• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think him staying longer and longer would've just prolonged this process we are going through now. None of us wanted Arsenal to drop to 8th of course. Which sucks, but we were always going to have to drop to come back up and try to win the big titles again.

I don't agree with the notion we needed to drop to 8th in order to progress later on. Isn't the point of replacing a manager that you improve on him and the side moves up the table? Have a plan for replacing years in advance, scout some of the best managers in the world and perhaps one of the best directors of football in the world and then back them both. If they don't push on immediately give them some time.

Instead the board bowed to crowd pressure and a lack of top 4 football and then had no contigency plan. Supposedly turning down master tactician Allegri and then hiring the very limited Emery. And then caving to the crowd again only to hire a rank novice who's learning on the job and appears to have poor man management ability.

The idea that this is some grand plan to push on for titles seems seperated from reality by a fair margin.

Anyway my first post taking us completely off topic

Why

Always Me ?
Some Italian rag is saying he rejected us. Wants Champions League and doesn't like England.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Some Italian rag is saying he rejected us. Wants Champions League and doesn't like England.
And now we will continue to ponder over him and contradict our policy by trying to bring someone in who doesn’t want to be here.

Why

Always Me ?
Old news. Ornstein confirmed that he'd be fine here.

I don't really rate Ornstein since Wenger left. Seems to have gone a bit clickbait since joining the Athletic, I feel like his source has dried up and he is getting more chinese whispers than anything else.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't really rate Ornstein since Wenger left. Seems to have gone a bit clickbait since joining the Athletic, I feel like his source has dried up and he is getting more chinese whispers than anything else.

You can't rate a rusty tier 3 Italian source over a tier 1 source for Arsenal because you disagree with one opinion.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think we’d be going for Lautaro if he wasn’t happy coming here.

Reckon this ones done lads.

Best striker signing in the PL. Up against old man Cavani, Timo and biscuit ankles Harry Kane for City. Title challenge on the cards if we get MØ and a RB in.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think we’d be going for Lautaro if he wasn’t happy coming here.

Reckon this ones done lads.

Best striker signing in the PL. Up against old man Cavani, Timo and biscuit ankles Harry Kane for City. Title challenge on the cards if we get MØ and a RB in.
I thought I was the mad optimist, but you're raising the stakes here!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Never really paid attention to Martinez, so I watched some comps instead. Looks like a loose mix of Alexis and Aguero. Not sure he'd fare all that well as a lone #9 but Gabriel Jesus does a good enough job for City as a foil up front and that appears to be what Mikel wants so maybe this has legs.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Obviously once we bin Mikel in October and Zidane or Conte take us on a mad run.
Think it's unfair to keep wanting Mikel gone. It's not his squad, and he's carrying so much deadwood around that we can't know yet how a squad built for him will look like. We have deadwood like Cedric and Willian in the squad for instance, no interest in Xhaka or Elneny and the likes so we have to extend them. Clearly a chaos built from previous leaders. Mikel has done really well to carry us as far as he has, but we can't expect him to bring us to the top without our unqestioned support and trust.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think it's unfair to keep wanting Mikel gone. It's not his squad, and he's carrying so much deadwood around that we can't know yet how a squad built for him will look like. We have deadwood like Cedric and Willian in the squad for instance, no interest in Xhaka or Elneny and the likes so we have to extend them. Clearly a chaos built from previous leaders. Mikel has done really well to carry us as far as he has, but we can't expect him to bring us to the top without our unqestioned support and trust.

1627929143028.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom