• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's finished. But he can still build his career though. Serie A would suit him perfectly tbh. Guys like Ashley young went there and won the league.
That may be true, but it would be some experience for Inter fans going from Hakimi to Bellerin :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's such a shame that the injuries ruined him, don't want to dislike him...off the pitch, he seems a good guy...but he's just so bad now, wish he still had his pace and he was still good.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's such a shame that the injuries ruined him, don't want to dislike him...off the pitch, he seems a good guy...but he's just so bad now, wish he still had his pace and he was still good.
Its not just that he’s bad, he’s bad and he doesn’t know it. Man acts like he’s prime Zambrotta still while he plays like prime Zappacosta.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Bellerin still one of the fastest in the squad iirc.

Bukayo Saka is the most effective high speed runner in Mikel Arteta's Arsenal first team, according to data from club partner STAT Sports.

Saka leads the Arsenal squad in a weekly leaderboard of high-speed running - calculated total distance covered at a speed of 5.5 metres per second or above - with Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin also in the top eight of a public leaderboard from STAT.

And to take a page out of Football Manager's book, he's a compilation of him ghosting players from last season.

Our friend Ødegaard weighed in on the subject too, indicating that Bellerin is no slouch:

Ødegaard was then asked if he felt he was at the same level with his sprint speed, but offered a quick response.

“Not really, not really," he said when asked if he felt he was as quick as either Aubameyang or Bellerin.

"I don’t think I stand a chance, but some of the other players maybe, Kieran Tierney said he might beat him, but I don’t know, we’ll have to see.”

Arsenal have been tipped to try and sign Ødegaard on a permanent deal in the summer, though Madrid are reluctant to sell.

In Heccy's documentary it also showed that him and Tierney were pretty close in speed, and Tierney is rapid. I think he's lost his ability to change direction fluidly, but in a straight line I am pretty sure he is top 5 at the club.

Bellerin is just a shocking footballer and a move will probably do him good. I dunno why @Riou calls all of our fast players slow.

Riou

Being serious for a minute.

I am putting Bellerin looking fast in that video, down to him coincidentally always running at very slow opponents...he's a master of illusion, is our Hector!

mirrorstare

Situation is pretty much the same one we have with Xhaka, only difference is that for Bellerin there is some strange delusion that alternatives like Chambers or Cedric are any better while there's universal agreement about the quality of Elneny and how Lokonga/Willock might not be an answer yet.

Who cares about better technique if you still can't reliable outperform the guy that no longer dresses like a footballer anyway

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Tavares preferred as RB then he need to hurry up and leave take pay cut or something ffs just get your move sorted man

mirrorstare

Arteta not subbing in our starting RB and trying to do a power play with Tavares when everything he planned for the game failed against a nervous recently promoted side was embarrassing. This was just 20 or so minutes after his pathetic act of charity of allowing Nelson underserved gametime.

No wonder Bellerin wants to leave this circus.

Riou

Might have been too harsh on Bellerin recently.

He's still an average player these days, but is more useful than I was making out.

He was never great defensively, but had the Walcott-esque pace that allowed him to recover when caught out...he doesn't have that anymore, so I don't trust him as a right back.

Think he could still be a good wingback though, as that would take the pressure away from him as a defender, like Alonso at Chelsea.

Sadly Arteta seems to have completely given up on a back three, which is a shame.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
His agent should try to push for a loan move + option to Dortmund.

Morey is out for the whole season, Meunier wasn't great last season, injured at the moment and is getting slowly into the team again.
Passlack isn't good enough anyway.

He would play for a CL team, he would fit into the Bundesliga and they could pay around 15m next season.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His agent should try to push for a loan move + option to Dortmund.

Morey is out for the whole season, Meunier wasn't great last season, injured at the moment and is getting slowly into the team again.
Passlack isn't good enough anyway.

He would play for a CL team, he would fit into the Bundesliga and they could pay around 15m next season.
I doubt Dortmund would pay him what we are. We are stuck with him

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I doubt Dortmund would pay him what we are. We are stuck with him

He already said he would accept less and probably Arsenal would pay the difference if he goes on loan.

Makes no sense to keep him here for one year, he won't play and loses his value even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom