• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Over

@Gunner boy dd @Game Over @HairSprayGooners we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all! @Malky can you hear me? @Malky Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

I'm double vaccinated too. Idiot.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Love seeing ode back. Clearly knows what it means to play for us and wants to play regularly. He’s at the perfect age too.

I’m certain he will be a crowd favourite when he makes his second debut. Now a few more similar signings up front and we will be back on the right track

Majora

Whether you rate him or not, it’s a great price. Can probably resell him for the same price even if he comes and stinks the place out, given his age, experience and national team captaincy.

For the record, I think it’s a pretty safe signing and that he improves us. I think some are just upset that it doesn’t have a shiny new toy feel because he was here last year, but got to remember that he wasn’t ours. Signing him permanently IS an improvement over the same lineup where we conveniently pretend that he’s not heading back to Madrid after a few months.

IMO If Leicester done this deal, we’d all be moaning that we should have been all over it and that we aren’t smart enough in the market.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I said something similar myself, I thought not putting an option to buy or some sort of clause was amateur.

Infact, because of that there was a whole summer of will he/won't he as Ødegaard ended up holding out to see if he would play for RM. Worked out in the end though, I am a fan so glad he is here.
I was sure we were interested on the long term and fought against people who were saying we were getting mugged off and how this isn't what big clubs do. It was only ever down the Madrid and how much they valued him, but when he went back I thought all was lost tbh. We played the long game and kind of won. Fair play to the club and Madrid. Not sure what competition we faced though. Don't really care, I rated what saw of him and for his age, we aren't doing better than that for the money until we start acting like a football team again.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah he needs to score and assist a lot, same for ESR and Saka - need big improvement this season.

55 league goals last season. 😭
Yeah even if Auba returns (which is 50/50 at this point) we need like twenty extra goals and I'm just not sure where those will come from if Arteta plays ESR-Ode-Saka behind Auba/Laca which is what I'm sure will happen. I can see him realising this and chucking Pepe back in later on in the season but by then it will be too late.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

For me an easier way to tell that they don't know ball is if they say stuff like Rob Holding should've been picked for England and is better than the CBs they picked, or Rob Holding is better with his feet than Ben White (this one still cracks me up haha), or Ødegaard is only good enough to be ESR's backup 🤪
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Anyone know who’s been using @Trilly’s account? The posting has been horrendous for a while. Hope he’s not been kidnapped. @Trilly

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That'll be helpful when he's attending the sex parties with Laca and Aubameyang.
Hahah. The man is a devout christian, so will likely mostly go to church on Sundays with Tierney, ESR and Saka.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No more b*m Leicester fans invading the forum.
They must be super happy with their unsettled playmaker.

I actually like that Bell pushed those rumours so we made Leicester's life a little bit harder.

Might have been the plan all along.

myoldarsenal

Whether you rate him or not, it’s a great price. Can probably resell him for the same price even if he comes and stinks the place out, given his age, experience and national team captaincy.

For the record, I think it’s a pretty safe signing and that he improves us. I think some are just upset that it doesn’t have a shiny new toy feel because he was here last year, but got to remember that he wasn’t ours. Signing him permanently IS an improvement over the same lineup where we conveniently pretend that he’s not heading back to Madrid after a few months.

IMO If Leicester done this deal, we’d all be moaning that we should have been all over it and that we aren’t smart enough in the market.
Do you feel though he is someone who vastly improves us? I don't know what to make of him. He showed flashes but that's all.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The lack of a buy clause was never a big deal for us. The plan was get him keen and make him want the Arsenal. He must love big Mik. I've heard he's buying Özil's yard as well on tick. He should bump him.

Badger_Revenge

Ødegaard is obvious quality. His time is now. Many don't seem to appreciate how incredibly lucky Arsenal are to get him tied down long term, and at such a price.

Last season as a 21 year old he was coming off an injury when he was dropped into a struggling team as a temporary cog in a very physical league and he still managed to create a bucketload of chances in relatively few appearances. Plus, he played hard for the shirt from the start. We need those kind of characters.

Arteta now needs to figure out how to get these different attacking players to work together, and get someone to hit the damn net when chances are laid on a plate for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom