• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wow Fabrizio has suddenly changed his tune :lol: :lol: :lol:

@field442 your boy starting to flip flop. What a stupid tweet, if they can't get the cheaper option in Ødegaard the more expensive guy is an option.
After Källström I wouldn't be surprised if this club went for Maddison. He would just cost tens of millions more.

Token Yank

If Ødegaard comes in, curious how we set up in the front four if we stick with a 4231 (assuming no other big moves):

- One of Auba or Laca at central striker
- Saka at LW, Pepe at RW (or Auba at LW, Saka/Pepe at RW)
- Ødegaard or ESR at CAM

Where does ESR fit best if Odegarrd is first choice at CAM? Who are the odd men out?

I'm wondering if 352 makes more sense - with Saka and ESR as wingbacks, Ødegaard at CAM, and two of Auba/Laca/Pepe at forward.
Against good teams would probably do 3 of ESR/Saka/Ødegaard/Pepe behind Auba. Against the scrub bus parking teams could do 4-3-3 with Partey at base, ESR and Ode in front of him, with Pepe, Auba, Saka. But it's Arteta we are talking about. Will probably **** up every lineup and bench Pepe.

SlyFox

Maddison was in and out of the side towards the end of last season due to problems with Brenda. Look I'm not saying he's the best playmaker in the world, but we'll agree to disagree on what Arsenal needs. We can both agree both Maddison and Ødegaard would add things we currently don't have and therefore both would be excellent signings.

I think we would still need more but its on the right track.
I don’t know how many times this needs repeating, he was in and out of the team because when he came back from injury he wasn’t very good.

SlyFox

Maddison still No.1 target according to The Bell. This MF’ing club! Ødegaard is right there, a better, younger player, for less money, and they are still holding out hope to sign a player who couldn’t last 90 minutes before having a reoccurring injury?

I blame the fan base for this one. They are still pushing for Maddison for some unknown reason.
Does your club realise that if you do actually want to buy him, leaving it until the last few weeks is just going to add more to the cost.

You’ll get absolutely rinsed. :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This would be such an anti climax. Barely moves the needle. Moves ESR to the wing, and now we have to watch Ødegaard start every single game due to Arteta's promises.

ESR, Ødegaard, Saka and a misfiring Auba. Where are our goals coming from?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This would be such an anti climax. Barely moves the needle. Moves ESR to the wing, and now we have to watch Ødegaard start every single game due to Arteta's promises.

I mean you can argue this point for any AM we sign. Unless we go and nab Bruno nobody is getting double figures in goals for us at AM.

ESR needs to up his game as does Saka! And then we will need to be looking at a striker signing if Laca goes to take the burden off Auba.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I mean you can argue this point for any AM we sign. Unless we go and nab Bruno nobody is getting double figures in goals for us at AM.

ESR needs to up his game as does Saka! And then we will need to be looking at a striker signing if Laca goes to take the burden off Auba.
I think Nkunku would have had the potential to be a 8-10+ goals a PL season player here. He’s been my low key no.1 target since Buendia went to Villa.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hate the term 'moves the needle' it's been everywhere this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom