• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners1616

Excellent deal for a 22y.o international and captain with a high ceiling.

Now let's finish the job...

giphy.gif

Kysus

I disagree. I think in terms of hold up play, back to goal he is the best prospect we have. He is good at protecting the ball.

In terms of instincts. All he wants to do is score. He can create his own chances, but he can also get on the end of them. That chance he had vs Brentford from the Raya save. He makes keeps up with the attack because he has the pace. Lacazette wouldn't have even got into the box. He runs towards both central defenders and perfectly times his sprint to divert away and run towards the cut back meeting the ball with perfect timing. If that isn't instinct I don't know what is. Pepe is also pretty strong in the air.

I rewatched the last 20 minutes after he went to centre forward. Pepe moves around ALOT. He fakes, he makes decoy runs, he shows deep and spins off, he sprints into the box.

He could be Van Persie like if we actually had the faith in him and gave him a run of games there. I remember RVP talking about moving to CF and thinking he couldn't do. He said Wenger had complete faith in him to play there.

Arteta has never shown that faith in Pepe before though, but he has the tools to play there.

Saka--------------Pepe-------------ESR
-------------------Ødegaard

That is pretty fluid.
You eliminate Pepe by making him face his own goal in tight spaces, his decision making is totally off in that case and he loses the ball a lot. It's his biggest weakness which we would exaggerate by playing him as ST. Pepe needs to face the goal and space to run into, makes him unplayable(which is why he worked so well in Lille's setup)

OTOH both Saka and ESR are elite when pressed with their back to goal and therefore are much better suited for the false 9

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Two reasons I love this:

1) It’s not Maddison
2) Fee is ridiculously good

Might not get goals and assists but I’m sure his on/off stats will be great. Elite build up play from
most metrics so hopefully helps us build quality chances through Saka and Pepe for Auba.
Nah he needs to score and assist a lot, same for ESR and Saka - need big improvement this season.

55 league goals last season. 😭

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Great signing though, now let's buff up the midfield with Aouar, his attitude is shocking and his agents a greedy cnt but no doubting his quality.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Fee between €35M and €40M?

If we get it done for that amount then that's really great.

Whilst I don't think Ødegaard was spectacular (outside of the West Ham game), he clearly has room to grow and is still very young.

Ramsdale is still dogsh!t though so I hope that falls through, if I have to sacrifice a chicken or goat to ensure it doesn't succeed then I will.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nah he needs to score and assist a lot, same for ESR and Saka - need big improvement this season.

55 league goals last season. 😭
They all know how to pass, and especially Ødegaard and ESR how to shoot. Pepe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom