• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Great move for Joe. He's already treated like a star by their fans and he's got the chance to be the main man with them. This kid is going to he quality once he fully develops, got all the attributes. I suspect he'll be at a top 4 side by the time he's 23-24. Good luck to him.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Its about how well they fit into the system. For us and how we play Xhaka is better. Lokonga is also looking more assured and better. Willock can't play AM, if we played 433 then fair enough Willock starts as one of the CM's. But we don't.
What sort of fcking system are we playing justifies us sticking to it. 2 8th place finishes.
Lokonga hasn't proven anything.
Xhaka is not the difference between 8th place and relegation.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What sort of fcking system are we playing justifies us sticking to it. 2 8th place finishes.

Nor is ****ing Willock, not sure why you've got such a fetish for him. He worked at Newcastle, he'd do a job here, but he can be improved upon and we need guys who are ready NOW.

So you take £25M every day of the week before his value plummets after a year. Its a smart sale.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Ive seen us enough without Xhaka to not be certain of that 🤔
Im not syaing it should be that way but...

smashed

I like a board game called Ticket To Ride. You have your planned routes to build at the start, and despite lots of planning and picking up the cards to do this, you get halfway looking good and suddenly find competitors taking your cards and also your routes. You then have to make changes on the fly.
It just occurred to me it must be a nightmare trying to finance acquisitions based on sales, with targets interwoven with targets in other positions. You lose one player and you may default to giving up on another as modern team building for arteta is more complex than just buying the "best" available player you can afford. Whether it should be like that is a different story.
We are really in trouble when teams like Sp**s, Leicester and villa are taking our targets because we can't get our ducks in a row.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Decent enough fee. Likely add-ons if Newcastle don't get relegated etc.

Go and put it to good use.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I really hope there is a sell-on or buyback clause.

Anyway, I understand why they sell him now although a bit mixed about it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like we dropped the value few millions so we can get him sold anything above 20m is solid return

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Mikel Arteta Amatriain mark my words, you WILL pay for this. I promise you, you will pay.
We haven't lost him for free or 5m. If he end up having same success as emi Martinez good for him but at least we didn't lose him for cheap like we did with Gnabry and Benaccer snd few others

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
From someone bald sold our exciting youngster for combined 10m to selling Iwobi willock emi for combined 75m that progress potentially 15-20m for Eddie too

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Next season whenever Willock puts in a good performance there will be a lot of people saying “why did we sell him?” just like Emi Martinez last year.
To be honest, unless we get a proper creative midfielder in now with these funds, I would've rather kept him and tried him alongside Partey and ESR. Think that's a midfield trio that could really develop throughout the season into a well-oiled balanced machine. If this money goes to f*cking Ramsdale and we don't sign a creative cm, I'd be livid and would bring that up constantly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So you take £25M every day of the week before his value plummets after a year. Its a smart sale.
Think you are fairly naive at this point. If we have lined up someone that can improve as today (not Maddison) then OK, but Willock can turn out to be another Yaya Toure and we could regret it within a year.

It's a risky move sale for sure, and the worst part is that players that need to go like Nketiah, AMN, Nelson, and a few seniors, will remain at the club. Willock was an easy sale, but as soon as things get trickier, they've failed offloading players.
For me, I was hoping Xhaka would go first, followed by Bellerin, those were important sales that Edu failed to complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom