• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

jason-bateman-oh-mostdefinitely.gif
If it makes you feel better I can also admit Pepe is running out of time as well, it's his third season now. If he's not carrying his weight then what's the point.

This thread is about Torreira anyways, I've derailed it enough and I think we are all reading too much into Brentford.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I agree.

I feel like what @Macho , I and a few others wanted to prove was that the player is quality and that a lot of the hyperbolic BS flying around was just that, BS. Arsenal fans have this amazing ability to call players ****e then call the manager ****e yet somehow keep the two seperate.

I feel like last season vindicated me enough to stop waving that flag, the salty comments and backhanded compliments once he was finally allowed to perform were the equivalent of a CL winners medal for me. :lol:

With Ødegaard here I think Pepe is done, which is what Arteta's always wanted really. I don't mind what happens from this point but if a couple seasons from now we're asking for a wide player with good movement in behind that knows how to finish...I'll be laughing a lot.:lol:

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If Saka can develop an ability to score goals, which he easily still could, then we will be fine.
It's not easy at all, that's why goalscoring wingers cost so much fricking money. This is another one of those A-M myths that fly around because arguably the greatest player of all time happened to not score that many goals as a teenager so now everyone thinks you can just 'add goals' to your game.

It's the exception not the norm and while Saka is a great player, a lot of his peers/agemates have and had already shown that the ability to score goals manifests itself pretty early in a players career.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think Saka is ever going to be a prolific goalscorer.

Ironically if there's one area of the pitch Saka can sometimes lose a bit of composure, it's in front of goal. Composure can be worked on but I don't see him ever being much more than a 15 goal a season player, unless he totally blows up in front of goal.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't think Saka is ever going to be a prolific goalscorer.

Ironically if there's one area of the pitch Saka can sometimes lose a bit of composure, it's in front of goal. Composure can be worked on but I don't see him ever being much more than a 15 goal a season player, unless he totally blows up in front of goal.
We're talking the highest level of professional football here, where every player on the pitch is the equivalent of a lottery winner. I'm sure you and I could add goals to our game with a bit of training but the higher the level the harder that becomes.

It's the most sought after skill in the entire sport and I'm tempted to say it's innate, you have it or you don't tbh and it's only very loosely linked to overall ability otherwise City would give up on Kane and just stick KDB uptop.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We're talking the highest level of professional football here, where every player on the pitch is the equivalent of a lottery winner. I'm sure you and I could add goals to our game with a bit of training but the higher the level the harder that becomes.

It's the most sought after skill in the entire sport and I'm tempted to say it's innate, you have it or you don't tbh and it's only very loosely linked to overall ability otherwise City would give up on Kane and just stick KDB uptop.

I agree with you.

Particularly in this current Arsenal side it's not like Saka is going to get chances put on a plate for him every 5 minutes either.

Someone like Sterling scores a load of goals but I don't think he's a lethal finisher by any means though he's obviously worked on that side of his game. Kind of helps when you're getting 2-3 guilt edge chances a game too.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I agree with you.

Particularly in this current Arsenal side it's not like Saka is going to get chances put on a plate for him every 5 minutes either.

Someone like Sterling scores a load of goals but I don't think he's a lethal finisher by any means though he's obviously worked on that side of his game. Kind of helps when you're getting 2-3 guilt edge chances a game too.
Yeah sorry if I didn't make it clear that I was just emphasising your point. :lol:

Sterling is an almost perfect example (his pace probably helps him a little bit more and tbf the guy does seem to have a slight nose for goal even going back to his Liverpool days) of what Saka can aspire to as a goal scorer.

Having said that, if anyone can prove us all wrong, it's Saka.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Unless Pepe is developed into a CF, he is finished here...Saka-Ødegaard-ESR will be our 3 attacking midfielders, least unlike when Willian benched him last season, those 3 are actually good players.
We'll look really fluent with that forward line, but unless Auba rediscovers his form there won't be enough goals. Pepe is a bit frustrating sometimes but he's a match winner. He'll get plenty of game time both as a starter and a sub.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We'll look really fluent with that forward line, but unless Auba rediscovers his form there won't be enough goals. Pepe is a bit frustrating sometimes but he's a match winner. He'll get plenty of game time both as a starter and a sub.

I didn't mean for my "Pepe is finished" to sound like I want him to not play, think Nico is a good player.

He's done very well when you consider he has played for two managers that didn't seem to rate him.

Think he could offer a lot in the right system, just gotta hope the next manager can get the best out of him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I didn't mean for my "Pepe is finished" to sound like I want him to not play, think Nico is a good player.

He's done very well when you consider he has played for two managers that didn't seem to rate him.

Think he could offer a lot in the right system, just gotta hope the next manager can get the best out of him.
I mean let's be brutally honest here. The absolute best we can hope for is that Saka and ESR (maybe even Ødegaard) start scoring some goals. Obviously unlikely that they all click together at once but if they did it would be a sensational attack. They all potentially have another gear, so here's hoping they can push onwards

mirrorstare

Arsenal fans are amazing, they'll complain about players not caring for the club and then roast a guy for crying after losing a European final.

Some really daft stuff on these last couple of pages, apparently Mislintat should have predicted a player not enjoying the country.

Nothing beats thinking he's worse than Elneny though, that's just Stockholm syndrome talking

Reactions: A_G

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It's not easy at all, that's why goalscoring wingers cost so much fricking money. This is another one of those A-M myths that fly around because arguably the greatest player of all time happened to not score that many goals as a teenager so now everyone thinks you can just 'add goals' to your game.

It's the exception not the norm and while Saka is a great player, a lot of his peers/agemates have and had already shown that the ability to score goals manifests itself pretty early in a players career.
@Blood on the Tracks beat me to it but Sterling is a good example of a player vastly improving his goal scoring numbers. Tbf Sterling was always elite at getting into goal scoring positions, which is a skill. I'm not sure Saka has quite the same profile, though I do think he's pretty intelligent about getting into positions.

But yeah, I think Saka is more a creative wide player than a scorer. In his prime he should be aiming for 10 goals and 15 assists.

Honestly I'd prefer to keep him than Elneny

Both represent such levels of mediocrity that my brain goes more blank than Robbie Savage's at the thought of comparing them.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arsenal fans are amazing, they'll complain about players not caring for the club and then roast a guy for crying after losing a European final.
If there's one player who quite openly doesn't care about the club it's Torreira, so those tears mean f all. Now when Emi cried after we won the FA Cup is a different story, that's what you want to see.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If there's one player who quite openly doesn't care about the club it's Torreira, so those tears mean f all. Now when Emi cried after we won the FA Cup is a different story, that was what you want to see.
He was still playing for the club at the time. It was a year after that when he began to agitate to leave.

Emi cried then called a move to Aston Villa "a step up" one month later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom