• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 443,840
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would love Raheem here, still think he has plenty to give...excellent dribbling/pace and a goal threat.

Plus the media hate him already, so he feels like an Arsenal player!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We don’t create enough for Raheem, he’d be getting called a *** before Christmas.
Bro please tell them LOL

I'm shocked. Smart and nimble player, but his inconsistent technique and his goal scoring chances being taken away along with his large salary - he would get absolutely destroyed here.

No thanks - anti Wishlist territory for me. Just no.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The Super League was a terrible idea because it took a broken system and made it worse.

The answer isn’t sexy but it’s regulation. Salary caps, tighter squad restrictions and redesigning FFP.

Unregulated spending just makes for a terrible on field product and really football is just pure entertainment. A title race like last season is terrible for business.

Sky ironically pushed a top four race as a big deal because the champions and relegation were sorted by April.

Would be interesting if they do get Grealish and Kane, how the likes of Sky will talk about them. So far they seem to talk about City in a different way to PSG, when they're exactly the same, i wonder if there's a point where no amount of community projects in Manchester are enough to hide the blatant absurdity of it all, or whether accepting the PL has been turned into a joke would be too costly, seeing as "toughest league in the world" and "anyone can beat anyone" is the mantra they repeat ad infinitum.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bro please tell them LOL

I'm shocked. Smart and nimble player, but his inconsistent technique and his goal scoring chances being taken away and large salary he would get absolutely destroyed here.

No thanks - anti Wishlist territory for me. Just no.

We finished 8th and man's turning down Sterling 😂😂😂

Macho

Dusted 🔻

"They tried to create a famine in our country" :lol: Honestly the minute I heard that come out his mouth I was like nah, get me that sexy Super League.
It was pathetic but at the same time I fux'd with it heavy on the low.

Can't believe the public was whipped up into a frenzy over it but oh well.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Would love Raheem here, still think he has plenty to give...excellent dribbling/pace and a goal threat.

Plus the media hate him already, so he feels like an Arsenal player!

If he can get back to this level then it would be a fantastic deal.

Mikel’s extra sessions with him paid off.

:drool:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would be interesting if they do get Grealish and Kane, how the likes of Sky will talk about them. So far they seem to talk about City in a different way to PSG, when they're exactly the same, i wonder if there's a point where no amount of community projects in Manchester are enough to hide the blatant absurdity of it all, or whether accepting the PL has been turned into a joke would be too costly, seeing as "toughest league in the world" and "anyone can beat anyone" is the mantra they repeat ad infinitum.

Micah Richards immediately brings up the “but look how beautiful their football is” as soon as anyone criticises them.

City have too many tentacles in Sky, the PL and Government. Don’t know what the route out of this is because you see Boris is still pushing for the Saudis to get the Newcastle takeover approved and it’s not getting any better.

My hope is that City show the game how broken modern football actually is.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was pathetic but at the same time I fux'd with it heavy on the low.

Can't believe the public was whipped up into a frenzy over it but oh well.

Why? It was making a sh*t system even sh*tter.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
or whether accepting the PL has been turned into a joke would be too costly, seeing as "toughest league in the world" and "anyone can beat anyone" is the mantra they repeat ad infinitum.

We'll regularly see teams getting close to 100 points and they'd still talk about "anyone can beat anyone" lmao.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If he can get back to this level then it would be a fantastic deal.

Mikel’s extra sessions with him paid off.

:drool:

When he burst onto the scene at Liverpool during the Suarez season, thought he was top quality even back then, was like the best of Walcott and Chamberlain mixed into one player.

The 2019 Cup final, when they battered Watford...I remember Kompany walking past Troy Deeney and sort of laughing, due to how easy of a game it was :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Why? It was making a sh*t system even sh*tter.
The current game is rigged anyways, to my admittedly limited point of view it didn't make much of a difference to things.

I feel like the media and people like G Neville pick and choose when to get on their high ground. I also found the way Sky sports were whipping the country into a state of anger and other emotions appalling.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Micah Richards immediately brings up the “but look how beautiful their football is” as soon as anyone criticises them.

City have too many tentacles in Sky, the PL and Government. Don’t know what the route out of this is because you see Boris is still pushing for the Saudis to get the Newcastle takeover approved and it’s not getting any better.

My hope is that City show the game how broken modern football actually is.

Lol Richards is a gooner, said as much on a podcast, fortunate to be in the right place at the right time, but pretty astute to make himself look like a diehard City guy, he's done well for himself.

Honestly really want them to win like 5 in a row, see when the penny drops that we're the real farmers league.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

look like each La liga club will have about 40M to spend including Barca and Real Madrid.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The current game is rigged anyways, to my admittedly limited point of view it didn't make much of a difference to things.

I feel like the media and people like G Neville pick and choose when to get on their high ground. I also found the way Sky sports were whipping the country into a state of anger and other emotions appalling.

Gary Neville and Sky can be hypocrites and the Super League can still be a terrible idea. Like Wenger said it violates the principle of competition by removing meritocracy from it.

As for him whipping everyone up, the whole country was angry regardless of Gary Neville because it was a sh*t idea. He made himself out to be the saviour but it’s patronising to ordinary fans thinking they only got their opinions from Sky and were incapable of independent thought.

Change isn’t always good. You can realise the game is currently broken without deciding to unilaterally make it worse. Ironically if the American owners had tried it in their own country it would’ve been shut down in the courts because it violated various anti-trust agreements.

Honestly one of the poorest thought out ideas in recent football memory.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Honestly one of the poorest thought out ideas in recent football memory.
Probably. Most things that happens to Arsenal is against my wishes this would have just been another example, it wasn't that deep for me.

I saw grown men recording themselves crying on twitter, I am not blaming Sky Sports entirely just pointing out that I found the encouragement of outrage distasteful.

It will be back in another iteration anyways, there's too much to gain for certain teams to not keep pursuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom