• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He's also very young, so that's natural. He's not an Mbappe or Haaland, but he is very well off for his age, and I don't think he's far from a level where leading the line for Arsenal would be a sound decision. It's his second full season in Serie A (third season playing, but extremely limited in the first) and the growth between the two seasons has been massive. He's a big striker, with so much to his game. I think we're missing a chance to get something unique if we don't go for him, but doesn't seem like we are. He could definitely be brought in, and then allowed the first season to just settle, and then hit the turbo in second season.

Speaking of striking alternatives, I think a good shout is also Luka Jovic. He has been frozen at Real Madrid but feel he has good potential to be leading the attack on his own as he did with Frankfurt.

The problem is the price as I doubt Madrid would let him go below 40M.

Reactions: Kav

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
RB, CM and ST(in Arteta's system) are bigger problems than AM.

Without a doubt.
The entirety of AM agreed with it by voting a Xhaka replacement top of the list and a RB as an urgent necessity was something almost all wanted.

Think the striker topic has become so vital since too many expected Auba to recover his old best whereas this is starting to look less and less likely. I also didnt expect us to be in for a big signing like Martinez.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

RB, CM and ST(in Arteta's system) are bigger problems than AM.
I disagree, because if something happens to ESR we are f*cked. I fear it goes back to relegation form in the first half of last season.

If one of Auba/Replacement striker/Martinelli/Balogun got injured it's way less of a big deal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Without a doubt.
The entirety of AM agreed with it by voting a Xhaka replacement top of the list and a RB as an urgent necessity was something almost all wanted.

Think the striker topic has become so vital since too many expected Auba to recover his old best whereas this is starting to look less and less likely. I also didnt expect us to be in for a big signing like Martinez.

Xhaka isnt leaving though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No ****ing ****, what's your point? People wanted an upgrade on Xhaka, just because the club decided otherwise we should be like you and eat up the **** they serve?

No, but Xhaka isn't leaving so what's the point in talking about signing another CM. Be realistic, we probably want the AM as the main signing now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You not twerking for Tammy in another thread? Didn't check. Just assuming.

Nope, always said he wouldn't be a long term starter for us. Decent Laca replacement and probably good as a guy to get us into the top 4 but nothing more than that. We should aim higher.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
No, but Xhaka isn't leaving so what's the point in talking about signing another CM. Be realistic, we probably want the AM as the main signing now.
People are bringing up lack of Xhaka upgrade to criticize your jokers running this club, you are essentially asking on a football forum what the point of criticism is.

When/if we are done wasting 70mil on a subpar AM and go nowhere next season, are we allowed to criticize our transfer activities or should we continue staying realistic about our midtable stature?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People are bringing up lack of Xhaka upgrade to criticize your jokers running this club, you are essentially asking on a football forum what the point of criticism is.

When/if we are done wasting 70mil on a subpar AM and go nowhere next season, are we allowed to criticize our transfer activities or should we continue staying realistic about our midtable stature?

From the players we were linked with the only huge upgrade on Xhaka was probably Locatelli. Xhaka is certainly not the biggest problem in this squad, if you think he's the be all and end all of all our problems then there's something wrong and its simply a bit of an agenda.

Scottish_Gooner.

Been away working so haven't being following too closely. Looks like we are going into the first game with xhaka and elneny centre mid. No new right back and leno in goals? This club is ****in finished. Some rebuild we are having. Another midtable finish incoming with the same ****ey players

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
From the players we were linked with the only huge upgrade on Xhaka was probably Locatelli. Xhaka is certainly not the biggest problem in this squad, if you think he's the be all and end all of all our problems then there's something wrong and its simply a bit of an agenda.
From the players we were linked with it was obvious we were never seriously intent on upgrading Xhaka. As for where the biggest problem in the squad was, majority agreed at the outset he was one of the main problems going by the poll result. Pretending his position isn't a major problem just because your manager gave him an extension is simply a bit of an agenda.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Walker-Peters White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Zinchenko
Saka Maddison Esr
Pepe/Martinelli

I think that's a realistic team for us to put together.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agree except for Lokonga, yet, mind that we seem to have a golden youth academy on the rise, there are many more ESR'ish/Saka'ish youngsters to come.

Patino probably the most exciting one, but Azeez looks to be quite impressive and closer to actual competition just yet.
Might be too soon for Flo, but he looks to have great all around traits. JJ maybe after this season loan as well..

Many potentially exciting things from the inside :)
I've high hopes for Lokonga too. There's no basis for the hope, just a feeling inside as with Henry all those years ago. So many are saying he's too young to do this, that etc but if you're good enough...No idea how White will turn out but Ramsdale and Maddison don't raise my level of excitement. Let's hope my pessimism looks stupid by year's end

GLITCH

Small club mentality is to not just take the hit and give Bellerin, Mari, Elneny and Laca away cheaply to free up space and get massive players in there first.
That is what your "big club mentality" do and never ever have those continue past this window.

You dont have to spend 70m on Maddison when you can get a very very strong backup for ESR to compete on top of the priorities.

The biggest issues in our squad are for all to see, we just wont take the financial hit, but rather keep Bellerin, Elneny and co, which Chelsea wouldnt do.
Yep. The issue at this club is not that we don't have money to spend, but not spending the money effectively. That's why we're in such a mess in the first place. I think most fans would've preferred we kept Saliba and invested the £50m on a CM. The £70m for Maddison would be better spent on a RB and cheaper #10 imo.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
From the players we were linked with it was obvious we were never seriously intent on upgrading Xhaka. As for where the biggest problem in the squad was, majority agreed at the outset he was one of the main problems going by the poll result. Pretending his position isn't a major problem just because your manager gave him an extension is simply a bit of an agenda.

He isn't a major problem due to his performances over the past 6 months or so. He's been very good, he'll never be the perfect player for anyone here, but its wise to keep him instead of taking £12M.

You do realise we finished 8th? The pool of players we have access to where we can properly upgrade is very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom