• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
AMN got called up to the England squad last year, then Arteta froze him out and he never gets picked again. England lose on penalties when AMN might have taken one, you might be on to something. Tricky Micky just cost England the Euros

Well, this is what England get for not calling Mikel up to play for them back in the day, tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

AMN got called up to the England squad last year, then Arteta froze him out and he never gets picked again. England lose on penalties when AMN might have taken one, you might be on to something. Tricky Micky just cost England the Euros

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
He hates playing as a full/wing back though, he wants to be a midfielder so bad but don't look like it's gonna happen.
Any good manager would just tell him to stfu and focus on playing at fullback. Has all the tools to succeed there. Better than any of our current RBs atm. Still don't get why we signed Cedric on a 4yr contract as well when Ainsley can play there. 1 of many braindead decisions from the Spanish dictator.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Any good manager would just tell him to stfu and focus on playing at fullback. Has all the tools to succeed there. Better than any of our current RBs atm. Still don't get why we signed Cedric on a 4yr contract as well when Ainsley can play there. 1 of many braindead decisions from the Spanish dictator.
Im not sure AMN is the type that would accept that.
He wants to play in Midfield which is fair enough but he needs to find his level.
Perhaps because he was one of the 1st hale end boys to break through for a number of years he feels he should be shining. Now he sees the likes of Saka & ESR playing further forward.
Perhaps he feels his nose has been pushed out when asked to play fullback & 2 younger kids who probably looked up to him when in the u23s are getting attention in more 'glamour positions'.

Its a shame because playing fullback got him an England call up.
Since he made it clear he didnt want to play that position his career has been a bit of a car crash.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Basically this.

Look I'm not 100% sure how much AMN is demanding to play at CM.

To me though if Arteta sits him down and guarantees that AMN will be the defacto starting RB but also gives him the role where he pushes up into midfield when we attack (I mentioned the 2-3-5 in another thread) then I think Ainsley maybe bites.

YMMV regarding how good you think Ainsley is but I personally think he has the tools to be a great RB so why not go for the obvious solution?

Maybe Arteta has tried but I reckon he's not promised AMN minutes even at RB which might be why he's not committed to it, ofc we don't know for sure and you could say that this is a negative view of the situation....it wouldn't surprise me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom