• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Im lost, what has that to do with the post you're replying to?
Im not really sure what your post meant re conte & the Champions League to be totally honest.
I saw you had a long debate with hairspray felt you was frustrated so just thought i would show empathy for your mood & stick something out there lol. 🤣 .

Just trying to show that to some degree or other everyone is frustrated.
Hey, Its the thought that counts👍😄

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Im not really sure what your post meant re conte & the Champions League to be totally honest.
I saw you had a long debate with hairspray felt you was frustrated so just thought i would show empathy for your mood & stick something out there lol. 🤣 .

Just trying to show that to some degree or other everyone is frustrated.
Hey, Its the thought that counts👍😄
It was me making a joke about release clause for Europa league being seen as a somewhat unrealistic target this year unless someone lke Conte came in.

There was no debate with hairspray, it just explaining some basic things like deferred payments.

Im fkin pissed tbh at how the club is being run by tweedledum and tweedledee atm. Maybe they'll turn it around who knows.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Some goes back to last year - such as Willian etc. but lets leave that aside.

Most fans wanted sensible transfers that improved the squad, Beundia + Aouar wouldve totally changed the look of the midfield and given us serious options, instead were still after Ødegaard who may or may not join for probably the same price. Then they've spent 50 million on a position we aren't struggling in, its hard to see how they're going to build the club back up with their current transfers.

Now because the dogs in the street could see our players were never going to sell, everyone assumed with the way Arteta and Edu were talking and saying the Kroenke's backed the club that a sizeable investment would be forthcoming - not 500 million - but enough for at least 2 top class players. Apparently there was no large investment so now its looking like they're a pair of idiots who live in another world, dreaming that anyone wanted our deadwood that have dragged us to 8th.
I think we likely had investment for 2 top class players. Say the budget was 100m + any sales that is 2 x £50m players White & Ode or similar.

I get your point about was it the right thing to bring in White.
I think the fact he can play DM and that Arteta sees a ball progressing CB with pace as integral to his 'final plan' was why it was done.
I guess the worry was if we dont get him now we may not in the future & Arteta saw how we struggled playing out with no Luiz.

Legend14

Established Member
Yeah I totally get that.
However tbf i dont think they envisaged how difficult it would be due to the pandemic.
Any half intelligent person can see our squad is not where it needs to be.
They will have a budget for the summer & have been told anything extra must come from sales.
If people wont pay coin for our players we/they are limited in what can be done.

Its not what fans want to hear
but Its the simple reality.

Kronkes were never gonna say heres £500m go out and rebuild the squad we want to compete with the big guns.

What do you seriously expect edu/arteta to say?

'The squad is full of deadwood we cant shift and we dont have the money to compete'.

No of course they cant say that, they will say the owners have said they will put money in to help rebuild the squad (which is true).

Unfortunately it wont be enough.
We knew we could not get rid of the baggage, short of a fire sale. It is a sunk cost. Sell at market value and bring quality in. The alternative is to play and pay them and remain a mediocre club.

Selling players for a profit is not a prerequisite here, getting rid of players to create space is. See last window.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It was me making a joke about release clause for Europa league being seen as a somewhat unrealistic target this year unless someone lke Conte came in.
Ah I see👍 i meant that Willock would likely want a release clause from Newcastle to go to another club (in the future) that could offer him European football.
Conte imho would not risk his reputation to come back to England unless he felt he would be able to Challenge the very top teams.
He turned down Sp**s- He aint stupid he knows how hard it is to compete with Man C & Chelsea.
He would want a massive transfer budget to even consider going to anyone outside the top 4.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The initial budget was £150M. Supplemented by any sales. The aim was to overhaul with about 200-250M with sales. However that hasn't happened due to Bellerin, Xhaka and Laca not budging.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You actually dont understand basic time + numbers.

Let me break this down for you so a 5 year old could understand

We dont have the money for White right now, we will in the future.

We pay 30 million of this seasons revenue (non-covid) next year when we do have the money.

Can you understand that much?

If the owner was investing we couldve paid it all up front in one go to get a reduction - we didnt so we need the money.

Can you follow that much, or is it giving you a headache?
It will still hit our books as transfer fees and wages are amortized over the term of the contract. £50m/4+£6m=£18.5m hitting our books this season as an expenditure.

tcahill

You actually dont understand basic time + numbers.

Let me break this down for you so a 5 year old could understand

We dont have the money for White right now, we will in the future.

We pay 30 million of this seasons revenue (non-covid) next year when we do have the money.

Can you understand that much?

If the owner was investing we couldve paid it all up front in one go to get a reduction - we didnt so we need the money.

Can you follow that much, or is it giving you a headache?

Pretty sure every transfer is in installments bar release clauses.

By your logic Pepe's transfer two seasons ago is eating into our current budget.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Pretty sure every transfer is in installments bar release clauses.

By your logic Pepe's transfer two seasons ago is eating into our current budget.
Yep. So basically every transfer is eating up into the budget of coming years. In accounting it's called amortization, I believe. Basically a player goes on the balance sheet for fee+wages over the duration of the initial contract and the installments are mostly just relevant for the liquidity of the club.

Therefore, it's idiotic to have all these discussions like 'yeah but we paid him in installments so he costs us only €20 this year' and then never talk about it again whereas the club will be paying that installment a couple of times long after we forget about it.

Since this isn't an accounting forum, I'd suggest we just focus on net spend and let the finance guys worry about the exact installment issues.

tcahill

Yep. So basically every transfer is eating up into the budget of coming years. In accounting it's called amortization, I believe. Basically a player goes on the balance sheet for fee+wages over the duration of the initial contract and the installments are mostly just relevant for the liquidity of the club.

Therefore, it's idiotic to have all these discussions like 'yeah but we paid him in installments so he costs us only €20 this year' and then never talk about it again whereas the club will be paying that installment a couple of times long after we forget about it.

Since this isn't an accounting forum, I'd suggest we just focus on net spend and let the finance guys worry about the exact installment issues.

Exactly my point, you put it a lot better than I did :lol:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hopefully willock continues his development i don't wanna hear everytime he score you moan about it the fact we got 90m from emi Willock and Iwobi is big W for academy
You have not chance at that happening. The moaning will be constant thread here no matter what. No matter how much one tries to speak common sense about the situations.

I have my ignore button ready to fire.

Stephen Colbert Finger Guns GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom