• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Week 2 of the season. Fans surround Artetas car and tell him yo leave the club. Been saying all summer this will get really ugly really quickly. I expect fans to soon enter the pitch and attack him if he doesn’t leave
Oh Lord. This is terrible.. He already looks like he doesn’t sleep anymore

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
First PL game in 70 years, new stadium, first game back with a full set of fans for Brentford whilst we suffered from a Covid outbreak. Put the situation into context.
The baying internet mob will never care for contex :confused:

I doubt it was possible to select a worse 3 games for Arsenal to start the season with a depleted squad. Actually 4 if you factor in a tricky away game against a physical West Brom side for a young team struggling for confidence.

If the fixture list or injury/illness situation had been kinder we would be in a far better place no doubt.

That is not making excuses btw.
It is just simply a fact.

Malky

Established Member
No excuses, genuine reasons as to why we lose, valid reasons. Why would you expect to go there and win in such a scenario?
Even though we had White, Tierney, Xhaka, Lokonga, ESR, Pepe, Martinelli and Saka on the bench. A team with those players, in your opinion, isn't strong enough to get anything at Brentford?
You're making out like we were down to bare bones and using kids from the academy.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta trying to hide and make excuses rather than prepare any actual tactics. I guess he tried to get the Chelsea match canceled rather than train too.

This is beyond sad now.

You can prepare tactics all you want, if you have a covid outbreak hours before the game, everything goes out the window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Even though we had White, Tierney, Xhaka, Lokonga, ESR, Pepe, Martinelli and Saka on the bench. A team with those players, in your opinion, isn't strong enough to get anything at Brentford?
You're making out like we were down to bare bones and using kids from the academy.

ESR/Saka/Martinelli/Balogun aren't kids?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's why i said " academy " - ie inexperinced at this level. The only one who was of that level was arguably Balogun

They're all inexperienced at this level and shouldn't be relied upon. ESR played 6 months at this level, Martinelli a similar amount. Saka shouldn't have even played any minutes but we were desperate.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
They're all inexperienced at this level and shouldn't be relied upon. ESR played 6 months at this level, Martinelli a similar amount. Saka shouldn't have even played any minutes but we were desperate.

Yet, your suggestion is that Ødegaard plays over some of them? What?

Top Bottom