• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He was very good until he got injured and this was in spite of the rest of the team largely misfiring. Everyone crying about Willock leaving is doing so because of 7 good games in someone else's shirt and they can't actually point to an instance where he performed well in ours. If you gave pretty much every club on the planet the option to sign Ødegaard at the quoted price or Willock for 25 million, nobody would choose Willock, Newcastle included. Ødegaard is an entirely different sort of player anyway. He's going to dictate tempo and pull strings whereas Willock is largely useless when he's not scoring which outside of a purple patch at Newcastle is most of the time. I do agree though, a better manager can only improve him.
Odeegards needs to be effective however when dictating. This means, he needs to be more cut throat. For me, he didn't stand out or demand the ball. If he wants to dictate, then do it like a Modric and Carzorla. That's what we need.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Odeegards needs to be effective however when dictating. This means, he needs to be more cut throat. For me, he didn't stand out or demand the ball. If he wants to dictate, then do it like a Modric and Carzorla. That's what we need.
He's 22 being managed by Arteta and having to attempt to elevate the likes of Xhaka and the ghost of Auba while adapting to the PL. Cazorla and Modric wouldn't have looked any better under the circumstances he walked into. Let the boy actually settle in properly and assert himself over the course of a full season. He made the difference in several matches last year even with all he had to contend with and I'm quite confident he can do the same now he's actually got a permanent home.

blrgooner

Established Member
It's not even 3rd, since Ødegaard signed our league position was 6th (and on xpts.. 8th)

We're basically confirming our midtable aspirations here, nothing else.
Ode made his first start for us on mid Feb against leeds. We are 4th in xpts after that and 2 In league position I think after that.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He's 22 being managed by Arteta and having to attempt to elevate the likes of Xhaka and the ghost of Auba while adapting to the PL. Cazorla and Modric wouldn't have looked any better under the circumstances he walked into. Let the boy actually settle in properly and assert himself over the course of a full season. He made the difference in several matches last year even with all he had to contend with and I'm quite confident he can do the same now he's actually got a permanent home.
I don't agree but I will root for him for sure. Just don't have any faith with Arteta any signings will make any positive impact.

I'm so Arteta OUT

LG10

I gotta ask, why do you think this? Ødegaard has had more good PL games for Arsenal in six months than Willock has had in 4 years.
Willock barely played for us, he's a world class talent. Scored in 7 pl games in a row, Ødegaard probably won't get to 7 league goals with us in his first 2 seasons.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I get absolutely slaughtered on here for name calling and guys like you can just casually do it because you're trusted?

Cya later. I'm out of here, not down for that at all. How does a trusted human on a forum get away with that? Disgrace.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m gonna support him despite my fears because unlike most of our signings. Him and Lokonga look like good sense signings. However, his output has to increase. If he doesn’t get better g/a numbers than Buendia, Maddison or Willock. I’m gonna cuss him out and none of you can stop me.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He was very good until he got injured and this was in spite of the rest of the team largely misfiring. Everyone crying about Willock leaving is doing so because of 7 good games in someone else's shirt and they can't actually point to an instance where he performed well in ours. If you gave pretty much every club on the planet the option to sign Ødegaard at the quoted price or Willock for 25 million, nobody would choose Willock, Newcastle included. Ødegaard is an entirely different sort of player anyway. He's going to dictate tempo and pull strings whereas Willock is largely useless when he's not scoring which outside of a purple patch at Newcastle is most of the time. I do agree though, a better manager can only improve him.
Agree with this about Ødegaard; we look like a better attack with him connecting the midfield and forwards. Only critiscm is we need more goals, whilst his play with help with that, it would be nice to have an AM who could actively contribute with goals.

Batman

Can't take anyone who disagrees with this seriously
If Willock is a World Class talent, how does he only have interest from Newcastle and only go for 25 million when he's homegrown and English and someone like Ben White went for double? Explain that one.

Batman

Agree with this about Ødegaard; we look like a better attack with him connecting the midfield and forwards. Only critiscm is we need more goals, whilst his play with help with that, it would be nice to have an AM who could actively contribute with goals.
Of course, that's always nice. I think it all comes back to management though. If the manager is actually putting the strikers and wide forwards in position to succeed then we're not so desperate for the creative players to have to chip in goals. Arteta's system (if it can even be called that) doesn't exactly put anyone in great positions to score. When 3/4s of our attacks result in Tierney crossing to nobody in the box, I don't see how we're expecting anyone to chip in with goals. ESR, Saka and Ødegaard are all behind the 8 ball in that regard because the system is so one dimensional and doesn't compliment our players. All 3 under better management could probably chip in more goals. None are short of talent or ball striking ability.

Lebron

This is a big big signing that is going under the radar. Every team needs that creative fulcrum, I have faith in Ode, at time when we pinned teams back he stepped up and his passing into the final third was elite. He can take up the right side space too, don’t worry Pepe will be able to make runs into the box instead of always dribbling too far out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom