• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The biggest problem is our lack of structured investment, as the following chart illustrates. I don’t buy this FFP bullshit - how do you think Leicester, or Villa, or even Brighton FFS achieved these levels.

TBH I’m just sick of ****y Leicester fans pitching up here, as though they’re the big I am, with tales of how Maddison is piss poor but still too good for the Arsenal :lol:

View attachment 3988
Our investment has been sketchy to say the least. There is another chart that says we've the highest outstanding transfer debt in the league.

Hopefully now we are at a turning point with the sale of Willock and us moving players on. 25m is 7% of our total revenue from last season. Selling players (and marketable attractive players at that) is one of the main ways we are gonna bridge that gap and be able to compete for years to come. Another reason why I'm keen on Abraham. Teams will still want him because he scores goals in the PL.

roz

Fake News Merchant
To be fair, Roma is losing their talisman in Dzeko and they plan to build around Tammy it's a bit different. I don't know what their midfield situation is saying.

I think 20 mil was a fair price for Xhaka, I would only sell him for 10 mil to shut the fans up and give the club their money and watch them spunk it on silliness anyways. This "we can't sell players so we can't push forward" is one of the dumbest excuses I've seen all summer and it is frustrating.

Tammy doesn't outperform Lacazette
Neves doesn't outperform Xhaka
Our targets are sh*t
Arteta and Edu are sh*t.
Exactly this.
Why are we even trying to sign a striker?!

None of our options are perfect but its an area where the squad is already bloated.

How can they keep making the same mistakes and get away with it?

What does this say to Balogun? Is Eddie even going to go on loan?

Utter madness from the club. Again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Exactly this.

None of our options are perfect but its an area where the squad is already bloated.

Next summer we’re left with Auba and Balogun. Auba will be 33 and we don’t even know if Balogun is good enough. Wanting to sign a striker isn’t that weird.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Now is the time to sign a striker. Teams will be slightly better off next year. Vlahovic would be out of reach next summer.

Seems like a Buendia situation. We are interested but not bidding.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Next summer we’re left with Auba and Balogun. Auba will be 33 and we don’t even know if Balogun is good enough. Wanting to sign a striker isn’t that weird.
It's not, but you can't slate our current options then get hype over Tammy it's ridiculous.

Tammy's numbers drop across the board if he comes here, he is currently playing for a far superior team where he is a known weakness in the squad.

What is he coming to do at Arsenal? with our handful of chances per game?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Exactly this.

Its mostly because of decline of Auba and the worrying signs he showed in pre-season. He may rediscover his form but he need helping hand and laca is leaving now or for free so he need replacing but there more importance in other parts of squad like RB and AM

roz

Fake News Merchant
And how are we ever going to know if Balogun is good enough if he doesn’t play? Can’t tell me Arteta wants to go into this season with 5 strikers? (6if you count Martinelli)

Keeping Lacazette this season will prove to be better business than signing any dud that Arteta and Edu want. He’ll be playing for his last paycheque wherever he might end up.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Its mostly because of decline of Auba and the worrying signs he showed in pre-season. He may rediscover his form but he need helping hand and laca is leaving now or for free so he need replacing but there more importance in other parts of squad like RB and AM
It was so obvious this was going to happen regarding Aubemeyang. Again poor management & planning

field442

Trusted ⭐
It's not, but you can't slate our current options then get hype over Tammy it's ridiculous.

Tammy's numbers drop across the board if he comes here, he is currently playing for a far superior team where he is a known weakness in the squad.

I can see why people would be keen on the idea though. We’ve had two seasons of rubbish which leads to a general feeling of apathy towards pretty much everyone in the squad. People want to see something different. It’s the same reason people say play Balogun and Martinelli even though we know they’re inferior players.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Our investment has been sketchy to say the least. There is another chart that says we've the highest outstanding transfer debt in the league.

Hopefully now we are at a turning point with the sale of Willock and us moving players on. 25m is 7% of our total revenue from last season. Selling players (and marketable attractive players at that) is one of the main ways we are gonna bridge that gap and be able to compete for years to come. Another reason why I'm keen on Abraham. Teams will still want him because he scores goals in the PL.

Yeah but I don't see anything special in Tammy tbh. I think he's already at his peak value in the transfer market.

I really don't see him becoming a £60M player in the coming years.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I can see why people would be keen on the idea though. We’ve had two seasons of rubbish which leads to a general feeling of apathy towards pretty much everyone in the squad. People want to see something different. It’s the same reason people say play Balogun and Martinelli even though we know they’re inferior players.
That's not good enough though and will just perpetuate what is going on.

Why clamour for average players like Tammy then complain about the clubs spending? I just don't get this forum.

Atleast Balogun and Martinelli are already here, they have just as much of a chance of making a difference as 40 mil rated Tammy in my opinion.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It was so obvious this was going to happen regarding Aubemeyang. Again poor management & planning
They can't predict future he is our main striker and he scored 70 goals before signing new contract you just hope he can rediscover his finishing touch that currently lacking

Shadow Moses

Established Member

Exactly. People with short term memories think Auba and Laca are the problem when the team only creates 1 or 2 chances per game. Before Arteta introduced his restrictive and boring tactics this team had no issues scoring goals.

Welbeck mkII isn't going to fix the lack of creativity and a LW Auba chasing fullbacks.

Gunners1616

Exactly. People with short term memories think Auba and Laca are the problem when the team only creates 1 or 2 chances per game. Before Arteta introduced his restrictive and boring tactics this team had no issues scoring goals.

Welbeck mkII isn't going to fix the lack of creativity and a LW Auba chasing fullbacks.

We don't create chances but we crosse like maniacs at time and there is never someone at the penalty spot to actually score goal.

If we gonna persist with these horrible tactics we need a pure number 9 who's gonna be there to score. Laca plays too deep and Auba' is on the left.

A pure number 9 like Tammy totally makes sense as long as Arteta is here... I would take even Dolberg. Any Target Man would be helpful.

roz

Fake News Merchant
They can't predict future he is our main striker and he scored 70 goals before signing new contract you just hope he can rediscover his finishing touch that currently lacking
You don’t have to predict the future to be able to realise that a 31 year old Aubemeyang is going to decline.

Weren’t there loads of stats saying he was out performing his expected goal stats prior to the new contract?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

This is what we need to fix. Thats why RB CM and AM are biggest priorities imo. Auba and Laca will finish chances if they can get into the box more.

Can we upgrade on them? Sure, but we aren’t creating enough for them as it stands. If we upgrade in CF we need to be adding power and heading ability. We keep crossing into the box, but Auba is poor and Laca average when it comes to aerial crosses.

Thats also where the rose tinted hind sight glasses for Giroud come from. The guy was a perfect target man to sub on if things didn’t go well over the ground. We severely miss that plan B.

field442

Trusted ⭐
This is what we need to fix. Thats why RB CM and AM are biggest priorities imo. Auba and Laca will finish chances if they can get into the box more.

Can we upgrade on them? Sure, but we aren’t creating enough for them as it stands. If we upgrade in CF we need to be adding power and heading ability. We keep crossing into the box, but Auba is poor and Laca average when it comes to aerial crosses.

Thats also where the rose tinted hind sight glasses for Giroud come from. The guy was a perfect target man to sub on if things didn’t go well over the ground. We severely miss that plan B.

Those signings you mention aren’t fixing anything though. We don’t create chances because of the way the manager sets his team up. Tierney stays so wide any cross he attempts is almost from the sidelines. Lacazette drops so deep that we never have anyone in support if there’s even a hint of a counter. All the forwards are static and come to the ball rather than try and make runs in behind. We could have prime Özil there and he wouldn’t be picking out any passes.

To be honest it’s pointless arguing over who or what signings are going to help us get better. That won’t really happen until the manager is gone (or he bangs his head and has a complete change of philosophy).

Macho

Dusted 🔻

To be honest it’s pointless arguing over who or what signings are going to help us get better. That won’t really happen until the manager is gone (or he bangs his head and has a complete change of philosophy).
I've been saying this all summer and that's why I was always against giving Arteta loads of funds. I'd rather we just took our top 8 finish on the chin and just bank on an upfront solution emerging internally. Instead of spending x amount and Mikel getting fired mid season anyways.

I could fully see the next manager coming in, seeing Ramsdale, Abraham and whoever and thinking wtf - I need a new team.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Those signings you mention aren’t fixing anything though. We don’t create chances because of the way the manager sets his team up. Tierney stays so wide any cross he attempts is almost from the sidelines. Lacazette drops so deep that we never have anyone in support if there’s even a hint of a counter. All the forwards are static and come to the ball rather than try and make runs in behind. We could have prime Özil there and he wouldn’t be picking out any passes.

Let me start off saying I agree with you the current way Mikel has us playing isn’t helping. I do think it’s partially due to the players available.

The problem with Lacazette is he drops deep as nothing really comes from midfield. We are static and never really break through lines.

Cazorla was amazing at controlling the game and moving the play forward. Xhaka does the same job but slower and sideways and he doesn’t handle pressure well. It’s easy to setup vs a Xhaka as he isn’t a great dribbler. He is a passing man. Good option in rotation to switch play if more space opens up, but poor vs low blocks.

We need a fast technical CM upgrade for that role. Partey is great at breaking through and has a good pass, but lacks a proper partner. Perhaps Sambi can fill in somewhat, but not sure about his creative side.

Our RB’s lack technical ability and attacking nous going forward. Chambers has looked good because he at least attempts to overlap and has a decent cross. Tierney makes countless runs overlapping constantly and trying to beat his man. His crosses are rarely met though, because usually we have Auba and Laca lagging behind coming from midfield and even if they make it they’re average at crosses.

We need a Tierney Tavares type for the right side. Speed, 1v1 ability and a cross. I’m surprised we aren’t linked with any RB’s, but seeing as we have four (average ones) we can’t get rid of, it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom