• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
People keep forgetting we didn't have ESR or Partey for pretty much half a season, now we'll have both for a full season. Very underrated factor.
ESR is becoming increasingly overrated among the Arsenal fan base. Show me another club who relies on a 20 year old this much?

He’s good, but he’s by no means the finished article, he’s not even close.

I also think we can rule out relying on Partey staying fit for a whole season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
ESR is becoming increasingly overrated among the Arsenal fan base. Show me another club who relies on a 20 year old this much?

He’s good, but he’s by no means the finished article, he’s not even close.

I also think we can rule out relying on Partey staying fit for a whole season.

Mot relying on ESR but he got given the 10 for a reason.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's quite clear that we need an RB, CM and AM ahead of a striker. @HairSprayGooners I think you're getting gassed up and not seeing the light. Our biggest issue since Wenger left, is that we have really struggled in the midfield. We had gone over a whole decade not replacing Vieira, but at least had magic + creativity in the midfield and could create chances. Our current midfield is a shell of what it used to be- imagine going from Iniesta lite in Santi Cazorla at CM to bluddy Xhaka. Partey was meant to refresh our midfield (and hopefully will) but we can't put 100% of our faith in him based off his injury record here. We can't just take Xhaka back and not improve our midfield.

If we really can't sell Xhaka for a good price, for me, the safe bet as a midfield signing is Bissouma, even if we keep him. He would be able to play fantastically with both Partey and Xhaka. Even if Partey got injured, Xhaka and Bissouma would be an extremely balanced midfield. And when Bissouma sits next to Partey they can have turns carrying the ball forward and covering for eachother. It would be perfectly suited to winning the ball high up the pitch too. I would have offered Xhaka a one year extension and just delay things on his side of things. I am not sure if he would actually accept that but he can offer more than £13m or whatever Roma offered. He just shouldn't have a big role in the squad, we need to be ruthless as Arteta said....

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

With how it’s looking right now this is the ideal but very unrealistic outcome for me. Not taking into account what we have or haven’t got in the transfer kitty

In
Sabitzer, 18m
Ramsdale, 25m (if Leno is indeed leaving next year)
Lautaro, 48m + Bellerin
Ødegaard, 35m

Out
Elneny
Torreira
Willock
Auba/Laca
AMN
Willian

Loan
Martinelli
Balogun (if two of Auba, Laca & Willian stays)
Azeez (if Elneny stays)

Newchange

We can still turn this summer around with these players:

GK - Onana or Somner
RB - Ricardo Perriera or Tripper
DM - Bruno Guimaraes
AM - M.Perriera
CF - Tammy A (Loan)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Rodgers if we want to promote younger players or make the best of what we got
Or Conte if we are really going to spunk 200mil+

Saying Martinez won't help us.

Legend14

Established Member
It's quite clear that we need an RB, CM and AM ahead of a striker. @HairSprayGooners I think you're getting gassed up and not seeing the light. Our biggest issue since Wenger left, is that we have really struggled in the midfield. We had gone over a whole decade not replacing Vieira, but at least had magic + creativity in the midfield and could create chances. Our current midfield is a shell of what it used to be- imagine going from Iniesta lite in Santi Cazorla at CM to bluddy Xhaka. Partey was meant to refresh our midfield (and hopefully will) but we can't put 100% of our faith in him based off his injury record here. We can't just take Xhaka back and not improve our midfield.

If we really can't sell Xhaka for a good price, for me, the safe bet as a midfield signing is Bissouma, even if we keep him. He would be able to play fantastically with both Partey and Xhaka. Even if Partey got injured, Xhaka and Bissouma would be an extremely balanced midfield. And when Bissouma sits next to Partey they can have turns carrying the ball forward and covering for eachother. It would be perfectly suited to winning the ball high up the pitch too. I would have offered Xhaka a one year extension and just delay things on his side of things. I am not sure if he would actually accept that but he can offer more than £13m or whatever Roma offered. He just shouldn't have a big role in the squad, we need to be ruthless as Arteta said....
I think most of us understand this. Its Arteta who needs convincing. He must see something in Bissouma that he does not like; I am just unsure what that is.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Out: Bellerin, Kolasinac, Elneny, Xhaka, Chambers/Cedric, Maitland-Niles, Torreira, Willock, Lacazette, Willian, Aubameyang, Nketiah, Nelson

In: Baku/Mukiele/Mazraoui, Camavinga/Caqueret, Perreira, Martinez

Leno
Mukiele - White - Gabriel - Tierney
Camavinga
Partey - ESR
Pepe - Martinez - Saka​

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I hate Auba wide, but if we can take away some of his defensive duties, it could work. In fact, no Auba out wide.

-------------------------------Leno
-------------------White-------------Gabriel
--Bogle/Chambers-------------------------Tierney
------------‐------Partey---------Xhaka
----Saka------------Martinez--------------Pepe
-‐--------------------Aubameyang

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This is just depressing. Going into last season I didn’t think we were far off Utd and Chelsea in terms of the quality in the squad. Now, we are a million miles away.

It’s hard to see us closing the gap, Utd surely favourites to land Haaland next summer too.

We haven’t improved the starting 11 at all. It’s ridiculous.

truth_hurts

----------‐--yoing keeper
-------Saliba-------Holding
-Tutu---------------------------Taveres
-----------Azeez-----Lokonga
--Saka-------ESR 10------Martinelli
----------------Balogun

This is based on some of the ludicrous overeating of our youngsters seen over the past 24 hours. Sell anybody older than 25 and give the money to Walmart. Drop Holding as well because he's ****e. Gabriel in.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
----------‐--yoing keeper
-------Saliba-------Holding
-Tutu---------------------------Taveres
-----------Azeez-----Lokonga
--Saka-------ESR 10------Martinelli
----------------Balogun

This is based on some of the ludicrous overeating of our youngsters seen over the past 24 hours. Sell anybody older than 25 and give the money to Walmart. Drop Holding as well because he's ****e. Gabriel in.
Unironically a better team than the ****e we've been putting out.

dkap

If Arteta persists with playing from the back, we need to find a new starting GK (in addition to a reliable backup). Leno is clearly not comfortable with playing from the back. There are a few GK we could go for, namely, Onana and Bijlow. Either could be done for less than €20m.

In regard to Leno, I'd use him in a player swap + cash for Ryan Gravenberch (my dream signing in midfield). Ajax will need a replacement for Onana. Their starting GK won't be around for long and their other GKs are inexperienced. If we can't offload him this summer, I'd keep him and forget about a backup.

---------- Bijlow or Onana ----------
New RB - White - Gabriel - Tierney

truth_hurts

If Arteta persists with playing from the back, we need to find a new starting GK (in addition to a reliable backup). Leno is clearly not comfortable with playing from the back. There are a few GK we could go for, namely, Onana and Bijlow. Either could be done for less than €20m.

In regard to Leno, I'd use him in a player swap + cash for Ryan Gravenberch (my dream signing in midfield). Ajax will need a replacement for Onana. Their starting GK won't be around for long and their other GKs are inexperienced. If we can't offload him this summer, I'd keep him and forget about a backup.

Leno is not going to Ajax! I like the GK suggestions though.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not saying I want him just yet, but I'm keeping my eye on Madueke at PSV this year. He and PSV have come out swinging, will be an interesting battle between them and Ajax this season I reckon. PSV not missing Malen for a second, by the way.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Odd that Gravenberch has barely been linked.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom