• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 444,034
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dial Square 1886

Nor can you bash the player or the club for accepting a £100M bid, Villa fans are disastrous.

Yes, you could in fact say that the club played a blinder, considering that they were always realistically going to lose the player. Having him on that contract and therefore been able to charge a massive fee was smart business.

We would have had him leaving on a free after running down his deal, or some other disaster like that!!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Games a boogey. But let's see who we can pick off from City. One I'd fancy that is under the radar is Zinchenko. Shifted out to left back at City but I'd put him alongside Partey in midfield.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
They are not really 'on the up' though.

I like Villa to be honest, always have, but they are just a club who took advantage of a weird year and avoided the relegation scrap.

Still just finished mid-table and nothing in particular to suggest that they will be doing any better than that this year. Even a top 8 is hardly the stuff of dreams for a top player.

(Not that we are going to be doing any better, but at least we have a bit of a recent track record of some success!!).
I think they're building a good team tbh. They still have the GK, Mings, McGinn and Watkins with Buendia and Bailey coming in. I even saw a tweet that says they're interested in Curtis Jones so they should be optimistic about the future even if Jack leaves.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Grealish is about to turn 26, the best moments of his career are...either getting destroyed in the cup final by Arsenal in 2015, or getting 11th place last season...of course he needs to move, ffs.

Villa fans :lol:

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Nor can you bash the player or the club for accepting a £100M bid, Villa fans are disastrous.
But again you're looking at a very small minority on the batshit platform that is twitter.

The vast vast majority of Villa fans will be gutted he's going, but will wish him the best.

I'm gutted. I've never been so emotionally invested in a player. I knew he'd leave eventually and to be honest he's been here far longer than I thought he would. He leaves with my blessing but it's still a tough one to take. The best player I've ever seen wear our shirt

D

Dial Square 1886

I think they're building a good team tbh. They still have the GK, Mings, McGinn and Watkins with Buendia and Bailey coming in. I even saw a tweet that says they're interested in Curtis Jones so they should be optimistic about the future even if Jack leaves.

Yeah, they are.

But there are so many mid-table clubs like that (us included), who have a bit of a squad, but are not realistic top four contenders, so where does that leave you?

Give it all a shake, throw in a bit of luck with injuries, form, general stuff etc and see where it all comes out!!

I imagine 6th would be the absolute peak and just above relegation zone in the worse case scenario.

It's hardly what the very top players are dreaming of when they go to sleep at night.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Man couldn't even bring himself to type his name rass.

American Gooner is slyly the petty King you know, I thought it was out of me, Riou or Pump.
I purposely didn't type his surname because I knew it's a trigger for certain posters to start attacking me. Surprised no one has had a dig at me in the Lautaro thread for that very reason.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I purposely didn't type his surname because I knew it's a trigger for certain posters to start attacking me. Surprised no one has had a dig at me in the Lautaro thread for that very reason.
F*ck Martinez anyways. The Villa keeper, not our potentially star signing.

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Bit sad for the game with the Grealish move but it's the modern way I suppose.

I like the idea of "one club men" but football's turned a bit like the NBA where your looked back on historically as **** if you don't have a million medals in your collection so I guess he had to move. He'll just be another number at City though sadly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Villa fans shouldn't be frustrated about that 100m for academy player paid nothing for him now if they smart they go and invest.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bit sad for the game with the Grealish move but it's the modern way I suppose.

I like the idea of "one club men" but football's turned a bit like the NBA where your looked back on historically as **** if you don't have a million medals in your collection so I guess he had to move. He'll just be another number at City though sadly.

It’s an even stupider argument than it is in the NBA with football.

It’s not tennis ffs. It’s a team sport. Legacy wise I doubt people will look back at Mahrez in ten years and be like “a true Premier League great”.

If he’d have stayed with Leicester or even gone to a club where he was their main star it would have been different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom