• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All he literally had to do this summer was not give Xhaka a new contract and then he goes ahead and does it. His acolytes keep asking for sympathy for him. But it's hard to be sympathetic to a guy who deliberately behaves like a *****.

Last edited:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If you haven't heard this banger... do it now. If I weren't already AM's most pro-Arteta member already I sure would be after.
M6X5.gif

Kav

Established Member
I was wondering what was so special about Arteta that we didn't keep Ljungberg as a manager? Both were/are rookies, but Ljungberg knew all of our young players very well and I would expect the transition would be done much better by Ljungberg than it was done by Arteta.

Not saying here he would get us to the CL, but many of our youngsters like Saliba, Nelson, Balogun, and Willock would have their place in this team with Ljungberg in charge. That was a transition we needed, not overloading the squad with Mari, Cedric, Willian and Elneny

It was the pep effect. The perception that working as an assistant to a manager like Guardiola would automatically translate to being a good manager. It’s quite a silly presumption that owners make all the time. It just shows a lack of football knowledge by those in charge. They might know a bit about business but very little about football.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Controversial opinion but we’re about 3-4 years away from truly competing for top 4. I think the dream of us getting top 4 this year is a joke. We are so far behind City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool. The scousers have an aging squad but Klopp is one of the best managers in building a squad on a budget. The plan was never getting top 4. At our very best we could hope for 6th.

I think Arteta if after his personal glory than the betterment of this club. Giving Xhaka and Bellerin new contracts, Auba contract, Elneny coming back, probably a new contract for Lacazette, offering contracts to Mustafi and Nketiah, Willian contract. How the hell are expected to rebuild a squad with the same players that have let him and other managers down? It makes zero sense. He’s way too delusional and believes in his own hype and clearly wants to fast track everything.
Before Tets took over we were competing for top 4. Don’t let this clown lower your standards.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Gone in October. We aren't getting more than a point from the first three games. The pressure on him will be gigantic then.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was the pep effect. The perception that working as an assistant to a manager like Guardiola would automatically translate to being a good manager. It’s quite a silly presumption that owners make all the time. It just shows a lack of football knowledge by those in charge. They might know a bit about business but very little about football.

Us and Chelsea basically bought into the hype after Pep and Zidane cleaned up domestically.

You see it all the time in basketball. Teams fall in love with whoever just won the finals and draft a player they think can be like him rather than just picking the best guy.

Steph Curry wins the finals and teams start over drafting scrawny point guards who can shoot. Now Giannis and it’s lanky forwards who can run around and have a “high ceiling”

It’s what stupid teams do. People pointed out that barely assistant manager has gone straight into management and done well. It’s almost unheard of.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You're stretching saying it will be another 3-4 years without top 4. That's ridiculous.
Why is that ridiculous? We haven’t been in it in a while now, and it’s quite clear there’s a strong chance that Arteta and Edu aren’t even here anymore by then (Edu isn’t surviving after Arteta goes- I hope). There’s uncertainty there about whether they achieve it and who the **** their replacements even are.

In terms of our squad we have continued to accumulate deadwood or unwanted players under Edu and Arteta. People like Cedric, Willian and Mari. Of course we aren’t going to get rid of these players with our terrible wage bill. But oh yeh let’s go out and with all these big money names like Pepe, Auba, Lautaro to fix the glaring unbalance and quality issues in certain areas. There’s so much uncertainty, we have to pray we’re in the top4 in the next few seasons or we lose our talented young players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All he literally had to do this summer was not give Xhaka a new contract and then he goes ahead and does it. His acolytes keep asking for sympathy for him. But it's hard to be sympathetic to a guy who deliberately behaves like a *****.
I neeeeeeeeever saw it coming :lol:

Start of the summer I thought right, new RB, new CM, new AM to back up ESR/avoid a repeat of the first half of last season. A CF if we are lucky.

We've literally done everything else instead. Xhaka extension :lol::lol::lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why don’t we have a director of football higher up than Arteta that can tell him no when we try to sign Willian on a 3 year deal?
Or extend the polarising Xhaka?
Prioritise our future or more expensive acquisitions?

I don’t see this from Edu? He seems like them youngers that get sent to the shop it’s crazy.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why don’t we have a director of football higher up than Arteta that can tell him no when we try to sign Willian on a 3 year deal?
Or extend the polarising Xhaka?
Prioritise our future or more expensive acquisitions?

I don’t see this from Edu? He seems like them youngers that get sent to the shop it’s crazy.
I’m pretty sure a few journos said that Edu clinged to Arteta when Raul got sacked because he was on the chopping board too.

You combine ‘owing something’ with him being inexperienced and unknown in the European market, and what you get is a timid and uninspiring DOF.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Start of the summer I thought right, new RB, new CM, new AM to back up ESR/avoid a repeat of the first half of last season. A CF if we are lucky.

Has Xhaka signed an extension?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta will never get enough right to succeed and play the way he supposedly wants to. Everyone does seems muddled and based on the player fitting a mystery system that they don't understand abd can't play in. Barring a miracle, I expect him gone by bonfire night having wasted the next manager's transfer kitty.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Its crazy. I don't know what him and Edu are smoking.

I know people go on and on about the 2016 window, but this might potentially be the most disastrous window in the last two decade.

I wasn't even scared the summer we lost Cesc and Nasri cos I knew we had a quality Manager.

If we don't sign a Bellerin replacement and revamp our midfield, then we're in huge trouble. Last season will pale in comparison to this season in terms of shítness

Preacher

Always Crying
I am almost 100% sure that Edu is Arteta's b*tch.

If Arteta will say extend Xhaka, Edu wont argue.

Promoting Arteta from head coach to manager after half a year is the worst mistake this club made in the post Wenger era. We are shambles club riddled with mistakes so it's telling. Clearly Arteta has too much power. Power and experience ratio is laughable. Killing us. We will waste another season.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I am almost 100% sure that Edu is Arteta's b*tch.

If Arteta will say extend Xhaka, Edu wont argue.

Promoting Arteta from head coach to manager after half a year is the worst mistake this club made in the post Wenger era. We are shambles club riddled with mistakes so it's telling. Clearly Arteta has too much power. Power and experience ratio is laughable. Killing us. We will waste another season.
Did Xhaka sign a new contract?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I still cannot get this through my head... What is Arteta thinking?

I so hope the Xhaka fanboys are right and Xhaka is actually a top class CM. That the 5 years we have had with him have just been an illusion and this year we will get the real Xhaka who will tear up the league!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom