• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

But the thing is after 5+ years of getting bantered away at big clubs/CL knockout nights the good football suddenly doesn't become good anymore. You have good moments but trophies are the goal, we want finals, we want title challenges.

Too many people still see top 4 as a trophy.
I think this manager can build something special at this club, hopefully he gets the resources to do so.

Expand on the something special part as I don’t see it at all.

You could say those points if we had some identity or direction but I can see how we go from hovering around 10th throughout the previous campaign and creating 1 chance a game to suddenly becoming title challengers under this manager. The market won’t change that.

Also, I think a lot of fans on here were willing to fully back Arteta if he got into the top 4 last season. The same with Emery’s final season too when he nearly won the Europa League but I wanted both gone regardless of whether we got CL and I haven’t changed my opinion on that.

All I want is some consistency as the club were happy to ditch Arsène and Emery but they weren’t performing as bad as Arteta is.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Expand on the something special part as I don’t see it at all.

You could say those points if we had some identity or direction but I can see how we go from hovering around 10th throughout the previous campaign and creating 1 chance a game to suddenly becoming title challengers under this manager. The market won’t change that.

Also, I think a lot of fans on here were willing to fully back Arteta if he got into the top 4 last season. The same with Emery’s final season too when he nearly won the Europa League but I wanted both gone regardless of whether we got CL and I haven’t changed my opinion on that.

All I want is some consistency as the club were happy to ditch Arsène and Emery but they weren’t performing as bad as Arteta is.

I think he needs a lot of work in a managerial sense. But as a coach I honestly think he's incredible, and that has been said by so many of his peers.

As for your other points all you have to do is look at the Ole situation at United. He was doing worse than any manager prior to him, even Moyes. United at one point were so low down the table which for them and their spend is abysmal. But he was given the time and money to build a team. He's now spent £400M in what, 2 summer windows and a winter window. They're now looking to title challenge. This is why I want Arteta to have this window, and if we do spend the suggested 150-200M that is when I properly judge him.

Because he would've then spent at least £200-250M at this club. Which is enough to see a vast improvement in point tally, league position and scores. I will be the first one to want him out if we spend the required amount this summer trust me.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think he needs a lot of work in a managerial sense. But as a coach I honestly think he's incredible, and that has been said by so many of his peers.

As for your other points all you have to do is look at the Ole situation at United. He was doing worse than any manager prior to him, even Moyes. United at one point were so low down the table which for them and their spend is abysmal. But he was given the time and money to build a team. He's now spent £400M in what, 2 summer windows and a winter window. They're now looking to title challenge. This is why I want Arteta to have this window, and if we do spend the suggested 150-200M that is when I properly judge him.

Because he would've then spent at least £200-250M at this club. Which is enough to see a vast improvement in point tally, league position and scores. I will be the first one to want him out if we spend the required amount this summer trust me.

I stopped at the point that you mentioned Man Utd as we’re not built like them. They have the financial power to do that in the market.

We’re not comparable to Utd, Chelsea or City for that matter. Arteta wants to get a chequebook but he’s at the wrong club unfortunately. He probably should have waited around at Man City if he wanted that but they wouldn’t have given him the role, no chance.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I stopped at the point that you mentioned Man Utd as we’re not built like them. They have the financial power to do that in the market.

We’re not comparable to Utd, Chelsea or City for that matter. Arteta wants to get a chequebook but he’s at the wrong club unfortunately. He probably should have waited around at Man City if he wanted that but they wouldn’t have given him the role, no chance.

You say that but we spend obscene amounts if money. If you compare the last 5 years of spending we wouldn't be far off.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I mean both play in completely different roles. Can't blame Elneny.

Our whole team does fit a 433 much better anyhow, our midfielders with Willock even more so. Plus Arteta said he'd like to use 433, if he could.

Not too difficult when it's better suited to your squad instead of playing a guy for 5 years that is a 12th place player that keeps the 0 if you sneaked a goal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You say that but we spend obscene amounts if money. If you compare the last 5 years of spending we wouldn't be far off.

What ?
ManU spent like City for around 3 years, at least close to that. 200m+ on and on.

Covid decreased it all a bit, but still.
Inflation and triple the money since like 8-10 years also in transfers is also to be accounted for. Getting crazier all the time, even with covid weird deals happen as we see. Absurd money for mediocre players.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
What is written on the internet is often not true 🤣
Sorry to burst your bubble.
I have heard no substantial reports that we have been given that amount to spend.
Closer to £100m + money generated by player sales seems more realistic.
Man, I present to you the irony... Are you new in this forum?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Man, I present to you the irony... Are you new in this forum?
🤣 Its just random folk on the internet dude 99.9999% dont know anything.
Yes I have heard the loan rumour
At the moment respectable sources say we likely need to sell players before buying so I tend to go with that.

Take away the City & Chelsea sillyness & pretty much every club has a transfer budget each summer & while some owners may be more flexible they do generally try to stick to it.

Where are the more reputable sources saying we are being given a loan of £250m for players?

I did read a newspaper report that we had taken out a £130m loan & could see that as the possible budget before sales?
Thats only just over half of the £250m figure and far closer to the around 100m budget that I have suggested before sales.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
At the moment respectable sources say we likely need to sell players before buying so I tend to go with that.

Take away the City & Chelsea sillyness & pretty much every club has a transfer budget each summer & while some owners may be more flexible they do generally try to stick to it.

Where are the more reputable sources saying we are being given a loan of £250m for players?

I did read a newspaper report that we had taken out a £130m loan & could see that as the possible budget before sales?
Thats only just over half of the £250m figure and far closer to the around 100m budget that I have suggested before sales.
Idk... Ask to @HairSprayGooners ... He was the deluded one gaslighting people about 250M and now he is using it as an excuse of why Arteta is gonna suck this season "because he wasn't supported and given his own players".

I can tell it even before the season starts.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are a threat, to like 5th or so, that's someone.

So Rio is technically wrong, the best kind of wrong!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rio Ferdinand can suck my left nut. Bloke has the football knowledge of a screwdriver.

Issue is with these tools they don't see the bigger picture. They see Willock scored for Newcastle, they never watched him for Arsenal regularly and don't have a scooby doo. Really aggravates me. Its like Michael Owen saying he has a big willy, just completely wrong.
To be fair, Ferdinand was always raving about Willock’s performances for Arsenal on BT sport during Europa league games.

I’m generally surprised that everyone only seems to talk about his goals at Newcastle. His performance at Anfield in the 5-5 draw was Yaya-esque.

Pyres7

To be fair, Ferdinand was always raving about Willock’s performances for Arsenal on BT sport during Europa league games.

I’m generally surprised that everyone only seems to talk about his goals at Newcastle. His performance at Anfield in the 5-5 draw was Yaya-esque.
He loves playing against Liverpool. He also got the equaliser against them for Newcastle last season, and then there was this goal:

:drool:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

If we only have a budget of £100m due to a loan we’ve taken out, it makes it all the more absurd that we’ve spent most of it already on replacing players we already had eg Saliba with White, Guendouzi with Lokonga, both of which had a superb game the other day for OM.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

He loves playing against Liverpool. He also got the equaliser against them for Newcastle last season, and then there was this goal:

:drool:
Lovely diagonal pass by Guendouzi too, that cut out 3 Liverpool players.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
If we only have a budget of £100m due to a loan we’ve taken out, it makes it all the more absurd that we’ve spent most of it already on replacing players we already had eg Saliba with White, Guendouzi with Lokonga, both of which had a superb game the other day for OM.
Yep arteta acting like he is managing manchester city, someone needs to teach him about efficient utilisation of resources and prioritisation; edu and tets do not know how to build a squad with a limited budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom