and there's nothing wrong with that on its own, it turns into an issue when we're playing someone like Elneny who shouldn't be at Arsenal in the first place.

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Pepe was a starter for most of the second half of the season? Saka was also a mainstay in the team already prior to Arteta?

I know you don't like willock and that's fine, but don't act like Elneny is a better alternative when he's just not.

Willian had to get sick for ESR to finally get a chance to play. The manager likes seniority and there's nothing wrong if that on its own, it turns into an issue when we're playing someone like Elneny who shouldn't be at Arsenal in the first place.
Lol so you're saying that Saka is not prefered over Pepe at RW now? Saka just broke into the team under Emery, that doesn't mean he was a mainstay. There's no reason why Arteta would not play Pepe ahead of Saka if experience mattered that much to him. It's not happenening though is it.

Elneny is most likely the better DM than Willock is at this moment. All evidence suggests he is.

Wasn't ESR just coming back from injury? He's not all that either I can see why Willian was given the chance ahead of him tbh

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Lol so you're saying that Saka is not prefered over Pepe at RW now? Saka just broke into the team under Emery, that doesn't mean he was a mainstay. There's no reason why Arteta would not play Pepe ahead of Saka if experience mattered that much to him. It's not happenening though is it.

Elneny is most likely the better DM than Willock is at this moment. All evidence suggests he is.

Wasn't ESR just coming back from injury? He's not all that either I can see why Willian was given the chance ahead of him tbh

But he's not playing Pepe ahead of Saka? They played together for most of the second part of the season. Pepe had a stint at LW and then Arteta moved him back to RW and Saka at LW.

This wasn't a one of and Pepe finished the season strongly. IIRC, they reverted to Pepe at RW because Saka was having a brief dip of form and was looking exhausted.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Elneny is a poor DM, think even Ceballos won the ball more often. All evidence my arse, you're just making things up. I'm not saying Willock is a DM, but Elneny plays there even if he does very little from what you would expect of DM's. Both of them are more suited as CM, it's just the thing that Elneny is an extremely poor one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom