• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Honestly guys Dutch forum filled with praise for this action from the fans, not one word about cringe or anything negative. Idk what it is with you guys.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Honestly guys Dutch forum filled with praise for this action from the fans, not one word about cringe or anything negative. Idk what it is with you guys.

Dat British culture, son...

0_This-Is-England-cast.jpg

...we are proper hard, lad...proper hard!

Last edited:

mirrorstare

I bet he hates it too, just finished his holiday ready to start the season and forget all about the penalty and here they are with a big mural for him acting like he beat cancer. Saka seems solid mentally too I bet he brushed it off after a couple of weeks, this stuff is just over the top.

Also we're guys from a different era, nowadays the world is a bit feminine. This is like when girls write paragraphs for their friends birthday.

Doubt you can brush off failing your country after a couple of weeks

We all know why that mural is there and it has little to do with treating Saka like a kid, pandering to his failure or some yer da snowflake nonsense, it's because he still gets monkey emojis on his DMs and a rival team also had the same gesture for the guy that also failed his country.

It's a win win for everyone, fans feel important, the brand rides the trend and looks like they care about its employee as much as the competition, Saka gets a free teddy bear.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah honestly I think people went overboard in the other direction lol.. These guys were treated as heroes for missing a penalty, wouldn't even have gotten this kind of love if they actually scored and won it :lol:
The overdose of affection is a direct response to the inexcusable racist abuse. The missed penalties are now secondary. There's no hero worship.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
The overdose of affection is a direct response to the inexcusable racist abuse. The missed penalties are now secondary. There's no hero worship.

It's a positive thing, but there were definitely way more positive comments than negative. Almost came off as media propaganda to highlight the **** and create chaos and confusion, which is what they live for.

I understand that any kind of racism cannot be accepted, but people kinda went way too far on the other end. Treating Saka like he is special needs or something.

Even during the Euros, you had guys that were not much older than Saka and some first time members of the English team in a major tournament treating Saka like he was their younger brother or even trying to son him. It can come off as patronizing.

Saka is a wholesome young man, but he is also intelligent, mentally strong and professional. No need to cuddle him. Those guys are not better than him or even really have anything to teach him, he should be the one teaching them a thing or two about professionalism and maturity, especially Grealish.

Trill

Not Trilly
English people like being miserable, it makes us happy at the end of the day.

English football fans especially like being miserable.

Tossers who post on football forums like being miserable so much they compose missives meticulously constructed to express their miserableness down to the minutiae.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Doubt you can brush off failing your country after a couple of weeks

We all know why that mural is there and it has little to do with treating Saka like a kid, pandering to his failure or some yer da snowflake nonsense, it's because he still gets monkey emojis on his DMs and a rival team also had the same gesture for the guy that also failed his country.

It's a win win for everyone, fans feel important, the brand rides the trend and looks like they care about its employee as much as the competition, Saka gets a free teddy bear.
Yeah and I doubt he’s losing sleep over some online trolls. The media and people on the internet were the ones making a huge deal out of it even in his letter he treated it like a footnote.

I agree with your last paragraph though it’s a PR image thing. I just find the modern day trend of outward displays of how good, nice and wholesome you are kind of phoney.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The outpouring of love to these players is to counteract the abhorrent racial abuse from brain dead simpletons which was in no way restricted to anonymous online posting. It happened in the stadium, it happened in people’s houses (eg: Brad Pretty Facebook rant that went viral) it happened on chat groups (eg: fringe Leeds players sacked) . Let’s not even mention the hundreds who stated ‘IM nOT fOllOwinG GaReTH aND His kNeeLiNG cOMmuNiStS’

Personally don’t see as praising failure, just a reaction to show there are some decent people out there.

No idea why he took the final pen though :lol:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Feel he has to play in the middle or left imo despite many saying he has to play rw

He doesn't cross that well with his right and he doesn't have a good curler to far post shot with his left when he cuts in. I know that's how he scored his first ever goal for us in the Europa. But I have seen him wasting too many chances with weak shots straight at gk when he tries to curl one.
But if he plays on the left he just goes for power shots with his left like podolski and also delivers some good crosses.
LWB will be perfect for him given his defensive capabilities too but don't think we are gonna play with 3 at the back.

Pepe should be first choice rw.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I still think his best position would be as one of the 8’s in a 433. Has the ability to drive forward from midfield and basically all the qualities to thrive there. Would also allow us to play both him and Pepe. This season is a big one for him, he has to get double figures goal wise.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I still think his best position would be as one of the 8’s in a 433. Has the ability to drive forward from midfield and basically all the qualities to thrive there. Would also allow us to play both him and Pepe. This season is a big one for him, he has to get double figures goal wise.

If we played 4-3-3 we wouldn't get to play two behind the ball midfielders and might end up looking a bit too progressive for Mikel's liking. Honestly these sort of radical ideas should be banned. Next you'll be saying we should play Auba as a CF and not an auxiliary LWB.

I agree tho, it's why I don't think Bernardo would make much sense as Saka could easily excel in the same role and he's got much more promise than what we've seen from Bernardo recently. A clever coach would be able to get the best out of both Saka and Pepe without having to force one on the left just for the sake of getting both in.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why is our youngest player our best role model for other academy and first team players alike.
The kid just seems to have a pleasant, calm focused disposition with accompanied by a side of good work ethic. Seems to be hardcoded into his DNA.

If you gave me 30k per week aged 18 Id be found floating face down in the infinity pool of the Hefner suite at the Palms within six months. Hell, if you gave me that at my age now exactly the same thing would happen.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't personally understand why it's got to a point where it's like either Saka or Pepe for the RW spot. In my mind they're quite different players. For me Saka is purely creative, he's a winger, whereas Pepe is more productive, he's a forward. I'd play both of them on either flank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom