• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I cant vote on this because I'm not completely against him, I'd just rather buy a 10 & 8 rather than a 10 and CF. Also Laca wont be going anywhere due to his salary and Auba cant continue on the wing contributing so little so has to play CF or not at all.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Tammy doesn't outperform Lacazette
Neves doesn't outperform Xhaka
Our targets are sh*t
Arteta and Edu are sh*t.
Laca is gone in 12 months Tammy out performs him massively next season 😄
I think he would score similar goals this season thats why it makes sense.
Xhaka was held onto because we didnt get a good enough offer.
Neves is decent

Our targets may not be exciting but unfortunately we are severely hampered by not being able to sell players & the Home grown rule.

Nobody wants to buy elneny sead, torreira etc.

Our targets may not be exciting but unfortunately we are severely hampered by not being able to sell players & the Home grown rule.
I dont think people get what a big deal this is.

Reiss & Eddie have a year left & really if sold need to be replaced in the squad by HG players hence the links to Tammy & Ramsdale.

We may have to keep hector & AMN because they are HG.
We probably also really need Chambers to sign a new contract.

Very few people unfortunately take a measured view when it comes to the reality of the situation.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What’s with you following me around and constantly quoting me with snide comments? I told you before, it’s not that deep. Chill out.
You're not that important that I would follow you. Not surprised one of your personalities thinks that, likely all of them. I just read these forums.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
AFC Homegrown players as of now -

Bellerin, White, Holding, Chambers, AMN, Nelson, Nketiah (7)

AFC foreign players as of now -

Leno, Runarsson, Tierney, Gabriel, Cedric, Mari, Kolasinac, Partey, Torreira, Lokonga, Elneny, Xhaka, Laca, Willian, Auba, Pepe (16)

Overall squad space isn't really a problem right now especially if we're signing homegrown players. There's two spots available as we speak. But obviously if we can't get ANYONE to leave that is a problem. Because then we can only make two more signings.
Again as i have mentioned in a post above
You are meant to have 8 homegrown players.

Its why we are linked to Tammy/Ramsdale/Maddison.

Eddie & Reiss have a year left. We really need to replace with HG players.

People simply do not realise what a massive issue this is & how it makes balancing the squad so difficult.

Its why it would be excellent squad management to move on Laca & bring in Tammy

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

People simply do not realise what a massive issue this is & how it makes balancing the squad so difficult.

think we do have ESR, Saliba & Saka counting in 12 & 24 months... maybe even Martinelli but not sure if he gets the 3 years here before 21 next June

squad roles like Cedrics & Runnersons should just be cheap HG veterans like City do

dropping 30 & 40m is too much just to fill HG

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
think we do have ESR, Saliba & Saka counting in 12 & 24 months... maybe even Martinelli but not sure if he gets the 3 years here before 21 next June

squad roles like Cedrics & Runnersons should just be cheap HG veterans like City do

dropping 30 & 40m is too much just to fill HG
I agree ideally should have a 2 or 3 HG veterans for squad roles .
Thing is at rightback we have Hector/Chambers & AMN who are all homegrown and can play there.
Would love a semi decent experienced HG keeper but i cant see any available can you?
I was almost wondering if we should sign Joe Hart FFS.

Waiting for the kids to get older is not a great policy as you are kicking the can down the road. Not sure if Gabby or Saliba will qualify tbh
Its a massive issue. We brought in white, but we have sold Joe to raise funds so we are 1 in 1 out at the moment. That money really needs to go on another HG player & preferably not a RB.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette out for Abraham would be decent. Don’t really want to get into the situation where we have all three.

Having Abraham and one of the academy stars fighting it out for the CF role would be ideal.

Huge fee though, at least Welbeck was sub 20M.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You're getting your facts muddled.

You don't NEED 8 homegrown players, in fact you can have as many homegrown players as you want. One season City had 3 homegrown players in their 25 man squad.

It isn't a massive issue at all, when Kolasinac goes we'll have the squad space for 3 signings. So its actually an alright situation albeit with a bloated squad.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You're getting your facts muddled.

You don't NEED 8 homegrown players, in fact you can have as many homegrown players as you want. One season City had 3 homegrown players in their 25 man squad.

It isn't a massive issue at all, when Kolasinac goes we'll have the squad space for 3 signings. So its actually an alright situation albeit with a bloated squad.
Yes thats true 👍 Many thanks Ive just checked the rule for clarity.

However not having sufficient HG players limits your movement due to the 17 maximum non HG/squad size rule going forward especially if you are in Europe (obvs not a problem this season)
Its why English/HG tend to go for a premium & important that we retain a decent number of them & so moving on Laca for Tammy & getting a HG keeper would be a smart move.
There are also rumours that post brexit the situation may change & not for the better.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes thats true 👍 Many thanks just checked the rule. However not having sufficient HG players limits your movement due to the 17 maximum non HG/squad size rule going forward especially if you are in Europe (obvs not a problem this season)
Its why English/HG tend to go for a premium & important that we retain a decent number of them.
There are also rumours that post brexit the situation may change & not for the better.

No worries bruh.

And correct is does limit the overall squad size. However with us you have to remember we have Saka, ESR, Martinelli and Tavares who will all be part of the first team squad despite not being in the main 25.

If we sign Ramsdale as well that's one spot added. Maddison and Abraham also seem like key targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom