• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Watched the Community Shield yesterday. James Maddison was substituted. He was applauding the Leicester City supporters. Was waiting for the Commentator to say something like, "is James Maddison applauding as a goodbye to Leicester City"?

Gurru991

Like most players out there he is available for the right price. It just depends if the prospective buyers want to pay that price. Leicester are not in trouble financially & Maddison hasn't said he wants out so any club who wants to buy him will have to pay the asking price. Most clubs don't like to sell near the close of the window as they don't have time to replace the player so it's doubtful this will happen.

AFCBell update August 9

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lots from the Bell this morning.

To summarise he says that Maddison is still the number one target. A "mediator" has been in talks on our behalf with Leicester. £50M was initially offered with Leicester saying £60M is where they will start negotiating.

Arsenal haven't been put off by this. They have the funds but don't want to blow everything on one player in Maddison whilst neglecting other areas of the squad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bell is such a waffler. :lol: He made about 10 tweets saying absolutely nothing we didn't know, I could've made up all that with ease.

Yes there was a lot of waffle there. But it wasn't all about the same thing. Also mentioned Bellerin, no contract renewal for him.

Fairly clear we still want a RB, AM, striker and a keeper.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Oh also the Bell mentioned that there's NO indication that this deal has a time limit. As in before the start of the season. Leicester will have their replacements lined up.

It's just about the fee and if it's going to be too much.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maddison, Ramsdale and Tammy incoming... Full Brexit mode activated.

I can see this happening. I think the initial budget is around £150M supplemented by any sales. Maddison + Abraham or Ødegaard + a more expensive striker.

White
Lokonga
Tavares
Maddison
Abraham
GK

Would cost around £175M.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ramsdale, Maddison and Tammy just ain't giving me anything.

Ramsdale/Onana, Maddison + Martinez, maybe even Vlahovic gives me some chills and so would Ramsdale/Onana, Aouar+Ødegaard+Martinez/Vlahovic.

Cant be less for the offensive positions or it's hard to be bothered. Our strikers are so ****, we need someone that is beyond decent and with worldclass ceiling.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ramsdale, Maddison and Tammy just ain't giving me anything.

Ramsdale/Onana, Maddison + Martinez, maybe even Vlahovic gives me some chills and so would Ramsdale/Onana, Aouar+Ødegaard+Martinez/Vlahovic.

Cant be less for the offensive positions or it's hard to be bothered.

It doesn't give me much either. But the club has a budget and Inter want £78M for Lautaro. Its very unrealistic unless we make a lot of sales to get both Lautaro and Maddison.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we really hired the negotiator we did same when signed pepe.

Leicester made it clear they want 60m i bet they want half of it upfront won't be easy deal but not possible just don't need to drag it until last few days we got good money from willock we have good advantage

Latest posts+

Top Bottom