• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only since Artetas arrival. Before we exceeded expectations.

We went from 2nd to 5th to 6th in Wengers final years. Went up one place but were mid-table by the time Emery was sacked now we've slipped even further. We've been on a downward trend for 5 years, you can absolutely not ignore that. We probably only stayed top 4 in 2014 and 15 because we showed a bit more adventure in the market by signing Özil and Alexis two world class talents. Our strategy has simply caught up with us because teams are improving. Remember when we were doing this there was only the top 4, then City got money, Sp**s got better we now see what Leicester are doing and there are other clubs now willing to spend a bit too. Our approach continuing this way will continue to see us slide further and further. This is surely something which cannot be denied.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I had feeling Sp**s going for him the day inter struggle to agree new contract there no many quality strikers available and i can see why they going for him instead of Vlahovic

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We've been slipping down the table anyways even with the safe financial approach.

Plus we end up paying a similar amount for an inferior alternative.

Like I said previously, a team like Bayern who are proactive but can’t compete with the likes of PSG, City, Chelsea etc on wages, so in order to secure their top targets they sign players whilst the season is still on. I’m sure Dortmund have even done that too.

Why can’t Arsenal do that? I’m sure had we gone for someone like Kante earlier then we could have signed him rather than wait for Chelsea to jump in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Like I said previously, a team like Bayern who are proactive but can’t compete with the likes of PSG, City, Chelsea etc on wages, so in order to secure their top targets they sign players whilst the season is still on. I’m sure Dortmund have even done that too.

Why can’t Arsenal do that? I’m sure had we gone for someone like Kante earlier then we could have signed him rather than wait for Chelsea to jump in.

The last time we did that we signed Sokratis, Torreira, Leno and Douzi lol

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Martinez would have been a nice player for the future but it's definitely not worth losing your sh*t over a striker that's just had a 14 goal season in Italy. Every chance that Auba and probably Laca outscore him next season. Sp**s will just have lost the best striker in the league as well. Some perspective needed.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We've literally had a wait and see approach since 2011. 10 years of doing the same **** and people still support it. It's unbelievable.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still it's only opinion but if inter demand 80-90M i won't pay that lautaro yes exciting striker but his number as good as Abraham lol he never put 20 goals season 50-60m fair 80-90M overpaying

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No, that’s the not same.

Did we officially sign them in November, February or March? Like during the season.

Not many clubs actually do that. Bayern mainly do that for players within the Bundesliga as well. I wouldn't expect us to be doing that. You also have to realise in Feb/March Bayern are guaranteed CL etc, players know what they're getting. No guarantees in the premier league unless you're City.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not many clubs actually do that. Bayern mainly do that for players within the Bundesliga as well. I wouldn't expect us to be doing that. You also have to realise in Feb/March Bayern are guaranteed CL etc, players know what they're getting. No guarantees in the premier league unless you're City.

Some transfers aren’t totally dependent on CL, I think that’s slightly overstated by fans. The main issue is we can’t compete when a team like Chelsea, PSG or City are interested in these players. Bayern probably noticed that too which is why they secure them early.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Doesn’t seem like he’s going to Sp**s. Seems like they’ve all copied Gary Jacob and are starting to backtrack after what Di Marzio said.

GoonerJay24

We went from 2nd to 5th to 6th in Wengers final years. Went up one place but were mid-table by the time Emery was sacked now we've slipped even further. We've been on a downward trend for 5 years, you can absolutely not ignore that. We probably only stayed top 4 in 2014 and 15 because we showed a bit more adventure in the market by signing Özil and Alexis two world class talents. Our strategy has simply caught up with us because teams are improving. Remember when we were doing this there was only the top 4, then City got money, Sp**s got better we now see what Leicester are doing and there are other clubs now willing to spend a bit too. Our approach continuing this way will continue to see us slide further and further. This is surely something which cannot be denied.

2016 was the year fans on social media really started unsettling the club; This surely also impacted impact the players and Wenger. We had arguably the best stratergy in world football for two decades yet certain supporters got too spoilt and couldnt realistically see things from an economic perspective which affects the clubs core values of doing whats right; regardless of modern trends. Its important to add new players that improve your squad, but you can't be too stupid and risk crippling your financds entirely. Dont forget, we've spent almost £200m on players these past two campaigns. Its up to coaching and management to get performances out of them.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we sign Tammy Abraham now I won't be watching this season. Genuinely might be it.
Hairspray finally showing his dark side. Spray it all out!

giphy.webp

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
2016 was the year fans on social media really started unsettling the club; This surely also impacted impact the players and Wenger. We had arguably the best stratergy in world football for two decades yet certain supporters got too spoilt and couldnt realistically see things from an economic perspective which affects the clubs core values of doing whats right; regardless of modern trends. Its important to add new players that improve your squad, but you can't be too stupid and risk crippling your financds entirely. Dont forget, we've spent almost £200m on players these past two campaigns. Its up to coaching and management to get performances out of them.

We spent almost £400M between 2013-2018. From around 2015 onwards it was a complete failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom