• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You said you didn’t rate him at all, and then one week later changed your time after we were linked. Let’s not start that again.
giphy.gif

FinnGooner

Established Member
We agreed he isn't good enough to be a title challenging striker right now. But he is good enough to get a team in the top 4. He's a 15 league goal a season striker but he offers a lot more threat. I don't think he's a big game player but I think for right now, for the right price he could be so handy.

These guys getting 21/22 goals abroad like Isak and Vlahovic, would they score more than Tammy in the premier league? I'm not sure.

I don't think his goal scoring is average at all either.

Not so sure about that. He was a 15 goal a season striker for one season in a team with second highest xG in the PL that particular season (Chelsea had an xG of 76 in 2019/2020). Nothing suggests he is going to be a 15 goal a season striker in a team that creates chances at a midtable level (our xG from last seaosn was 52). He doesn't really create chances for himself and he underperforms his xG consistently which suggests he is a poor finisher. Also, he isn't particularly good ad headed goals for a guy his size which is what we need since under Arteta we primarily create chances through crosses

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
did he turn down Atlanta? 😲

at somepoint expect Sp**s name to pop up as well... just after the City game this weekend

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not so sure about that. He was a 15 goal a season striker for one season in a team with second highest xG in the PL that particular season (Chelsea had an xG of 76 in 2019/2020). Nothing suggests he is going to be a 15 goal a season striker in a team that creates chances at a midtable level (our xG from last seaosn was 52). He doesn't really create chances for himself and he underperforms his xG consistently which suggests he is a poor finisher. Also, he isn't particularly good ad headed goals for a guy his size which is what we need since under Arteta we primarily create chances through crosses

Same thing with Vlahovic though, doesn't seem to be a guy who creates his own chances. That's one of the reasons why I'd be against Tammy. I think we need someone who can create their own chances and have big moments by himself to win us games.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Same thing with Vlahovic though, doesn't seem to be a guy who creates his own chances. That's one of the reasons why I'd be against Tammy. I think we need someone who can create their own chances and have big moments by himself to win us games.

Yeah I don't know anything about Vlahovic but if that's the case we shouldn't bring him in either

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We agreed he isn't good enough to be a title challenging striker right now. But he is good enough to get a team in the top 4. He's a 15 league goal a season striker but he offers a lot more threat. I don't think he's a big game player but I think for right now, for the right price he could be so handy.

These guys getting 21/22 goals abroad like Isak and Vlahovic, would they score more than Tammy in the premier league? I'm not sure.

I don't think his goal scoring is average at all either.
Vlahovic has got 6 penalties in those figures as well, 15 open play goals, same as Tammy (and Martinez). Tammy's probably my least favourite of those as well but you can see the attraction.

Isak looks like the thoroughbred, Martinez I think would help with our creativity more but 90m euros is massive if that's the price.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Vlahovic has got 6 penalties in those figures as well, 15 open play goals, same as Tammy (and Martinez). Tammy's probably my least favourite of those as well but you can see the attraction.

Isak looks like the thoroughbred, Martinez I think would help with our creativity more but 90m euros is massive if that's the price.

Isak and Lautaro would certainly be my top 2 options. Just don't think they're attainable this year.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You said you didn’t rate him at all, and then one week later changed your time after we were linked. Let’s not start that again.

I mean changing opinion on the player is exactly what you’re doing as well.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Remember Gary twerking for Tammy a year ago.

Respect for changing opinion tho

Top top poster, best in the game on his day

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Having a striker who is the main penalty taker is a good thing. Scoring 21 goals for Fiorentina is no easy thing to do. Probably off a lower xg. With our chance creation lacking we need someone who can take chances and attack the box.

Abraham is fast and good in the air, but he really doesn't attack the ball. 24 in October and Vlahovic is 21.

Arteta will go for Abraham due to the adaptation period and looking after his own career. Vlahovic has the higher ceiling.

I like Tammy, just not sure he has the aggressiveness to turn into an Adebayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom