• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Cedric Soares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You can't say he isn't good at his job, he knew Arsenal was there for the taking once Arsène left. Got in there quick with his boy Raul and still has another friend there in Edu. Feel like we haven't seen the last of him.
Arteta was avoiding Cedric like the plague, left and right back, by the end of the season. Chambers and Xhaka filling in. Realised Kia had seen him coming. £75k/w :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Cedric has looked like competent right back. He hasn't been a bad signing at all. Been underwhelming at left back, but that isn't his position.

Our problem is that we have 4 back up right backs.
He's looked fine at right-back every game I've seen him in. Decent on the ball, a bit of pace, nothing outrageous defensively.

My main issue with this is that it was a completely pointless signing that was only ever going to bloat the squad. 4 years as well... As Truth said, we've got a bunch of players who are fine as back up but no Tierney equivalent who absolutely owns the role. It's probably not a priority as such, but a really good right-back would take us up a level.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

But he's not a good squad player for us. That's the point.
Beg to differ. He has had some good games and some not so good games. When he has played at right back he has been alright and has struggled on the left. If he is happy in his role as number 2 right back I'm happy to keep him with a caveat that we upgrade our first choice right back.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Beg to differ. He has had some good games and some not so good games. When he has played at right back he has been alright and has struggled on the left. If he is happy in his role as number 2 right back I'm happy to keep him with a caveat that we upgrade our first choice right back.

I don't think he's good enough for us. I dread him being subbed in, but that's me.

Gn1212

He's a good right back. All our right backs are more or less good. They're all of different profiles though. And we've got 4 of them. 🙃
My biggest gripe with them is that none of them have much of an upside if you take Ainsley out of the equation.

On Cedric, he can definitely do a job at another PL club but it's tough convincing him to go elsewhere when he's pretty much sorted for the next few seasons here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
None of the Championship clubs where he should be playing can afford his wages, he’s another that will see out his contract playing Fortnite on £75k/W.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's looked fine at right-back every game I've seen him in. Decent on the ball, a bit of pace, nothing outrageous defensively.

My main issue with this is that it was a completely pointless signing that was only ever going to bloat the squad. 4 years as well... As Truth said, we've got a bunch of players who are fine as back up but no Tierney equivalent who absolutely owns the role. It's probably not a priority as such, but a really good right-back would take us up a level.
Agreed with everything except rightback is probably the second signing I'd have made after a CM this summer.

Ideally I'd get shot of all our RBs and keep Chambers as cover (although I worry about his injuries).

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Agreed with everything except rightback is probably the second signing I'd have made after a CM this summer.

Ideally I'd get shot of all our RBs and keep Chambers as cover (although I worry about his injuries).
I think Hakimi was probably my number one wish-list signing of the summer. There wasn't another player that was so far ahead in their position and he would have massively elevated us I think...

The only reason I have it a bit further down now is because we still have multiple players to shift and also it's not clear to me who the real stand-out replacement is... honestly haven't got a clue, but Emerson and Tyler Adams are the ones that intrigue me the most at the moment. Would definitely keep Chambers as well out of the ones we have.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think Hakimi was probably my number one wish-list signing of the summer. There wasn't another player that was so far ahead in their position and he would have massively elevated us I think...

The only reason I have it a bit further down now is because we still have multiple players to shift and also it's not clear to me who the real stand-out replacement is... honestly haven't got a clue, but Emerson and Tyler Adams are the ones that intrigue me the most at the moment. Would definitely keep Chambers as well out of the ones we have.
You raise a good point, I tried to think of available right backs I would have - and apart from names of guys I've never watched...I can't think of any.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Wait, the same Fenerbache that was fuming over Kolasinac? I'll take it, but seems to me a bit unlikely. Soares is on 70k that I think they were unwilling to give to Kola.

BobP

Memri Fan
PastFilthyAmbushbug-size_restricted.gif

tcahill

Thought he was on an actual backup player wage, around 40k.

Turns out he's on roughly 75k.

No wonder he's not going anywhere, terrible decision by Edu. At least it looks like we've moved on from that kind of player profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom