• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 447,548
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dial Square 1886

It’s an even stupider argument than it is in the NBA with football.

It’s not tennis ffs. It’s a team sport. Legacy wise I doubt people will look back at Mahrez in ten years and be like “a true Premier League great”.

If he’d have stayed with Leicester or even gone to a club where he was their main star it would have been different.

And it all becomes a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy....

People look at the guys who left Arsenal (RVP, Cesc, Nasri etc) and say 'well they were right to leave, because the club haven't won anything much since'.

Well yeah of course we haven't, precisely because those players left!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey need to take more than 50% paycut to move back to bottom 10 PL clubs that not happening i think juve might get him loan out

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

It’s not tennis ffs. It’s a team sport. Legacy wise I doubt people will look back at Mahrez in ten years and be like “a true Premier League great”.

If he’d have stayed with Leicester or even gone to a club where he was their main star it would have been different.

Mahrez was in the conversation for best in the league at the time City signed him. Absolutely nobody would say that now. Grealish hadn't quite reached the point Mahrez was at with Leicester yet either.

We're too far behind right now but even a move to a side like Liverpool wouldn't have been bad for his reputation as in the next few years he'd become their main man anyway. City have put the money up though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No chance in hell Ramsey goes to Sp**s...would never rep nostalgia again if he does, that's how confident I am that he won't!

Also...imagine the difference between a 12 year old Man City fan today, versus one when the majority of us were 12...they have no idea how much of a nothing club they are, all this is just standard for them, the trophies and the signings...lucky little oil ****s :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Man City just reminding me how far we've fallen. To think the name Grealish ever popped up in this transfer forum seems laughable now.

He's going to be just another cog at city, he's definitely got the ability to fit in without an issue but I think his true strengths come when he's allowed to dominate the ball. Just seems like a waste.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

yeah Mahrez helping Leicester establish themselves as a top 4 club being one of the best players in the league would have been way more impressive legacy wise than anything he’s won at City.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Man City just reminding me how far we've fallen. To think the name Grealish ever popped up in this transfer forum seems laughable now.

He's going to be just another cog at city, he's definitely got the ability to fit in without an issue but I think his true strengths come when he's allowed to dominate the ball. Just seems like a waste.
Out of the top 4 I feel like Utd and Chelsea (before Tuchel) had more room for a star player to display individualism and spontaneity in their play, they would have perhaps suited a maverick like Grealish better.

City is a weird move, it's like we all know a Mahrez type role is the best he can hope for over there. Unless he adapts and becomes a machine instead which is possible, depending on how his England experiences effected him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Out of the top 4 I feel like Utd and Chelsea (before Tuchel) had more room for a star player to display individualism and spontaneity in their play, they would have perhaps suited a maverick like Grealish better.

City is a weird move, it's like we all know a Mahrez type role is the best he can hope for over there. Unless he adapts and becomes a machine instead which is possible, depending on how his England experiences effected him.
Yeah I’m a fan of the player and would honestly rather he went to the two you mentioned even if we do hate them more. We don’t have many Grealish types and now he’s going City to press and get rotated.

Ah well, here’s a funny take on the transfer. 😂

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't pay any attention to City. What they've done to football is obscene and disgusting.
Kind of makes me wish they did join a super league and leave the premier league because what’s the point of competing.

They’re going to have a 150M bench every week. That’s insane.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Kind of makes me wish they did join a super league and leave the premier league because what’s the point of competing.

Nothing they do means anything, same for Chelsea. They are more hollow than Riou's head.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We need to wait for the right opportunity and bring Raheem here.

Can’t see him staying if Kane goes there too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

yeah Mahrez helping Leicester establish themselves as a top 4 club being one of the best players in the league would have been way more impressive legacy wise than anything he’s won at City.

Trophies matter from a team perspective I guess but you can’t blame an individual for not winning them.

People saying that because Messi won the Copa America he’s now the GOAT. He should already be the GOAT based on his ridiculous career stats, not because Emi made some saves in a shootout.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We need to wait for the right opportunity and bring Raheem here.

Can’t see him staying if Kane goes there too.
If we fail to sign any good striker we need to go to Raheem and put Auba as CF but that'll mean one of Saka and Pepe will need to sit on bench and i don't fancy that both are in very good form specially Pepe

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

It was already insane. City's starting XI + bench for the CL final was over 800m, Chelsea's was over 500m. That's going to be the norm for top PL clubs from now on, you ain't getting anywhere without at least a 500m squad.

Don't know what the answer is but maybe the Super League wasn't such a bad idea, PL has become way too powerful.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Trophies matter from a team perspective I guess but you can’t blame an individual for not winning them.

People saying that because Messi won the Copa America he’s now the GOAT. He should already be the GOAT based on his ridiculous career stats, not because Emi made some saves in a shootout.
trophies matter for an individual(legacy wise) if you are a key player and a major reason they won them. The team winning while you are playing part time I don’t see how that should add anything to their legacy. No one cares about what Chamberlain has won for ex.

Vardy will end up having a greater pl legacy than Mahrez too even if he hasn’t won nearly as much since.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We don’t create enough for Raheem, he’d be getting called a *** before Christmas.

We can add some creativity + Raheem. I think that would be a solid window.

Arteta would get to work miracles 👀 with Raheem like he did at City.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was already insane. City's starting XI + bench for the CL final was over 800m, Chelsea's was over 500m. That's going to be the norm for top PL clubs from now on, you ain't getting anywhere without at least a 500m squad.

Don't know what the answer is but maybe the Super League wasn't such a bad idea, PL has become way too powerful.

The Super League was a terrible idea because it took a broken system and made it worse.

The answer isn’t sexy but it’s regulation. Salary caps, tighter squad restrictions and redesigning FFP.

Unregulated spending just makes for a terrible on field product and really football is just pure entertainment. A title race like last season is terrible for business.

Sky ironically pushed a top four race as a big deal because the champions and relegation were sorted by April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom