• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You actually dont understand basic time + numbers.

Let me break this down for you so a 5 year old could understand

We dont have the money for White right now, we will in the future.

We pay 30 million of this seasons revenue (non-covid) next year when we do have the money.

Can you understand that much?

If the owner was investing we couldve paid it all up front in one go to get a reduction - we didnt so we need the money.

Can you follow that much, or is it giving you a headache?

Honestly what are you on about 😂😂😂😂

I am actually cackling at how stupid you are sounding. So any money we spend this summer isn't actually being spent this summer hahahahahahahaha.

Someone come and get this kid seriously

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Honestly what are you on about 😂😂😂😂

I am actually cackling at how stupid you are sounding. So any money we spend this summer isn't actually being spent this summer hahahahahahahaha.

Someone come and get this kid seriously
See anyone else wouldve been trolling from a. few months ago, but its safe to assume you're actually at this mental level - even if youre not you're at least putting more energy in to trolling than the people replying :lol:

I hope for your sake youre trolling. If not... words escape me.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
See anyone else wouldve been trolling from a. few months ago, but its safe to assume you're actually at this mental level - even if youre not you're at least putting more energy in to trolling than the people replying :lol:

I hope for your sake youre trolling. If not... words escape me.

You're telling me we haven't spent a penny on Ben White this summer? Do you not see how stupid that sounds. If we go on to spend on a AM and Ramsdale what you saying? Where's that come from? Your magic ****ing money tree?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
You're telling me we haven't spent a penny on Ben White this summer? Do you not see how stupid that sounds. If we go on to spend on a AM and Ramsdale what you saying? Where's that come from? Your magic ****ing money tree?
Ok, you dont actually get it. Its like walking in to harvey norman and buying a 8k uhd tv and an apple mac pro that you cant afford. You start payments in like a month or 2. With these sums of money its different. Brighton are happy to take a guarantee of a bigger chunk of money down the line than not get it at all. they can then turn around and do the same to their targets. Its similar to how were paying for Pepe. Capeesh?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ok, you dont actually get it. Its like walking in to harvey norman and buying a 8k uhd tv and an apple mac pro that you cant afford. You start payments in like a month or 2. With these sums of money its different. Brighton are happy to take a guarantee of a bigger chunk of money down the line than not get it at all. they can then turn around and do the same to their targets. Its similar to how were paying for Pepe. Capeesh?

No. We paid for Pepe in 5 installments which is normal for a big transfer. Just like United are paying in installments for Sancho. Its normal for a big transfer to be paid in that Manor.

Once again, the Athletic specifically said that Ben White has taken up a chunk of our transfer budget. Why would they say that if, like you're saying, we've just signed him for free.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
No. We paid for Pepe in 5 installments which is normal for a big transfer. Just like United are paying in installments for Sancho. Its normal for a big transfer to be paid in that Manor.

Once again, the Athletic specifically said that Ben White has taken up a chunk of our transfer budget. Why would they say that if, like you're saying, we've just signed him for free.
Ive explained in edu thread - it takes up the ability to get in a transfer this year but pay for it over next few years. Which limits who you can bring in this year.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ive explained in edu thread - it takes up the ability to get in a transfer this year but pay for it over next few years. Which limits who you can bring in this year.

I'll come back to this and have a convo with you once we've spent even more money that you think isn't being spent.

Liam_Og

A payment deferral is the term you are looking for.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
6 years is crazy. What if Newcastle is relegated this season?

Only makes sense if there's any relegation release clause
Perhaps the agent really doesnt rate Joe and so is simply trying to get his client the longest deal possible lol 😜 🤣

On a serious note, I believe the original stumbling block over terms was not wage related so it was likely to be something like a deal for a release clause option if relegated or say a club offering European Football came in for him etc.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Perhaps the agent really doesnt rate Joe and so is simply trying to get his client the longest deal possible lol 😜 🤣

On a serious note, I believe the original stumbling block over terms was not wage related so it was likely to be something like a deal for a release clause option if relegated or say a club offering European Football came in for him etc.
If Arsenal get champions league :rolleyes:
It started with Europa league but they were afraid Conte would come in 🤔

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If Arsenal get champions league :rolleyes:
It started with Europa league but they were afraid Conte would come in 🤔
😱 I understand everyone is frustrated but there are always implications. Talk is that we are in the red for around £200m on previous transfers.
Most big transfer fees are staggered but we have not brought in very much money at all from sales in the last 6 or 7 years compared to our outgoings.

Its not like we are skint & need to have a fire sale like some European clubs but we certainly have to bring in some cash to help balance the equation.
We are not Man C, Chelsea or PSG.
Kroenkes run this as a business.

Legend14

Established Member
😱 I understand everyone is frustrated but there are always implications. Talk is that we are in the red for around £200m on previous transfers.
Most big transfer fees are staggered but we have not brought in very much money from sales in the last 6 or 7 years compared to our outgoings.

Its not like we are skint & need to have a fire sale but we certainly have to bring in some cash.
We did not set the overhaul expectations. Arteta and Edu did.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Every thread there is someone having an argument with Hairspray.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'll come back to this and have a convo with you once we've spent even more money that you think isn't being spent.
This was an entertaining convo. The easiest way to see how much money we have is look at our financial statements. We recorded a £47m loss in the year before the pandemic.

We then signed Partey for £45m cash, made mass staff redundancies, took a £100m government loan and paid players to leave. All this while still paying off the Pepe transfer, missing a full season of £100m gate receipts and failing to qualify for Europe.

It’s reasonable to surmise that we are spending money from our future manager’s budget.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We did not set the overhaul expectations. Arteta and Edu did.
Yeah I totally get that.
However tbf i dont think they envisaged how difficult it would be due to the pandemic.
Any half intelligent person can see our squad is not where it needs to be.
They will have a budget for the summer & have been told anything extra must come from sales.
If people wont pay coin for our players we/they are limited in what can be done.

Its not what fans want to hear
but Its the simple reality.

Kronkes were never gonna say heres £500m go out and rebuild the squad we want to compete with the big guns.

What do you seriously expect edu/arteta to say?

'The squad is full of deadwood we cant shift and we dont have the money to compete'.

No of course they cant say that, they will say the owners have said they will put money in to help rebuild the squad (which is true).

Unfortunately it wont be enough.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Most big transfer fees are staggered but we have not brought in very much money at all from sales in the last 6 or 7 years compared to our outgoings.

Its not like we are skint & need to have a fire sale like some European clubs but we certainly have to bring in some cash to help balance the equation.
Im lost, what has that to do with the post you're replying to?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yeah I totally get that.
However tbf i dont think they envisaged how difficult it would be due to the pandemic.
Any half intelligent person can see our squad is not where it needs to be.
They will have a budget for the summer & have been told anything extra must come from sales.
If people wont pay coin for our players we/they are limited in what can be done.

Its not what fans want to hear
but Its the simple reality.

Kronkes were never gonna say heres £500m go out and rebuild the squad we want to compete with the big guns.

What do you seriously expect edu/arteta to say?

'The squad is full of deadwood we cant shift and we dont have the money to compete'.

No of course they cant say that, they will say the owners have said they will put money in to help rebuild the squad (which is true).

Unfortunately it wont be enough.
Some goes back to last year - such as Willian etc. but lets leave that aside.

Most fans wanted sensible transfers that improved the squad, Beundia + Aouar wouldve totally changed the look of the midfield and given us serious options, instead were still after Ødegaard who may or may not join for probably the same price. Then they've spent 50 million on a position we aren't struggling in, its hard to see how they're going to build the club back up with their current transfers.

Now because the dogs in the street could see our players were never going to sell, everyone assumed with the way Arteta and Edu were talking and saying the Kroenke's backed the club that a sizeable investment would be forthcoming - not 500 million - but enough for at least 2 top class players. Apparently there was no large investment so now its looking like they're a pair of idiots who live in another world, dreaming that anyone wanted our deadwood that have dragged us to 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom