• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His previous levels were poor, he's never been good. I've never seen a player get cut as much slack as Torreira, the fanbase seem to have a lot of time for him even though he's not good and has an awful attitude. Simeone only gave him like 5 minutes at the end of games, shows Torreira is just a player at the level we want to be.

He needs to go back to a mid table Serie A team he can't handle proper physical leagues. El Neny is 10x the player he is and that's saying a lot.

Ngl proper triggered me back in the day when you were dead right about him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I had the same thing with a lot of people and Lacazette too, people who use to get mad at what I said about these players ended up agreeing with me. Once you saw Simone didn't even rate him you wrote him off too.

I always say on this forum people judge players based on stuff other than what they do on the pitch, a sort of unconscious bias. If a player is new or exotic or stylish or all action etc people will just like them and hype everything they do. I don't what it was about Torreira but so many people fell in love with him for no reason, I think it's cos he was new exotic and like tiny so people kind of infantized him.

Poor player and an even worse person tbh, I hate his attitude.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thing is - and I'll credit @BigPoppaPump for his vision on this - but Torreira had warrior written all over him. Very few people could have predicted that this diminutive Argentine hardman would end up being so fragile off the pitch. He's had a lot in life as well to be fair but I don't think that's the only reason he was unhappy from 6 months in when he was dropped.

Goonger

His previous levels were poor, he's never been good. I've never seen a player get cut as much slack as Torreira, the fanbase seem to have a lot of time for him even though he's not good and has an awful attitude. Simeone only gave him like 5 minutes at the end of games, shows Torreira is just a player at the level we want to be.

He needs to go back to a mid table Serie A team he can't handle proper physical leagues. El Neny is 10x the player he is and that's saying a lot.

Need to agree to disagree then. I thought he was great at the 2018 World Cup & that gave us a blueprint of how we should have used him. Liked his intensity & his aggression & he could use the ball. There's no denying he lost his way at Arsenal, & like a lot of players that lose their way he's gone backwards it seems, but as seems to be the story of Arsenal, I don't think we ever set up right to get the best out of him. His attitude certainly didn't help, I give you that, but I don't think we really helped either in that regard.

BigPoppaPump

Thing is - and I'll credit @BigPoppaPump for his vision on this - but Torreira had warrior written all over him. Very few people could have predicted that this diminutive Argentine hardman would end up being so fragile off the pitch. He's had a lot in life as well to be fair but I don't think that's the only reason he was unhappy from 6 months in when he was dropped.
This is what I mean though, people put it in their mind that he was this warrior for no reason really. Nothing about him came across like that, all he use to do every game is fall to the floor. I've never seen a player at Arsenal cry as much as he did either, guy was always on the verge of tears. A lot of it was just fans being hopeful, people don't understand how their opinions are effected by other things.

Need to agree to disagree then. I thought he was great at the 2018 World Cup & that gave us a blueprint of how we should have used him. Liked his intensity & his aggression & he could use the ball. There's no denying he lost his way at Arsenal, & like a lot of players that lose their way he's gone backwards it seems, but as seems to be the story of Arsenal, I don't think we ever set up right to get the best out of him. His attitude certainly didn't help, I give you that, but I don't think we really helped either in that regard.
I watched him for Uruguay in the World Cup after we were in for him and he didn't really impress at all in any games, just to go online and see Arsenal fans overhyping everything he did. Then the season started and it was the same thing, I think a lot of peoples optimism and excitement clouded their judgement.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Emery gave him getting on 50 games at DM in his first season here. thats all the trust a player needs but then Lucas ****ted on him trying to get out that summer... 1 year in ffs.

Been the same story every window since. Its poor from him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't what it was about Torreira but so many people fell in love with him for no reason, I think it's cos he was new exotic and like tiny so people kind of infantized him.
He had back to back MOTM matches around his debut to be fair to him, he's one of the few players who hit the ground running similarly to Auba/Sanchez/Özil/Tierney etc. He's had one of the better starts to an Arsenal career I've seen.

The Tottenham thing also helped and his all action style like you said - he was very combative.

He is really bad though I have to admit and I am one of those fans who puts up with most players. He's genuinely sh*t I can't even front.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is what I mean though, people put it in their mind that he was this warrior for no reason really. Nothing about him came across like that, all he use to do every game is fall to the floor. I've never seen a player at Arsenal cry as much as he did either, guy was always on the verge of tears. A lot of it was just fans being hopeful, people don't understand how their opinions are effected by other things.

I watched him for Uruguay in the World Cup after we were in for him and he didn't really impress at all in any games, just to go online and see Arsenal fans overhyping everything he did. Then the season started and it was the same thing, I think a lot of peoples optimism and excitement clouded their judgement.
But he had tatoos... Big ones? How were we to know...

BigPoppaPump

He had back to back MOTM matches around his debut to be fair to him, he's one of the few players who hit the ground running similarly to Auba/Sanchez/Özil/Tierney etc. He's had one of the better starts to an Arsenal career I've seen.

The Tottenham thing also helped and his all action style like you said - he was very combative.

He is really bad though I have to admit and I am one of those fans who puts up with most players. He's genuinely sh*t I can't even front.
Was this during the fabled 22 game unbeaten run under Emery? Strange times they were.

Who even decides MOTM anyway? Isn't it whoever is the commentator for that game? I never take those MOTM, player of the month, player of the season etc awards seriously anyway. But I do agree the Sp**s goal and his passionate celebration fooled people.

Also the fact he was a small combatitive midfielder made people think he was Kante for some reason even though they're nothing a like. If he was half the player N'Golo is I'd be happy with him.

Goonger

Like I said, we can agree to disagree. He had flaws, but we were & are still a mish mash of players & styles.

We were probably the worst team at the time for him to join. In a well structured team, he's good at ball recovery in tight spaces, however he struggles to cover big ground when the game is stretched. So we pair him with Xhaka that is also immobile, or Ramsey that vacates the midfield, or have Özil in front.

We've done similar for years, we have prime Özil & Sanchez playing with Giroud, we sign Lacazette & months later sign Aubameyang & sell Giroud & start spamming in crosses, its took us this long to find a midfield partner that might actually compliment Xhaka, we never seem to get the balance of a team right.

BigPoppaPump

Like I said, we can agree to disagree. He had flaws, but we were & are still a mish mash of players & styles.

We were probably the worst team at the time for him to join. In a well structured team, he's good at ball recovery in tight spaces, however he struggles to cover big ground when the game is stretched. So we pair him with Xhaka that is also immobile, or Ramsey that vacates the midfield, or have Özil in front.

We've done similar for years, we have prime Özil & Sanchez playing with Giroud, we sign Aubameyang & sell Giroud & start spamming in crosses, its took us this long to find a midfield partner that might actually compliment Xhaka, we never seem to get the balance of a team right.
Surely Atletico is a well structured team that fits him perfectly, Simone only played him for 5 mins at the end of games or never played him at all cos he's awful.

I find it hard to blame everyone else for his poor performances and not put the blame on him, I can also say Xhaka Ramsey and Özil suffered from having to play with a tiny weak midfielder that could do nothing with the ball at his feet.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I don't what it was about Torreira but so many people fell in love with him for no reason, I think it's cos he was new exotic and like tiny so people kind of infantized him.
Even before coming here, A-M was hyped due to that tackle he did on Ronaldo

gettyimages-988121142.jpg

He started well here as @Macho said, had some nice games with Xhaka and Ramsey in midfield, but then Emery was trying to make a point for excluding Özil and somehow Torreira ended up as an advanced midfielder :facepalm: .

He never recovered from terrible performances there.

Goonger

Surely Atletico is a well structured team that fits him perfectly, Simone only played him for 5 mins at the end of games or never played him at all cos he's awful.

I find it hard to blame everyone else for his poor performances and not put the blame on him, I can also say Xhaka Ramsey and Özil suffered from having to play with a tiny weak midfielder that could do nothing with the ball at his feet.

That was a poor choice of loan. He needed to go somewhere that he could play every week, to play himself back into form. Instead he chose the bigger club, but the club that would give him the least game time. You are never going to regain your rhythm and form when you are getting 5 mins at the end of games.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
In hindsight I'm really glad Sven left.
Most of his signings have turned so bad.

Torreira I don't understand how he lost his level and confidence. He's never been a great player, but his first months under Emery were more than ok. He had very good games, especially in Europa League when he was playing in a midfield of 2 with Ramsey when we tore appart Napoli and Valencia.

And now he's basically unplayable. And nobody wants him anymore.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Get the prick doing community service in Tottenham. Might toughen him up and help him acclimatise.

Prick.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Last summer he should have taken the loans from Fiorentina or Torino but he chosen to go to A.Madrid and they didn't play him his value gone down even more.

There will be loan offers from italy again in late days of the window his agent will try and get him a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom