• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
My mate only really has contact with other members of the recruitment team, so he wouldn't really know.

But putting my Leicester hat on, Rodger's reluctance to leave him out last season, when clearly unfit, suggests there's nothing wrong with the relationship at all. I think actually, this kind of answers both questions. For me, Maddison's 'Injury problems', aren't really a 'problem' at all.
He was rushed back last year, to help with the FA Cup/Top 4 push, even though he clearly wasn't ready, every time you watched him play. It's part of the reason Dennis Praet's problem with a lack of game time is pretty valid, Maddison was not deserving of a place in the starting 11 ahead of him at the back end of last season, after Maddison's return from injury. Unfortunately for Praet, he picked up a pretty long term injury last season too in the cup at Stoke.

The 'willingness' to sell, from both Rodgers and the club, has nothing to do with any worry about injury issues, it's just that the club believe that as with Maguire/Chilwell, they can reinvest the fee and improve both the starting 11 and the squad as a whole.

Berardi is the key to the transfer, then a replacement for Maddison, the club's first choice for that is Pereira. He's not like for like, but the club also likes the fact he can play as a 8, 10 or right winger.
Callum Mcgregor from Celtic is also a possibility, so don't be surprised if that rumour circulates, but that's a target if they are able to get rid of both Choudhury and Mendy, nothing to do with a Maddison deal.

Thanks for the insight. If true does that mean we should be the ones going for Pereira?

Mane and Sterling who both had their worst seasons of their career incidentally.

Every time they played the talk was about how bad they were and they still outperformed Mads.

You're comparing wide forwards to a CAM who plays deeper though

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Son as well was absolutely on fire last year.

Wasted the best seasons of their careers :lol:

Even if you look at some of the best performing players of the Emirates era...Fab (07/08) Van Persie (11/12) Sanchez (14/15) etc...they all at least got Champions League football for their efforts...only time I can remember us having a poor season, while 1 of our players put up big numbers, was Auba in 2019/2020...but at least Pierre could celebrate an FA Cup win.

Imagine putting up Thierry Henry level stats, and all you get is qualification for a European tournament, that none of your fans wanted to be in 🙃

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Maddison wouldn't look twice at Arsenal, unless he knew Granit would be there as a teammate!

Maddison going to join Laca and Auba in their celebrations.

tenor.gif

:drool:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Think this would be a waste of money, tbh.

Would rather we waste it on Madders than Bumsdale.

Pay Leicester whatever they want as long as we don’t end up with that dud.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think this would be a waste of money, tbh.
Anything above 60m is over paying for Maddison. He very good player tho we can't ask of better attacking midfielder in this market because these kind of signings won't happen when you not in CL we are lucky that he has problems with Rodgers and our name in England still attractive

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

0.10 behind the 100m Grealish. Marginally behind Mane, Sterling and Pepe. Where is the Bernado Silva so many on here fancy? He is an elite talent that is gonna get better.

The Grealish comparison isn’t quite the same because his underlying creative stats were on another planet to Mads.

DF4BF978-54F1-47AD-AE81-3DE7F4EECAC4.jpeg

Grealish was unlucky to get the numbers he did get while Maddison got what was predicted. I go along with the thinking that if you give Grealish better teammates than El Ghazi and Bertrand Traore he could put up KDB and Bruno numbers.

As for Mane and Sterling as I said above they had the worst seasons of their career. Was one of the main talking points of the season that they were both in absolutely diabolical form.

Bernardo hasn’t been good for a while tbh. Since 18/19 he’s been in a tough decline which is why City seem keen to bin him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

0.10 behind the 100m Grealish. Marginally behind Mane, Sterling and Pepe. Where is the Bernado Silva so many on here fancy? He is an elite talent that is gonna get better.
I'd be delighted if we signed Maddison, last season he wasn't his greatest which is probably the main reason we could entertain this now ironically.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Honestly, I will stand by Camden as the GOAT "ITK" ..."madness" was iconic.

Top Bottom