• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

80m could have funded Lautaro and Onana whilst keeping the vastly superior defender in Saliba. Areta and Edu are criminals.
Only if you could trick Lautaro into signing for us. To make it worth his while with the inferior taxes in England you'd have to offer him north of 200k.

Calling Saliba vastly superior: you havent watched him play, right?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Only if you could trick Lautaro into signing for us. To make it worth his while with the inferior taxes in England you'd have to offer him north of 200k.
We built the Emirates allegedly to be competitive. That shouldn't and wouldn't be an issue if we didn't keep wasting money on garbage players and then extending their contracts after their value has plummeted thus ensuring a wage bill that isn't commensurate with the level of players on it.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Please don’t say you believe this 3rd in the league position stuff?

It’s RAWK-esque when they used to make their own league after January during those transition years at Anfield.
It isn't even true. You have to look at a very specific time frame to get the 3rd in the table claim. You have to start from the game we beat Chelsea 3-1 on matchday 15. (Such a random date, not half season but about 40% into the league season). Conveniently that deletes the relegation form months from us while at the same time includes our rivals bad form, lampard pissing away points and being fired, Mourinho self destruction mode and subsequently being fired too, Liverpool having an incredible injury crisis that forces them to field Fabinho and Henderson as CB's etc.

The table should ideally be only looked as over the whole season but even if we look at half the season we come out 6th during the second half. Same with if we count when Ode joined. He made his debut late on against United on Matchday 21. If we start from that date we still come 6th behind City, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool and Man Utd.

It isn't even true. You have to look at a very specific time frame to get the 3rd in the table claim. You have to start from the game we beat Chelsea 3-1 on matchday 15. (Such a random date, not half season but about 40% into the league season). Conveniently that deletes the relegation form months from us while at the same time includes our rivals bad form, lampard pissing away points and being fired, Mourinho self destruction mode and subsequently being fired too, Liverpool having an incredible injury crisis that forces them to field Fabinho and Henderson as CB's etc.
The table should ideally be only looked as over the whole season but even if we look at half the season we come out 6th during the second half. Same with if we count when Ode joined. He made his debut late on against United on Matchday 21. If we start from that date we still come 6th behind City, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool and Man Utd.
Why are you so insistant on dismissing a pretty straight forward situation? When ESR slotted into that role, the team was much better and consequently one of the top teams after that..you’re peddling this notion that someone is using these obscure stats to fit their narrative…it’s pretty simple and that’s not to excuse the shambolic first part of the season but it’s quite clear how much improvement their was…the Ødegaard hate is also starting to get a bit ridiculous…he’s 22 years old and he still has an incredibly high ceiling and great attitude by all accounts…you gotta have some sort of agenda if you aren’t even willing to give him a chance for ****s sake

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Good player, happy to get him in. Unlike a lot of people here I think the squad we have is good. Slightly unbalanced in some areas and we still need a good RB but a lot to work with if we had a decent manager. I genuinely think we should be able to put in a challenge for top 4 if we got the maximum out of most players.

Proven goalscorers like Auba and Laca and hopefully Pepe. Great potential in young players like Saka, ESR and Martinelli to kick on. More to come from Partey and Gabriel in their 2nd season.

All of that won't matter much though if Arteta doesn't sort himself out and manage the team properly.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Why are you so insistant on dismissing a pretty straight forward situation? When ESR slotted into that role, the team was much better and consequently one of the top teams after that..you’re peddling this notion that someone is using these obscure stats to fit their narrative…it’s pretty simple and that’s not to excuse the shambolic first part of the season but it’s quite clear how much improvement their was…the Ødegaard hate is also starting to get a bit ridiculous…he’s 22 years old and he still has an incredibly high ceiling and great attitude by all accounts…you gotta have some sort of agenda if you aren’t even willing to give him a chance for ****s sake
What you on about? I like Ødegaard, have been saying that all summer that we get him in.

I just pointed out the 3rd in the table second half of the season stuff is a little bit misleading.

Kav

Established Member
I don’t mind this transfer. Decent price, lots of upsides. Can play a few positions. Hopefully he gets settled quickly.

mirrorstare

It is indeed straightforward. The narrative is wrong and he proved so.

tcahill

We’ve weakened the team by selling willock and signing this guy. No other word for this other than underwhelming
I gotta ask, why do you think this? Ødegaard has had more good PL games for Arsenal in six months than Willock has had in 4 years.

Badger_Revenge

Wow. Interesting to read different takes on an obviously talented player that made Arsenal better, as did ESR, Saka, Gabriel. Honestly I didn't think Arsenal would have a shot at bringing him back without European football after what he showed last year. We're lucky Modric and Kroos are in his way.

I think a lot of the slack this guy gets is due to the remaining elements of the squad that weren't good enough last year, and maybe what people want to see happen re the manager. Don't think the problem was down to Ødegaard. He was a bright spot. Glad to have him back, especially if Arteta and the team can adapt to his presence.

Batman

Wow. Interesting to read different takes on an obviously talented player that made Arsenal better, as did ESR, Saka, Gabriel. Honestly I didn't think Arsenal would have a shot at bringing him back without European football after what he showed last year. We're lucky Modric and Kroos are in his way.

I think a lot of the slack this guy gets is due to the remaining elements of the squad that weren't good enough last year, and maybe what people want to see happen re the manager. Don't think the problem was down to Ødegaard. He was a bright spot. Glad to have him back, especially if Arteta and the team can adapt to his presence.
He's unquestionably one of the bright young talents in the world and it's a small miracle that he's been so mismanaged at Madrid that he's fallen into our laps. Frankly in our present state we shouldn't even be able to sign him, especially with Clownteta in charge. His impact will be limited somewhat by the idiot manager but he will improve us immediately and his impact will be greater once someone with sense takes the reigns. For once, this is a signing that makes sense on all fronts. He fills a need, he's the right age and profile and we're getting him for a bargain. The only sadness I have is that I can imagine someone on the Marseille forum will be posting these same sentiments in French about Saliba this time next year if this lunatic keeps his job.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He's unquestionably one of the bright young talents in the world and it's a small miracle that he's been so mismanaged at Madrid that he's fallen into our laps. Frankly in our present state we shouldn't even be able to sign him, especially with Clownteta in charge. His impact will be limited somewhat by the idiot manager but he will improve us immediately and his impact will be greater once someone with sense takes the reigns. For once, this is a signing that makes sense on all fronts. He fills a need, he's the right age and profile and we're getting him for a bargain. The only sadness I have is that I can imagine someone on the Marseille forum will be posting these same sentiments in French about Saliba this time next year if this lunatic keeps his job.
Hoping for new manager to come in and unlock his potential. He didn't wow me on his loan....but we know he has talent. Something is wrong on how we let go of a homegrown PL player for less than we are buying MO.

If Ødegaard hit double digits like Willock last season, then he would worth what they are asking.

Batman

Hoping for new manager to come in and unlock his potential. He didn't wow me on his loan....but we know he has talent. Something is wrong on how we let go of a homegrown PL player for less than we are buying MO.

If Ødegaard hit double digits like Willock last season, then he would worth what they are asking.
He was very good until he got injured and this was in spite of the rest of the team largely misfiring. Everyone crying about Willock leaving is doing so because of 7 good games in someone else's shirt and they can't actually point to an instance where he performed well in ours. If you gave pretty much every club on the planet the option to sign Ødegaard at the quoted price or Willock for 25 million, nobody would choose Willock, Newcastle included. Ødegaard is an entirely different sort of player anyway. He's going to dictate tempo and pull strings whereas Willock is largely useless when he's not scoring which outside of a purple patch at Newcastle is most of the time. I do agree though, a better manager can only improve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom