• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Not disputing that but you can't have it all ways - either he is an important player who is worth a good fee, or he is surplus to requirements and not.

We all know the answer is the first one - this will be a loss to Leicester if it happens, that's why the fee is so high. Now, you might need him less than us and that's a whole different question.

Personally, I don't think he's a £70m player - really hope the club doesn't spend that much on him and we go for Ødegaard instead (and use the difference on someone else - RB, CM or ST).

'Surplus to requirements' has not been mentioned once, has it?
The only player(s) that could be described as that, would be AMN/Willock/Nelson.....At least from Leicester's perspective.

The unfortunate reality, is that Arsenal have just paid £50 million for Ben White....That has set the bar.
I don't think it is a bad signing, I'd have taken him at Leicester but not for such a fee, the reality is, he'd currently be 4th choice CB at Leicester, and he's nearly 3 years older than Fofana and only 18 months younger than Soyuncu.

So now Leicester know you're paying that kind of money for a CB from a team that finished 16th, where he stood out a bit, but didn't look top top quality, why are you surprised that Leicester want a higher fee?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He’s gotten injured the last couple of seasons (which is a whole different issue). If you followed Leicester last season you would have seen that he was single handedly carrying them goals wise in the middle of the season. He then got injured and Leicester started to tail off. Iheanacho helped with goals a lot towards the end but they were in a massive battle by then.

I would project Maddison to have scored 12+ goals last season if he stayed fit all 38 games. He doesn’t take pens btw, go look at Fernandes goals without pens. Maddison probably has more open play goals per minute than Fernandes last season (or similar), in a more conservative team than the free scoring United.
So 70mil for an injury prone player? Ok then

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
All these Leicester accounts joining an Arsenal forum to troll are pathetic.

Us Atléti fans mock you and your sad ways. We would never.

I'm not convinced any are 'trolling'...Maybe some have overstretched the mark, but to be fair, I've not read anything about what other Leicester fans have put.

Delusional bias on both sides is essentially what football's fundamentals are based on.

SlyFox

We do this as well so I'm not picking on you, but there is a certain sentimentality that fans apply to their own players. Do you see the problem with saying that your own fans think he is rubbish but it's outrageous that Arsenal (may have) only bid £45m + one of our own highly rated/over rated players...?

Now Arsenal is always up for a bad deal so not saying that we don't end up giving you 80m for Maddison or whatever, but still...
No I don't see a problem with saying he had a tricky season, but is capable of being brilliant. And that if the club don't want to sell, you aren't getting him for €45m and a player we don't need.

Pointing out where he was ranked last season is a response to people thinking they would be signing our best player. He isn't and certainly wasn't, but he's had better seasons than last season performance wise.

You don't spend £50m on Ben White and then think you can offer that amount. Our valuation will be based on what he's worth to us, and when you factor in cost of the player, sell on clauses, getting a replacement then the offer has to be substantial.

Not that I think any of this is true outside of you actually holding an interest in him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom