• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Midfield needs freshening but difficult in the current market.
Can we really blame Arteta for that?

It is always somewhat difficult to buy players by the fact its a competition and you have to compete. If our ability to compete which is dictated by Arteta and Edu is insufficient then yes you can blame them - not entirely for the club's situation but for their actual failures such as their transfer plan and their inability to reconcile reality with what they cooked up. Assuming a best case scenario and planning around it is rarely the path to success, but this is what we seem to have been left with.

So yes I think we can apportion him some blame, it comes with the job.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It is always somewhat difficult to buy players by the fact its a competition and you have to compete. If our ability to compete which is dictated by Arteta and Edu is insufficient then yes you can blame them - not entirely for the club's situation but for their actual failures such as their transfer plan and their inability to reconcile reality with what they cooked up. Assuming a best case scenario and planning around it is rarely the path to success, but this is what we seem to have been left with.

So yes I think we can apportion him some blame, it comes with the job.
I understand that but if you look at the midfield Xhaka, Elneny & Lucas T were brought in by previous managers/regimes at a cost of around 70m and most people accept they are not good enough.
I do think we have a plan this year to bring in younger players to develop and if they dont work out sure blame the current set up & manager.

I am wary of apportioning too much blame to Arteta for Willian & Cedric as they were both Kia players and possibly more EDU 'favour' signings.
Kia had waited years to get into the club and looks to have cashed in big time at our expense.

Hopefully it appears we have learnt from that.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I understand that but if you look at the midfield Xhaka, Elneny & Lucas T were brought in by previous managers/regimes at a cost of around 70m and most people accept they are not good enough.
I do think we have a plan this year to bring in younger players to develop and if they dont work out sure blame the current set up & manager.

I am wary of apportioning too much blame to Arteta for Willian & Cedric as they were both Kia players and possibly more EDU 'favour' signings.
Kia had waited years to get into the club and looks to have cashed in big time at our expense.

Im not blaming them for the players that were already there and an inability to move them on idk why you think that.

We have a massive lack of quality in midfield which leads to a horrible style of play a lot of the time and our results are also poor, I am unsure how they have addressed this during the transfer window despite spending 73 million.

Im not sure what they've learnt as they make wildly optimistic statements about transforming the team, making the fans assume they had a brilliant plan in place or a lot of money... as they appear to have neither Im not sure what they have learnt. Any person on the street could have told you the problems they would encounter but because of their confidence it we thought they had a plan up their sleeve, now it just likes idiocy or them trying to satiate fans to get them past the end of season and buy another few months.

They really havent done themselves any favours and unless something changes this has been a disaster of a window.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Been in bed all day crying at the thought of another season of Arteta and his BS football.

Family knocking my door to see if I’m ok and leaving me some food and water, I ain’t eaten or drank liquids in 3 days.

This might be it for me guys. Always remember me as someone who hated @Riou crappy posts, backed Wenger, and as the greatest poster this forum has ever seen.
I have no sympathy for you tbh :lol:

You were the one having a go at those who didn't want Arteta here. You were busy calling him "My manager" and now you're wallowing in self-pity.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Been in bed all day crying at the thought of another season of Arteta and his BS football.

Family knocking my door to see if I’m ok and leaving me some food and water, I ain’t eaten or drank liquids in 3 days.

This might be it for me guys. Always remember me as someone who hated @Riou crappy posts, backed Wenger, and as the greatest poster this forum has ever seen.

Mikel is the baby, Edu is the man and Vinai is the woman.
@GDeep™, you're literally all 3 of those 'characters' in that clip.

Legend14

Established Member
Was Arteta and Edu counting on Partey to stay fully healthy? As much as I like Partey, this seems risky. Same goes with ESR.

Surely Arteta cannot afford to have a slow start. You would have expected our business to be done much sooner so players could acclimate.

Again, not sure what the overall plan is, but there is still much to do and the window is getting shorter.

gamechannel

Seriously dude?

Xhaka has been re-signed to a new contract twice since Wenger left. Once by Raul/Emery and now by Arteta/Edu. So Arteta is totally at fault for why he's still here.

ElNeny has recently been offered a new contract by Arteta. Again, he's here cuz Arteta wants him here.

Arteta met Willian 3 times trying to convince him to join the club. He then proceeds to play him tons of games even when wasn't performing. This is on Arteta.

Cedric hadn't kicked a ball when Arteta came out saying how hard he works in training. Boom! New contract for Cedric too.

Arteta is just as much at fault here as Edu is.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

d&d deal with it GIF by Hyper RPG

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Scenes when We lose our first game against Brentford with Raya keeping a clean sheet and Mikel panics and signs him for 40m.

Jokes that are 99% likely to come true, are the ****ing worst :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom