• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Camus

Trusted ⭐
You don't actually know that? You aren't seeing every one of those people who have been vaccinated. With most of these vaccines the spike protein actually breaks off and travels around the body. Hence why some get things like I showed you. Its not a one off either, it's becoming more and more common.

Stop saying things with such certainty when you don't know and things will run a lot smoother.
There's no evidence that the Spike protein leaving the injection site causes any harm.

Stop saying things with such certainty when you don't know and things will run a lot smoother.

I've said quite a few times I'm all for the vaccines actually, please don't put words into my mouth. I also read the article fully, there's another source in there as well.

I'll take your apology any time. Call me an anti vaxxer and I'll have to take action though, don't spread lies about me.
No there's not. There's only one source on that page that talks about Obiang.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You don't actually know that? You aren't seeing every one of those people who have been vaccinated. With most of these vaccines the spike protein actually breaks off and travels around the body. Hence why some get things like I showed you. Its not a one off either, it's becoming more and more common.

You’re scaremongering again.

There’s an excellent post in the General Discussion section by @hydrofluoric acid, you and your antivaxxer pal need to read it.

So like with all drugs there is side effects. Its no way around it. Its why I always say you never really want to but foreign substance into your body. Its just what it is. We have to weight the pros and cons for getting the vaccine or getting covid without the vaccine. What we know is that many don't get really that sick getting covid without vaccine, but what we also know now is that the vaccine reduce that number even greater, we also know it reduce your chances of actually getting covid. Covid while it feels like influenza is still multi system sickness that is hard to predict how it will affect you. So I think the wisest opinion is having the vaccine.

You just have to remember, every side effect is booked, but most of them are very rare. Take any drugs, like ibuprofen and read the manual, it can actually cause some very brutal side effects in very few people. I had shingles earlier this summer and had to take gabapentin which is for neuronpain and when I read that manual it actually scared me to death.

So I don't really want to tell you if you should take the vaccine or not. But you just know before hand that if you're relative young and healthy, your chances of surviving the covid are very good. The vaccine will give you good chances of escaping getting covid all together and if you get it you will be almost teflon coated against it.

On a side note about the gene edition conspiracy! So one of the worry with Pfizer has been if it can edit your genes. But that is not how mRNA works. You have to look at your DNA as a book full of protein recipes well stored and protected by the nucleus in your cell. The mRNA is a copy of one of these protein recipes and travel from the nucleus to the cytoplasm where the cell machinery will make a protein from the recipe. The cytoplasm is a crazy environment for an as fragile a molecule as mRNA. It will get destroyed very quickly. The mRNA from the vaccine never enters the nucleus. It enters the cell and the cytoplasm where it gets destroyed. You have to imagine if the cell is scaled up to like the Philippines, then mRNA is just a poor lonely biker. It will never get to the nucleus to affect DNA, and even then, mRNA can't affect DNA in a reverse way.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A few years ago it sent the forum into melt down, now it’s accepted. Like nobody’s expecting top 4 any more.

When expectations are low there’s less pressure on the manager. That’s why he‘s still here and Chelsea have Tuchel instead of Lampard.

The expectations are different. Chelsea, whilst a business enterprise like any other, are a football club first & foremost. We're a glamour project for a real-estate mogul looking to diversify his holdings with no ambition of being anything other than one among 20 other clubs.

Some times winning, a lot more losing, mostly circling the drain until we cease all relevance & join the ranks of Nottingham Forest.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Week 2 of the season. Fans surround Artetas car and tell him yo leave the club. Been saying all summer this will get really ugly really quickly. I expect fans to soon enter the pitch and attack him if he doesn’t leave

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Two-nil down in the rain and it was understandable to wistfully wonder when Kanu was coming on. Even at whatever age he may be now, the scorer of a fabled recovery hat-trick against Chelsea seemed likelier to pull rabbits out of a hat than the beleaguered Arsenal of today. It is a tough reality to cede points, not unexpectedly, to opponents they could not match.

It is crystal clear how far away Arsenal are from where they once were and one day wish to be again. Quite apart from the ridicule their position in the table invites, it cuts deep that they couldn’t lay a glove on Chelsea. When Mikel Arteta first arrived at the club one thing he improved quickly was results against the leading teams — wins against Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea within a three-week period to finish his opening season on a high went a long way towards convincing his employers that he had a master plan worth backing. That touch to produce a strategically organised performance against the best eludes Arsenal now.

As Romelu Lukaku and then Reece James punctured the brief levity and excitement to be back, as the warmth and crackling volume in the air at the Emirates was snuffed out after 12 enticing minutes, Arsenal faced a predictable fate. Bad defending, bad decisions, bad luck. All in all, it felt like they existed on a different stratosphere to their slick and powerful opponents.

Arteta was quick to point out that nine “big, senior players” were unavailable. That’s a challenging situation in any event, but against the full-strength European champions, it was like an attempt to clamber up a cliff face in flip-flops.

Mitigating circumstances are not much consolation for a club who have spent heavily but find themselves second from bottom of the table, even if the season is only two weeks old. And here comes Manchester City away next weekend. Oh, happy days. Having said that, it really is debilitating for Arsenal to have their defensive platform decimated by a combination of injury and illness. Their attack has also been hit by COVID-19.

Perhaps this is not the fairest time to judge. But the crucial question worth asking is this: when might Arteta’s Arsenal look like a proper team? When is it acceptable to put to one side the ill fortune that afflicts the squad? When is it reasonable to expect points and a brighter future?

It probably won’t be next weekend in Manchester but it really needs to be quite soon after that.

How hopeful is Arteta that better times will come when he has a more balanced and fit group at his disposal? “100 per cent,” he said, with unerring directness. The absentees have been a serious frustration. “Hopefully things will get better when the players are back — and they will need some time to get back as well because they have lost a lot of football. Hopefully, we will see a different squad, a difference in the way we play and different results. The story can change. The good thing is the narrative in football changes really quickly. The circumstances are really difficult and probably unprecedented. Feeling sorry for ourselves doesn’t help, though.”

Some players individually suffered on the day, none more so than Pablo Mari, who struggled in the unenviable job of keeping tabs on Lukaku and Cedric Soares, who showed why right-back is still a position in desperate need of attention. But there was also a structural concern that begged the question as to why Arteta did not try to cover for the defensive limitations by selecting a back three.

pablo mari lukaku

Lukaku kept Mari at arm’s length all game (Photo: Nick Potts/PA Images via Getty Images)
“I did think about all the options like you can imagine,” Arteta said, before hinting that the COVID-19 absences played a part in his final tactical choice. Would it have been any better with a back three? It’s hard to imagine it would have been much worse.

It is very costly being without what would be a first-choice defensive shield of Ben White alongside Gabriel, with Thomas Partey in front of them. Missing the main central defensive pair and anchoring midfielder is a nightmarish situation for Arsenal, and one that probably will be taken into next weekend’s fixture at the Etihad.

Picking a makeshift back four and just leaving them to get stretched until they broke didn’t go well. Matching Chelsea in terms of shape has worked for Arsenal before but instead the manager’s preferred formation, without his preferred players, was overwhelmed.

Even in the gloom of the defeat to Chelsea, there were glimmers to cling to here and there. Kieran Tierney performed with typical guts. Albert Sambi Lokonga showed moments of brightness and sharp thinking even in such a trying match in midfield. Nuno Tavares was speedy and ambitious. Substitute Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who was one of the players who had COVID-19 and spent several days ill in bed, had a bit more presence at centre-forward than he did toiling in previous weeks on the left. It was not Emile Smith Rowe’s day but he still showed flashes. Bukayo Saka has some rustiness but might have earned a penalty.

Josh Kroenke was over from America, watching from the directors’ box, there to see — not for the first time — how a galling defeat against Chelsea can shine a blinding light on the troubles at Arsenal. It was on the return journey from the Europa League final in Baku, which Arsenal lost 4-1, that the younger Kroenke apparently had a moment of clarity that persuaded him for the need to be bolder in search of a route back towards the top. That was the summer of “Be excited”.

He may have noticed some supporters who flank the VIP area giving Edu some very audible flak. Despite the warm welcome afforded to Martin Ødegaard and the promise shown by Lokonga and Tavares, scrutiny over the work of the technical director in the bid to improve Arsenal may not go away until the team are much higher in the table and much more competitive.

There wasn’t much of a protest before, even though some supporters were trying to drum up another rallying message to send to Arsenal’s owners about the position the club is in. Mind you, one fan hanging around near the Cannons caught the mood with gallows humour, adorning his shirt with the printed slogan “BIG 6 LOL”.

They are far from that now. The notion of how long they can reasonably wait to be back among that must stay at the forefront of the Arsenal minds running the club.

Arseblog put put a similar blog today, but with less of a positive spin.

Penny dropped for him that the manager needs to be judged now and not when the starts align for Mikel. He hasn't seen any improvement or indication what our football is about.

Gunnerblog was again fighting his Athletic conditioning, lad looked proper miserable that peope were giving him a hard time for not criticizing the manager. Got really bullish about it

Think of we don't win against west brom are going to get ugly.

Vanpayslip

It was nice to go to the Emirates yesterday. Not just the stadium itself but the whole day from the journey in, stopping at a few pubs along the way and seeing all the familiar faces.

It did change my perspective though. After yesterday I now see this as being fixed by another manager. I have no doubt at all now that Arteta will get sacked as the stadium is already turning toxic. If anything, he got away with this because of empty Emirates.

I’m actually a bit sad with how it turned out. I was rooting for him. He genuinely felt like one of our own and the way forward.

It’s actually shocking to see how wrong he got it. There is no doubt he came into a bad situation. But he never once tried to own it. He knows what’s needed because he made those adjustments in the first season he was here. But it would appear that those were made begrudgingly as he reverted to his ‘philosophy’ and it has been a disaster since then.

Lack of ownership has been the biggest issue. He acts as though the squad is not his players. I get they might not be to his liking but to just play a way completely different to your players abilities is insanity. The problem here is that he has decided not to use players because he wants certain qualities in other players and now we have a backlog of players to get rid of because he has added his own deadwood. I’m struggling to see what it is that Mari does that Chambers can’t do. What exactly did he see in Soares that one of our pile of other rbs can’t do. And then he turns around and says he doesn’t have the players. I get that but this isn’t the Mikel Arteta show. A more experienced manager would have worked with what he has while allowing sales and natural attrition to take hold and re-populating his squad. That’s not just hindsight- it’s the bleeding obvious because we can’t have 3-4 years of certain players simply not being used because they are no worse than their replacements but the manager simply doesn’t like them.

And that brings me to another point that I find infuriating. This team is a 3 at the back team. There is no way of getting around that. We can’t just get rid of the majority of the squad to change that. Towards the end of Wenger’s time he has to concede that 3 at the back was needed. Emery had to revert to 3 at the back and in his second season things went horribly wrong was because he decided to be Emery full time. The reason this is infuriating is because a proper manager would work with what he has rather than have his head in the clouds thinking he is next Pep and playing with players that are just not good enough technically to pull of that style.

From his side, I think he is starting to feel the pressure. He is talking nonsense. It was cringeworthy when he tried to play up how big Chelsea are in his post match interview. The week before he said something along the lines of ‘oh well Toney will do that to most cbs’. Then he keeps on going on about how many players are missing. Looking at the team sheet -
Leno - his player. He had a choice between Emi and him and he made his choice
Soares - your signing
Mari - your signing. Can’t complain about this one as he is experienced and played regularly last season
Holding - he played regularly last season
Tierney - is the first choice
Xhaka - it was your choice to keep him
Sambi - Partey was injured in a pre season friendly. I don’t take any excuses for this one as he had enough time to prepare.
Pepe - first team player
Saka- first team player
ESR - first team player. If the argument is that Martin should have played then that is the clubs fault and not acceptable.
Martinelli - Yes, rookie player and I can understand this one.

I’m only seeing a shortfall of one above that was unexpected. He can’t just whinge and say it is circumstances as he had plenty of time and players to make this work. Like I said, lack of ownership is becoming a theme of his tenure.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arseblog put put a similar blog today, but with less of a positive spin.

Penny dropped for him that the manager needs to be judged now and not when the starts align for Mikel. He hasn't seen any improvement or indication what our football is about.

Gunnerblog was again fighting his Athletic conditioning, lad looked proper miserable that peope were giving him a hard time for not criticizing the manager. Got really bullish about it

Think of we don't win against west brom are going to get ugly.
I think city will beat us. And week 4 home against Norwich when we are 19th and then 20th will be huge pressure game. I can’t imagine how toxic the atmosphere will be in that match if results are not going our way. All hell will break loose

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We had some bright spots against Chelsea and should've scored at least once but the gulf in class was evident, especially in the physical department. Also, defensively they were much better.

We had a very young team out and if nothing else the future looks bright. That's the only source of optimism for me at the moment.

Saka was very poor btw, I'd much rather see Arteta easing him back in but I guess the circumstances dictated the opposite.

Yeosol

He hasn't seen any improvement or indication what our football is about.
This is pretty much it for me. I loved the appointment of Arteta, thought it was a gutsy call and by all accounts he's a big managerial talent. I still feel he'll become a very good manager, but I doubt it will happen at Arsenal.

Watching pre-season and our first two competetive games, I just find it very hard to see how we've improved since last season started. For comparison, it took Klopp about three years to build a Liverpool side that could challenge for the big titles, but up until they were ready to do that they showed steady improvement season by season. Not only results wise, but in the way they played. There was a clear idea and structure that I don't see watching Arsenal for the past 12 months.

Pulp

Well then why are people praising pep or any manager that spends money?

Pep should have won the league without buying players.

Klopp for that matter.

So they aren't good coaches so.
It has already been posted but Klopp is a bad example. He immediately improved Liverpool who were starting to drift under Rodgers after their initial upwards trajectory.
Pep has never inherited a bad team so it's hard to really judge him on those merits.

My point was never that Arteta should win it all with what he's got or when he came here, but rather that he tweaks his team and makes results with it and improves over time. When he came in it seemed he was doing that. But sadly the team has stagnated and even regressed in some parts.

I am sure we will get plenty of opportunites to see "his" team with all the players back and all that, but there is a reason most fans now are getting tired or are losing hope. After so much time you expect to see improvements and not the opposite.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
In itself losing to Chelsea isn't a massive shock.

To be honest after going 2-0 down after 30 minutes I half expected us to capitulate and get an absolute battering. Fortunately that didn't happen but it never really looked like we were going to get ourselves back into the match either.

Man City is another nailed on loss, after that Mikel really has to start us on a pretty decent run otherwise the pressure on him is going to be at fever pitch.

At this stage If you were a betting man you wouldn't put money on him still being manager in January.

Why batter us when you can pace yourself and not even get out of second gear to beat us?

Thats how toothless we are right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom