• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It's a bad move for all parties unfortunately. The majority of Arsenal fans are done with him. There's no way back for him really.
Would have been better for everyone concerned if we'd just shifted him on to Roma instead of playing hardball over a couple of million.

The first mistake he makes leading to an opposition goal next season, he's going to get destroyed by the fans.

Yeah it will inevitably turn toxic and snowball from there, this relationship is broken.

We'll regret this decision before next season is even over, so stupid...

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Imagine paying something like 120k per week to a 'squad' player, talk about delusional posting.
He's gonna be a starter & the anchor that holds us in mid table mediocrity as usual
Imagine paying that same wage to Neves, and paying 30 million more to get him in addition to the Xhaka transfer money.

You get Elneny for 50k/pw. That's what you get. Torreira is 75k/pw also btw.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Imagine paying that same wage to Neves, and paying 30 million more to get him in addition to the Xhaka transfer money.

You get Elneny for 50k/pw. That's what you get. Torreira is 75k/pw also btw.
How does any of this refute what I said?

drippin

How does any of this refute what I said?
Maybe your point was that Arsenal won't have good squad players, but resort only to Elneny level now and forever?

I have higher hopes for Arsenal myself.

tcahill

I don't get this "protecting the value" on Xhaka by offering him a contract extension. What value are we talking about? He had his best season with us, had a good Euro and we are not able to get anything but peanuts for him. We are clearly just tying him to us for several more years without the ability to shift him on. Arteta and Edu must be out of their minds to do this! Every time I read about this I am just baffled by the sheer stupidity. It's like they want to be fired and leave the club in as ****ty a position as possible when that happens! 🤬
Agree completely.

There are some points in favour of keeping him this season, such as that accepting Roma's pathetic lowball offer would make us look more like a pushovers than we already do, leaving us open to more lowball offers in the future.

However the decision to extend his contract is truly brain dead. He's already hard enough to shift as it is, an extension with a pay rise essentially guarantees he'll be at the club until the contract expires.

drippin

Agree completely.

There are some points in favour of keeping him this season, such as that accepting Roma's pathetic lowball offer would make us look more like a pushovers than we already do, leaving us open to more lowball offers in the future.

However the decision to extend his contract is truly brain dead. He's already hard enough to shift as it is, an extension with a pay rise essentially guarantees he'll be at the club until the contract expires.
It's not brain dead if the goal is not to shift him, but have a good squad player in midfield for once.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
His destiny is Stoke for 4m because that’s his level. However if we insist on giving him a new contract even that won’t happen because we al know nobody will match the wages of our **** players. Please don’t do it either let him go to stoke next season or a free the season after.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Can we not support our players for a change?
How Dare You Greta GIF

tcahill

It's not brain dead if the goal is not to shift him, but have a good squad player in midfield for once.

You don't need to give him an extension in order for him to be a squad player. He's still got 2 years left on his contract. The point is that if we extend him with a pay rise we have to keep him for the entire time as he'll be impossible to shift.

drippin

You don't need to give him an extension in order for him to be a squad player. He's still got 2 years left on his contract. The point is that if we extend him with a pay rise we have to keep him for the entire time as he'll be impossible to shift.
Yes, but the extension keeps him as squad player for 1-2 years longer. He will be 32-33 years old then, not much for a midfielder. Also the payrise isn't big I think.

If they're promising him a starting spot or planning for him to start for many years, of course I'm against this.

Look at my avatar. That's the level I want to start here, while having Elneny's of the World not play a single minute at Arsenal anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom