• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t see too much wrong with that, Bald. All he’s doing is getting his attention, which he’s allowed to, and pointing to the shambles on the pitch. He wasn’t rude and no other words were said. Edu’s wife needs to wind her neck in tbh. It happened in the stadium, it’s fair game

I agree, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that but in this social media era, fans think everything is a crime. The online abuse that Ramsdale got was totally unacceptable but in this one he didn’t even say anything lol the fan literally just pointed to the pitch.

If that was Italy or even some grounds in France, he probably would have been physically attacked for the disastrous decisions that he’s done regardless of whether he was a former player.

That’s just one of many examples.

Why

Always Me ?
Considering Arteta didn't hear the booing and thought the fans were cheering him on he probably thought the guys round the car were there for autographs and telling him what a bang up job he is doing. So doubt it matters.

I don't like the Edu bit can clearly see the young kid next to his wife.

I always find it weird that people won't swear Infront of their kids at home but go to a football game with said kids and discuss skull ****ing a player/referee/manager every 5 seconds

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
McNicholas 100% is salty about fans holding him to all of this shilling, btw.
its really beyond the pale making such baseless accusations

Egm6dtGWsAAv5Kk.jpg

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That’s some shameful sh*t right there.

Years ago after a defeat we saw Wenger stopped at lights about 10 mins from the ground. Someone asked me at the time why I didn’t go up and say something. Was absolutely livid with the loss but even the youngest, stupidest, angriest most Arsenal obsessed version of me would never dream of such a thing.
Not to defend these fool, but years of frustration of mismanagement and owners who don’t care has made people lose their mind. The club really has little clue about fans and their frustration and when you add to those things we are here now. I really fear something really ugly will happen soon. Aftv doesn’t help much as well

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not to defend these fool, but years of frustration of mismanagement and owners who don’t care has made people lose their mind. The club really has little clue about fans and their frustration and when you add to those things we are here now. I really fear something really ugly will happen soon. Aftv doesn’t help much as well

Nothing will happen, our fans in general aren’t built that way. They’re mostly keyboard warriors, nothing like those fans in France or Italy.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Fans like @HairSprayGooners betray the fact they haven't been to a single game if they think someone saying Edu and pointing to the pitch is huge abuse. It just shows the plastic nature of fans that they can't appreciate that the guy has spent hundreds on a season ticket and has the right to an opinion and this was pretty mild in the grand scheme of things. They just want to be good customers of Arteta-chan.=

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
he plays 4-2-3-1, but he tells his fullbacks to play like they are wing backs which is pure madness. There was too much space with the fullback area all match and he couldnt even see it and fix it

That wasn't the problem really. He got outcoached by Tuchel who let Lukaku target Mari and his left side, Tierney was constantly tucking in to help Mari - and as he himself said Lukaku dominated those two at will. That's what left Arsenal's left side open for Reece James to do as he pleased.

Then you had Lokonga and Xhaka being drawn out to help out defending on the wings which left the centre vacated. Arteta was completely outcoached.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
That wasn't the problem really. He got outcoached by Tuchel who let Lukaku target Mari and his left side, Tierney was constantly tucking in to help Mari - and as he himself said Lukaku dominated those two at will. That's what left Arsenal's left side open for Reece James to do as he pleased.

Then you had Lokonga and Xhaka being drawn out to help out defending on the wings which left the centre vacated. Arteta was completely outcoached.

Tuchel on Arteta

Toby

I don't think Tuchel outcoached Arteta, Mikel's plan was just so bad on it's own, we just beat ourselves.

That's another way to put it. And it's probably true to a good degree. Tuchel did have Arteta's number and set Chelsea up in the perfect way to toy with Arsenal, but the most baffling things was how easy it was for Chelsea. They didn't even need to get into serious gear.

If Arteta had any cojones he'd resign.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I was much more angry with the Brentford game last week, the way we surrendered in that match was terrible.

Thought we put up a decent-ish fight against Chelsea, most of the players anyway...they just have a better squad, manager and owner than us these days.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I was much more angry with the Brentford game last week, the way we surrendered in that match was terrible.

Thought we put up a decent-ish fight against Chelsea, most of the players anyway...they just have a better squad, manager and owner than us these days.

If makes anyone feel any better, I'm positive we'll get a result versus West Brom.

Toby

Fight? There was no intensity at all at times. And don't get me started on defending or "pressing", the players are keeping away from opposition players intentionally, they're backing up and are never close enough to actually attack. Arteta's "tactics" are absolute garbage.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fight? There was no intensity at all at times. And don't get me started on defending or "pressing", the players are keeping away from opposition players intentionally, they're backing up and are never close enough to actually attack. Arteta's "tactics" are absolute garbage.

Considering we were 2 down at halftime, and being outplayed (plus our 2 CBs were booked) I feared a mauling in the second half.

It wasn't good, as you say...but it's gotten to a point now, were if we lose but not embarrassed, I will take it...especially against one of the top teams :lol:

Toby

If makes anyone feel any better, I'm positive we'll get a result versus West Brom.

Yesterday I was pretty sure about that cause they don't have one single standout player and are coached by Valerien Ismael whom I remembered aas one of the biggest coaching jokes the Bundesliga has ever seen. They guy spectacularly failed at Nuremburg, Wolfsburg and in Greece when he started out, but having had another look it seems like he's turned it around at LASK in Austria and now Barnsely and WestBrom.

Another performance like these last two against Brentford and Chelsea with garbage tactics, no organization and structure at all and thus isolated attackers, drawn out midfielders and overstrained defenders with the lifeless individual performances and the lackluster "press" in which players back off of opposition players - imo no matter who he puts out on the field, any organized team can hurt Arsenal.

Toby

Considering we were 2 down at halftime, and being outplayed (plus our 2 CBs were booked) I feared a mauling in the second half.

It wasn't good, as you say...but it's gotten to a point now, were if we lose but not embarrassed, I will take it, especially against one of the top teams :lol:

That was luck, though. Chelsea went into pre season friendly mode and still were never in danger of giving the game away and they still could've scored a few.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom