• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is disappointing news. At the very least, Xhaka is an OK player so this isn't anywhere near as bad as us extending Elneny's deal back when we did. That said, this ensures that our midfield will continue to have the exact same problems it's been having for the last 5 years and I, for one, am not happy about it. Again, I have to pin my hopes on the slight chance that one of our youngsters comes in to usurp the current first team and remain disappointed when it doesn't come to pass because "kids".

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka will play 4-5 good games and have his brain fart moment when he just cost us a goal if he don't have that brain fart moments most of us would like him to stay.

I think this deal is just to protect his value there no big increase in salary maybe just loyalty bonuses.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Really odd move from the club. Arteta could die in this hill.

Xhaka is a decent footballer, but it was so clear that a change of scenery was needed for the player and a fresh start from the club.

The only way I can get behind this is if it means that we go very big on a new forward (I.e. Sterling or Martinez) and want Xhaka in there because mid table Mikel wants stability behind the young attack that we are trying to blood in.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Ryan Giggs...just a scumbag of a human being.
Terrible terrible excuse of a human being. Incredibly overrated footballer but he’s not the worst. Come to think of it. Hasn’t Phil Jones been at United for a decade now? He’s gotta be with contention as the worst.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So they extend him to 2025, by two years, with a modest raise in wages. He will be 33 then, which should be no problem in his playing position and not having many injuries in his career.

Good durable squad option, and let's us focus our transfer budget on more quality.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

You guys want more proof than Arteta's judgement on players is absolutely pants?

I mean this is the same genius that thinks that loaning out a player with the raw tools to play a high line so that we can experiment with two slower defenders in a high line is smart.

Handing out a deal for fkin Xhaka? Doesn't surprise me. Keep doing you Arteta you fkin fraud.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Terrible terrible excuse of a human being. Incredibly overrated footballer but he’s not the worst. Come to think of it. Hasn’t Phil Jones been at United for a decade now? He’s gotta be with contention as the worst.

Did Rosicky get a testimonial for us, or just one for his whole career? (I remember watching it on Arsenal.com a few years ago)

If it was just Arsenal, then it was very undeserved, sadly...though he was a top quality player, he was way too injury prone to earn one.

Squillaci

You guys want more proof than Arteta's judgement on players is absolutely pants?

I mean this is the same genius that thinks that loaning out a player with the raw tools to play a high line so that we can experiment with two slower defenders in a high line is smart.

Handing out a deal for fkin Xhaka? Doesn't surprise me. Keep doing you Arteta you fkin fraud.
Mik doesn't like the guys who actually think with their own head and don't need/want to listen to him shouting instructions at them 24/7.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
this deal seem just to protect his value specially it's only 1 year deal and we hope next year teams will be open to give us good bid. i still hope we looking to buy a long term partner for Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom