• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Hope we put a buy-back/sell on clause in this. This should be a standard in all the transfers outwards. Should've put one in Martinez's transfer. Should've got rid of AMN after inserting a buy back clause. Take a little less money if needed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I just think selling good players because we cant sell the poor players is a flawed strategy.
you right and i understand your point but also remember the good players want game time and when we have Partey Xhaka Lokonga willock game time will be limited specially no europe. we'll see what happen.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
you right and i understand your point but also remember the good players want game time and when we have Partey Xhaka Lokonga willock game time will be limited specially no europe. we'll see what happen.

Yes Willock wants game time and fair enough, that's why I prefer he signs an extension and goes on loan. That way he gets his game time but we don't lose him completely. If only the owners would accept their share of the blame for buying poor players and invest rather than sell players like Willock.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You sell Willock but hold onto players like Elneny, this is who we are dealing with here. A dude who is seemingly hell bent on building his own reputation and using the club to do so.

Best case scenario, send him up north on loan and sweeten the deal with the option to buy, but we shouldnt be letting our youngsters go like this... especially when we dont have funds to buy ready made players.

Willock has to outlast Arteta and Edu, he just has to.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Good luck to the lad, wish him all of the best at Newcastle. Opens up a space in the midfield for us.

truth_hurts

Nobody sees Willock as a starter for us now or in the future, so what is the rationale for keeping him?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
All of these places saying a deal has been agreed are all quoting the same 90min.com piece.

Not saying he's not off but ideally someone else would corroborate this.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hope we put a buy-back/sell on clause in this. This should be a standard in all the transfers outwards. Should've put one in Martinez's transfer. Should've got rid of AMN after inserting a buy back clause. Take a little less money if needed.
You can't just "put" those clauses like this is some computer game.

The player has to agree to buyback and even then I think they can refuse to come back, like Isak.

All the clauses also affect how big the transfer fee is.

truth_hurts

I really don't want us to sell Willock he's a great player and we have other way worse midfielders. Arteta is an awful manager has no eye for talent at all, Willock is better than Ceballos but Arteta was infatuated with him.

Great?
Oh hell naw

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Willock's already done it as a 17-18 year old in his debut season under Wenger. He even did it better than Elneny did because he also completed most of his dribbles too. Never forget the Forest game we lost in the FA Cup, when Elneny looked like a lost puppy and Willock was the one holding his hand.

People have forgotten clearly, but let the agendas run.
Mate, I say this with much respect for you as a poster and a general positive bias for anyone who follows, knows, and cares about youth football as much as you, but you are talking about very, very small sample sizes here, and those of us who have a different opinion on Willock such as myself have put forth very real reasons for doubting Willock's ability to be a success for a big club (post I made comparing the amount of passes he makes / game to others, where he is clearly a major outlier, or talking about his % of passes received successfully-- all statistics that support with objective numbers what one can see with their eyes: Willock has aspects of his game as a central midfielder that are highly underdeveloped).

You might consider that people who have a different opinion than you on Willock might not actually have agendas but real reasons for their opinion, and do so putting them forth both with subjective and objective measures. You might even consider that in this case you might have the agenda or bias. But I must say that suggesting that everyone who has a different opinion to you in this case has an agenda is rather lazy.

My dream for this summer is that we sign Aouar and Ødegaard. Thomas / Xhaka - Aouar - Ødegaard against low blocks, Thomas-Xhaka-Aouar / Ødegaard against more difficult opposition. With Thomas' injury there's enough minutes to go around.

bastun

Player:Saka
Willock was one of my favourite players from the academy when he first came into the scene, but he cannot hold the ball to save his life. I don't think current Arsenal style suits him at all.
Most probably he will thrive somewhere else. Better to take the money now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good luck to the lad, wish him all of the best at Newcastle. Opens up a space in the midfield for us.
Space for who exactly. We are selling home grown players who can improve and giving maximum gametime to players like Elneny. How is that in any way a good thing? Then we are extending Xhaka and making him feel more important.

I am struggling to see how Lokonga will get minutes in the league this season when Xhaka only has one game a week. He is robust enough for 3 games a week, so one is nothing to him. When Partey isn't fit it will be Elneny and soon as he is back, Lokonga won't get a look in.

truth_hurts

Space for who exactly. We are selling home grown players who can improve and giving maximum gametime to players like Elneny. How is that in any way a good thing? Then we are extending Xhaka and making him feel more important.

I am struggling to see how Lokonga will get minutes in the league this season when Xhaka only has one game a week. He is robust enough for 3 games a week, so one is nothing to him. When Partey isn't fit it will be Elneny and soon as he is back, Lokonga won't get a look in.

I'm hoping we bring Maddison in. Homegrown and much better than Willock.

Lokonga needs to be blooded in, but injuries happen and if he plays well enough when called upon, he'll get chances.

El Nenny won't start much if Lokonga shows promise and Xhaka and Partey play to their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom