• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The Grealish comparison isn’t quite the same because his underlying creative stats were on another planet to Mads.

View attachment 3877

Grealish was unlucky to get the numbers he did get while Maddison got what was predicted. I go along with the thinking that if you give Grealish better teammates than El Ghazi and Bertrand Traore he could put up KDB and Bruno numbers.

As for Mane and Sterling as I said above they had the worst seasons of their career. Was one of the main talking points of the season that they were both in absolutely diabolical form.

Bernardo hasn’t been good for a while tbh. Since 18/19 he’s been in a tough decline which is why City seem keen to bin him.
I imagine he could. Grealish is an amazing footballer. As is Maddison albeit they are different types of players. Maddison is more a traditional English 10 with technical qualities. Grealish is much more continental in style. Both have their place.

I think Maddison gets better. He is a year younger than Grealish so has time to up his game. Grealish took his to another level in the season gone by and I believe Maddison has it in him to do the same. Its been steady progress and his best years are still to come.

I really want this transfer to happen.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I get Ramsdale but Maddison would still improve us even if that’s a slight improvement. Anyways, I’m not too fussed whether we sign him or not tbh but all of those people that are saying “this is a waste” etc - who do you want?

As all I see is crying in every thread even the Lautaro one.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wba pereira is the better player at a 1/4 of the price, impossible to get excited for madders.

We weaken ourselves giving him a spot in the 11 over willock

He isn't better though. Maddison is a lot better.

Perreria looks dangerous but very inconsistent. I would take him though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The Grealish comparison isn’t quite the same because his underlying creative stats were on another planet to Mads.

View attachment 3877

Grealish was unlucky to get the numbers he did get while Maddison got what was predicted. I go along with the thinking that if you give Grealish better teammates than El Ghazi and Bertrand Traore he could put up KDB and Bruno numbers.

As for Mane and Sterling as I said above they had the worst seasons of their career. Was one of the main talking points of the season that they were both in absolutely diabolical form.

Bernardo hasn’t been good for a while tbh. Since 18/19 he’s been in a tough decline which is why City seem keen to bin him.

You got the comparison for 19/20? Interesting that both our targets Maddison and Ødegaard had good 19/20 seasons and not so good 20/21 seasons, any money you're investing in them would essentially be in the hope they find that form again.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I get Ramsdale but Maddison would still improve us even if that’s a slight improvement. Anyways, I’m not too fussed whether we sign him or not tbh but all of those people that are saying “this is a waste” etc - who do you want?

Memes aside I think that he's a good player and would improve us. His price is a big worry given his injury problems and his new wages at Arsenal could prove difficult to shift if he's injured all the time.

Ødegaard for around 35m pounds seems to be the safer bet, but as long as we get good players in, I don't care.

Just glad we'll have someone who can shoot from range, though Arteta will coach that out of him soon enough.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
That's interesting.

But it say we need to sell players first.

Angry Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation
I can see Yousif throwing chairs at the mod convention when he gets assigned summer transfer window duty

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

My preference would be...Martinez > Maddison >> No more signings >>>>>> Ramsdale.

The fact that none of the three players, play in the same position...shows how well thought out our transfer targets have been this summer :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not trying to do anything bro. It’s just calling it as I see it. Don’t think the numbers lie either.

Not going to pretend like I love a player I don’t rate. The reverse is true as well.

For me I just think MØ is the smarter move. Same with Lautaro.
Well, numbers can lie if you present them in a certain way like not account for minutes or injuries, or not per 90. Also most creative players are going to look bad if you hold them up to Grealish.

I'm not infront of my computer so can't pull them up so hey, maybe you are right and Madders numbers are absolute bottom tier. I think his price tag and injury history are legitimate concerns, not his quality but we can agree to disagree.

I was a big advocate for Ødegaard so I wouldn't mind him at all.

Lautaro would be a mistake in my opinion which I've explained elsewhere, but maybe he could do a better job than our current strikers I guess.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I imagine he could. Grealish is an amazing footballer. As is Maddison albeit they are different types of players. Maddison is more a traditional English 10 with technical qualities. Grealish is much more continental in style. Both have their place.

I think Maddison gets better. He is a year younger than Grealish so has time to up his game. Grealish took his to another level in the season gone by and I believe Maddison has it in him to do the same. Its been steady progress and his best years are still to come.

I really want this transfer to happen.

Yeah that’s fair enough and look at the end of the day if he comes here I’ll obviously hope he does really well and makes a mug out of me.

I think he’s a good enough player but prefer MØ and Lautaro myself.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

@Macho just wants anyone other then Emile, to be our number 10 this season ;)
I just like Maddison and have done since he joined Leicester that's all. I do think Arsenal could spend that money better.

If it were up to me I'd give Arteta zero money and save it for the next manager, so me not wanting Emile to be number 10 isn't true lol.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Ødegaard is right there for half the price I don't understand why we're wasting our time with this guy. He's not nearly worth the 70m being mentioned.
Agree, although Ødegaard would be my preference, i think we are targeting Maddison for his personality if that makes sense. He's over confident, he wants to be the man, and when times are tough, thats probably a good player to have in your team.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

I guess the moaners point is that you could get a slight improvement without spending 70m and strengthening a rival.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well, numbers can lie if you present them in a certain way like not account for minutes or injuries, or not per 90. Also most creative players are going to look bad if you hold them up to Grealish.

I'm not infront of my computer so can't pull them up so hey, maybe you are right and Madders numbers are absolute bottom tier. I think his price tag and injury history are legitimate concerns, not his quality but we can agree to disagree.

I was a big advocate for Ødegaard so I wouldn't mind him at all.

Lautaro would be a mistake in my opinion which I've explained elsewhere, but maybe he could do a better job than our current strikers I guess.

Only been using per 90 numbers bro. I think it’s good to question stuff and at the end of the day I’ll doubt I’ll sway your opinion or you mine.

I’m not trying to say he’s a sh*te player. He’s clearly decent but I don’t know if he’ll ever get the big numbers that you’d expect out of 70M.

For me if I spend that on the position he plays I’d want one in two for goals and assists but I’m not sure he’s got it in his locker.

Top Bottom