• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Been torn on this and it’s bitter sweet but have come to the conclusion that Willock needs to be moved on now Xhaka’s staying

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People complain about asking price i mean nobody is paying 20m for any good player i think teams will struggle to pay 15m for Willock if we asked too. Things look dreadful even for lower PL teams

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It says Newcastle will pay that for him but Willock isn’t sure about moving and might only want to go on loan instead.
Loan won't be useful for us he got only 2 years left we'll need to extend him but if he had s**t loan we'll struggle to sell. It does look it going to be loan this is where market is heading

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Loan won't be useful for us he got only 2 years left we'll need to extend him but if he had s**t loan we'll struggle to sell. It does look it going to be loan this is where market is heading

No the article says Newcastle will pay £22m for him, so it doesn’t have to be a loan. If it’s a loan it’s because Willock doesn’t want to leave.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
No the article says Newcastle will pay £22m for him, so it doesn’t have to be a loan. If it’s a loan it’s because Willock doesn’t want to leave.
I find it interesting why they suddenly looking to pay that and not early in summer things were looking dreadful for them.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hmm, does Willock still really want to succeed at Arsenal? Like yousif said, he has 2 years in contract, so then he should get an extension and stay or another loan.

Loan without extension is not an option at all obviously.

Willock has been at the club since 4,5 years old so I could see him really wanting to succeed here.

Last edited:

GLITCH

Amn and Willock are about to turn 24 and 22 respectively this month, they are not kids anymore. If they can't outcompete an absolutely tragic player like Elneny then they're probably not that good.
I think if Willock was given the minutes and chances Elneny gets, he'd offer more to the team. Elneny has no upside whatsoever.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Need to sell if they bid that. We fail too many times in shifting players at the right time. Only reason you'd keep him is if he's meant to have a big role, but it's pretty clear he's not in our plans.

Newcastle getting a steal though if they pull it off, I can see him being worth double that in a few seasons.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This is starting look so similar to AMN of last season nobody willing to pay the price we set on these guys if Newcastle willing to pay 25-22M then i would be surprised because thier journalist yesterday said there nothing close or progress in any deal and added they heading to trouble. As i said before our rebuild is coming in such difficult and dire times if this rebuild in 2019 most of the players we want to sell would have been gone by now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Only way this makes sense for Arsenal is with a buyback clause. Otherwise £22m is cheap as chips.

If he genuinely wants to stay here then extend his deal and loan him to Newcastle for the year.
If they have no money, then a buy-back clause should be on the cards, especially as Willock has been at the club since 4,5 years old. He might want that option too.

A big sell-on clause is another option, and something like that should be there in any case.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He played double pivot for Newcastle but in a back 5. I don't think he has the skill set to play double pivot in a back 4. It's a 433 or bust for Willock.

I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but could see this formation working against Brentford if Partey is out...

-------- ----- ------ ----Leno ------ ----- ---------
Chambo - White - Holding -Tierney-Saka
------------------- Willock - Xhaka
--------------- Pepe ---- Auba ---- ESR

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know I'm going to get hammered for this, but could see this formation working against Brentford if Partey is out...

Not a fan of moving to a back 5 against Brentford, but I do like the look of that midfield. Xhaka-Ramsey was one of the best midfield duo's we've had in years, and it came in a 343, under both Wenger and Emery. I don't think Willock has the class of Ramsey, but he is in a similar mode. It's definitely an option in the games against Chelsea and City.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

5 defenders against a promoted team who plays with lone striker. 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 that you used here is essentially a mega formation a serious team never use long term. Personally not fan as it’s basically handing initiative to opposition

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
5 defenders against a promoted team who plays with lone striker. 5-3-2 or 5-2-3 that you used here is essentially a mega formation a serious team never use long term. Personally not fan as it’s basically handing initiative to opposition
I would see it more as an attacking 3-4-3 to be honest, I probably should have drawn it like that with Saka and Chambers acting more as wingers than full backs. Take your point though and I'm sure a lot of others would hate it for exactly that reason.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I would see it more as an attacking 3-4-3 to be honest, I probably should have drawn it like that with Saka and Chambers acting more as wingers than full backs. Take your point though and I'm sure a lot of others would hate it for exactly that reason.
it can work if you have really natural attacking wing backs. But chambers is not good going forward even for a right back

Wiggins

No comparison in terms of talent. Gnabry was a young player who had it all to be a top wide forward. Joe Willock is a central midfielder who struggles to do a lot of central midfielder things.
Not trying to compare the players, merely the situation. I.e. if we let Willock go, we'll likely regret it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would take that, tbh...we need to start selling some players while we can.

If Partey isn't out long, then there is no point in keeping Joe...he's definitely behind Thomas, Xhaka and Elneny in the pecking order, and I reckon Mikel would play Lokonga over him at CM too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom